Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 331

Thread: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

  1. #281
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    If I was a green frog but all the other frogs were red, I would feel different, wouldn't I?


    Tim-
    If my parents were black and every other kids parents were white would I feel different? If I were adopted and all the other kids wernt would I feel different? If my parents were poor and all the other kids parents were rich would I feel different? You see what im getting at? There are tons of reasons a kid is going to feel different from the other kids and we dont fret about them nearly as much as we do about how a kid is going to feel if they have homosexual parents.

  2. #282
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    If my parents were black and every other kids parents were white would I feel different? If I were adopted and all the other kids wernt would I feel different? If my parents were poor and all the other kids parents were rich would I feel different? You see what im getting at? There are tons of reasons a kid is going to feel different from the other kids and we dont fret about them nearly as much as we do about how a kid is going to feel if they have homosexual parents.
    Voice of experience: by the time you are old enough to understand what is going on, you are old enough to understand that it ain't a big deal. It is a nonissue.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Words are subjective because everyone percieves things differently from others.
    Feelings are subjective. How a relationship is structured is subjective. But posts on DebatePolitics.com are not composed of feelings and relationships, posts are composed of words. Words have definitions. The Webster definition for 'love' does not contain Webster's definition for 'trust'. That doesn't mean your love for your wife has no trust, it means when you use the word 'love' in a post, the causal reader is not automatically including 'trust' in the meaning. It's important that you describe your relationship as including both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Take a look at Christianity. How many different sub-groups are in Christianity? Off of ONE book? And all of those books have the same exact words in it. If words are not subjective then by all means tell me how in the world there are so many different Christian groups.
    Certainly. First let me point out that Catholics, Protestants and Mormons are not all using the same bible. The Catholic bible contains books the Protestant bible does not, due to deferring processes in authenticating scripture. Mormons added onto the bible a whole new collection of modern works neither protestant nor Catholics can authenticate using their different processes. So right off the bat your premise that there is only 'one book' is false. Additionally, the bible is a collection of books, not a single book of it's own, so your premise is twice disproved.

    Moving on to Protestant denominations:
    Matin Luther is the principal character for instigating the Protestant Reformation with his 95 Theses, As these theses are not scripture, nor are they regarded by Lutherans as such, Lutherans are using more than just your "one book". Baptists simply believe that the baptism ritual should only be performed by professing believers, and not ever to new borns since a new born can not confess loyalty and obedience. Baptists are an example of subjective priorities, not subjective meanings of words.

    I could go on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Love by itself does not include trust.
    Which is why your statement "love is all we have" necessarily excluded trust, and is also why I said "love in not enough, a marriage is based on trust".

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But I also don't love my sister the same way that I love my mother.
    Pro-ssm never qualifies what kind of love they're talking about, so any kind of love is open for marriage, therefore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    One word can encompass a thousand words to a person giving the right circumstances.
    In a poem, perhaps, but not in a dry, impersonal post in an online forum while surrounded by debate opponents who's job is to pick apart everything you say.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-15-12 at 01:37 AM.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    There is no advantage or disadvantage to SSM. Why should there be? And why would the children of same sex parents feel different if homosexuality were completely accepted?
    I would think that SS marriage IS a disadvantage to heterosexual marriage in one important category. You can assign any measurable as you wish but, children of OSM are the children of both parents. They are a product of both parents genetically, and that genertic disposition is realized in and as a normal progression of the evolutionary model which is composed of both parents genetic matieral. That is to say that evolution progresses on a macro scale, NOT a microcosom.. The model for evolution consists of a male and a female producing offspring. It does not require adoptions, or invetro, and it cannot include parents that are not the prodgeny and in turn to their own children. Homosexiuals do not evolve as a family they evolve as individuals..



    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #285
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Voice of experience: by the time you are old enough to understand what is going on, you are old enough to understand that it ain't a big deal. It is a nonissue.
    Exactly. I had a friend whos mother was lesbian and I honestly had no clue anything was different. I just knew that his mom and dad were divorced and he lived with his mom and his moms friend. It didnt hit me until I was like 16 and I thought about it a bit more.

  6. #286
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I would think that SS marriage IS a disadvantage to heterosexual marriage in one important category. You can assign any measurable as you wish but, children of OSM are the children of both parents. They are a product of both parents genetically, and that genertic disposition is realized in and as a normal progression of the evolutionary model which is composed of both parents genetic matieral. That is to say that evolution progresses on a macro scale, NOT a microcosom.. The model for evolution consists of a male and a female producing offspring. It does not require adoptions, or invetro, and it cannot include parents that are not the prodgeny and in turn to their own children. Homosexiuals do not evolve as a family they evolve as individuals..



    Tim-
    That is not a disadvantage and you do not understand evolution(hint: marriage is not an evolutionary concept).
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #287
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Legal arguments do not require an advantage of SSM over strait marraige.

    No, in fact you can feel quite normal with gay parents.
    Says you.. You do not need an advantage but you do need to demonstrate that your gay situation has NO disadvantage.. And it does, but unlike a married dysfunctional heterosexual family, a GAY family is inherantly dysfunctional..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #288
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I would think that SS marriage IS a disadvantage to heterosexual marriage in one important category. You can assign any measurable as you wish but, children of OSM are the children of both parents. They are a product of both parents genetically, and that genertic disposition is realized in and as a normal progression of the evolutionary model which is composed of both parents genetic matieral. That is to say that evolution progresses on a macro scale, NOT a microcosom.. The model for evolution consists of a male and a female producing offspring. It does not require adoptions, or invetro, and it cannot include parents that are not the prodgeny and in turn to their own children. Homosexiuals do not evolve as a family they evolve as individuals..



    Tim-
    Your arguing about same sex parenting not same sex marriage but ok. Every peer reviewed study on same sex parenting shows no negative impact on children. I have also never seen any evidence that there is some advantage to both parents being genetically related to their child.

  9. #289
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Says you.. You do not need an advantage but you do need to demonstrate that your gay situation has NO disadvantage.. And it does, but unlike a married dysfunctional heterosexual family, a GAY family is inherantly dysfunctional..


    Tim-

    Why the hell would a "gay family" be inherently dysfunctional?

  10. #290
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Says you.. You do not need an advantage but you do need to demonstrate that your gay situation has NO disadvantage.. And it does, but unlike a married dysfunctional heterosexual family, a GAY family is inherantly dysfunctional..


    Tim-
    That would be wrong on every level. All that gay people need to show is that SSM bans violate their constitutional protections. Gay familes are not inerantly disfunctional.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •