Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 331

Thread: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

  1. #221
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    How does it not?

    I began my sentence with a conjuction, which serves to validate everything you accused me of and then add to it. I'm agreeing with you. How is what I said not related to your post?

    I'll be more spicific:

    YES! That is the the theme of this thread: to lie, distort and twist the facts. This is what the article did, this is what OP perpetuates, and so this is what I'm doing. As my oldest son says "you're playing silly-games".

    Yes I do know that very well, and you know that I know it, so when I say something that seems out of place you know I'm up to something. This isn't hard to figure out.

    The statement "heterosexuals are allowed to marry the person they love" is not grounded is law or fact, as others have soundly articulated. It's a retarded statement, and what do we do with retarded things? We make fun of them! In this case, we play little word games with "love" since no one qualified "love" in the statement.

    YES! It was disengenous! That was the point. I know that I'm just another guy ****ing around on the internet, but you think I'm for real. Non of this is real.

    Gays make up 2% of the population, only a fraction of that 2% even care about SSM, and of those who care, half will divorce within 7 years. SSM is a non-issue. It's just a political football we like to toss around.
    See, this is why I don't like debating with you Jerry. Half the time you say it straight. The other half of the time you twist and twist as much as possible. I'm a straight forward kind of guy and hate when others twist and turn.

    While you may think that SSM is a "non-issue" I don't. I consider a persons rights to be a very serious issue. Be it 1 persons rights, or a billion peoples rights.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    See, this is why I don't like debating with you Jerry. Half the time you say it straight. The other half of the time you twist and twist as much as possible. I'm a straight forward kind of guy and hate when others twist and turn.
    If people would quit saying stupid **** like "heteros have the right to marry who they love" over and over and over then folks like myself wouldn't keep acting out against them. SSM should be legalized but not because some people marry for love. Love is not enough for a marriage to work, so that's just bull****.

    If people would quite posing threads based on lies then folks like myself wouldn't act out against them either. Mullet was arrested for not leaving after being told to, not for seeking a SSM.

    You came to a thread which OP based on a lie, not straight forward facts, and you crumb when I play the games back at OP.

    Well what the **** did you expect for a piece of **** thread like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    While you may think that SSM is a "non-issue" I don't. I consider a persons rights to be a very serious issue. Be it 1 persons rights, or a billion peoples rights.
    That's the same hyper-emotional gooie nonsense that got you into this mess.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-14-12 at 06:49 AM.

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If people would quit saying stupid **** like "heteros have the right to marry who they love" over and over and over then folks like myself wouldn't keep acting out against them. SSM should be legalized but not because some people marry for love. Love is not enough for a marriage to work, so that's just bull****.
    Me and my wife has been married for 10 years, been together for 11. All we have is love. Neither of us are that much alike. Love is more than enough for a marriage to work. So long as it is the right kind of love.

    The number one reason that people get married is because they think they are in love. That is the reason. You and...who was it, Zyph? Like you two said, there is nothing saying that people have a right to get married due to love. Our laws are not that pin point oriented. And people do get married for reasons other than love. Some due for monetary gain. Others do it because they feel obligated to because the person they were screwing got pregnant or they did. And many other reasons. But that still does not change the fact that many, even the majority, do it simply because they are in love. But regardless of why heterosexuals get married it does not change the fact that homosexuals are not allowed to marry for those same reasons. All of which is valid in themselves and are points which are valid to point out. The reason that love is used is simply because that is the majority reason that people marry.

    When talking about SSM and marriage in general we are not talking simply about marriage. We are also talking about why people get married. That includes love. You cannot talk about marriage without addressing the reasons that people get married. Well, you can, but then you're only getting half of the picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If people would quite posing threads based on lies then folks like myself wouldn't act out against them either. Mullet was arrested for not leaving after being told to, not for seeking a SSM.
    It is not a lie from a certain point of view. In a strict literal sense, yes it is a lie. But would she have been arrested for not leaving when told to if she had gotten that marriage license? The answer of course is no. Why? Because she would not have had a valid reason to be civilly disobedient. She would have been quite happy and never would have stayed. She never would have stayed because she would not have had a sense of being treated unfairly under the law. Now you can of course ignore this and stick with just the minimal account of her not leaving when told to and as such broke a law. But the reason a person breaks a law is just as important. This is evidenced all through out our court history. Though it certainly seems like we have been pulling away from that more and more lately.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You came to a thread which OP based on a lie, not straight forward facts, and you crumb when I play the games back at OP.

    Well what the **** did you expect for a piece of **** thread like this?
    Just because you have an issue with the OP does not mean that you should take out that issue on others. I was trying to have a serious conversation with you. Hell, that conversation wasn't even about what was said in the OP until this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's the same hyper-emotional gooie nonsense that got you into this mess.
    No, it is the same exact thing that this country is founded upon. Individual rights. Which means if even ONE persons rights are being denied then that is too much. Now if that is being "hyper-emotional gooie nonsense" then I am guilty. Along with generations of Americans.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #224
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    Dude.

    Like Zyph said, you can ignore the rest of the sentence, but it's still there nonetheless.
    It'd be nice that if you were going to continue to quote me if you'd also stop misrepresenting what my statement was.

    There is a civil right to marriage.

    That civil right to marriage is not limited, save for legal issues, in terms of the decision metrics one uses to decide whether or not they want to marry someone.

    Heterosexuals currently have a realistic expectation that they can make their choice for marriage based on the notion of love, attraction, or romantic engagement with the individual. Homosexuals currently do not have such a reasonable expectation under the law. Now, as I've said before and you've completely ignored in favor of misrepresenting my point over and over again and trying to use my name to wrongly give your own argument weight, while discrimination under the law is not inherently unconstitutional there's a lot of grey area as to whether or not it is allowable in this case squarely regarding homosexuality.

    It also doesn't begin to broach the issues of gender discrimination that are potentially present.

    So while there is no right specifically to "marry the person we love", there is a generalized right to marriage and the law discriminates against Homosexuals in terms of the reasonable criteria they have available under the law to mak their decision to engage in such an act.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Me and my wife has been married for 10 years, been together for 11. All we have is love. Neither of us are that much alike. Love is more than enough for a marriage to work. So long as it is the right kind of love.
    Wow so you don't trust eachother at all? Damn.

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wow so you don't trust eachother at all? Damn.
    Trust is a part of love.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Trust is a part of love.
    lolwut? no, it's not.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-14-12 at 11:57 AM.

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    lolwut? no, it's not.
    For me it is. If you don't trust you don't love. I cannot see how someone can love their wife/husband without trusting them. If my wife broke my trust in her then I could never love her again.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    For me it is. If you don't trust you don't love. I cannot see how someone can love their wife/husband without trusting them. If my wife broke my trust in her then I could never love her again.
    A few days ago 2 civilian Oshkosh contractors trusted me with their lives as I used a loader with the fork attachments to hold up the ass end of an MRAP while they got underneath to do some work.

    I'm pretty sure they didn't love me.

    Every night I trust solders I've never met to guard the wall and man the cameras. I don't think I'v ever met most of them to then love them.

    I love both my X and my sisters, but I don't trust any of them, at all, and for very good reason.

    Love and trust are 2 compleatly different things, so if love is all you have, then you have no trust, and love is no enough since a marriage is based on trust.

  10. #230
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A few days ago 2 civilian Oshkosh contractors trusted me with their lives as I used a loader with the fork attachments to hold up the ass end of an MRAP while they got underneath to do some work.

    I'm pretty sure they didn't love me.

    Every night I trust solders I've never met to guard the wall and man the cameras. I don't think I'v ever met most of them to then love them.

    I love both my X and my sisters, but I don't trust any of them, at all, and for very good reason.

    Love and trust are 2 compleatly different things, so if love is all you have, then you have no trust, and love is no enough since a marriage is based on trust.
    I could have sworn that we were talking about marriages and love in respect to marriages.....you're twisting again.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •