Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 331

Thread: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

  1. #101
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    As a heterosexual man, if I love another heterosexual man, I'm still not allowed to marry him.

    So much for your theory.
    This argument always fails. You see, it's about the redress of grievances. People aren't petitioning to marry turtles or horses. Heterosexual men are not petitioning to marry other heterosexual men. However, homosexuals are, and in enough numbers to have political force. Whether you see them as morally equivalent or not is irrelevant to their political standing.

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Excuse me but I love my brother very much. As we're both consenting adults why shouldn't we be allowed to enter into this 'strictly legal' contract? He has a few medical problems my military benefits could help with, AND it would save me the trouble of drafting a PoA, will, etc when I deploy again.
    A love for a brother, or father, or friend is entirely different from the kind of love being talked about. I'm quite sure that you know that.

    Here you are in this thread talking about how the OP's article lied, please don't make yourself a hypocrit by denying or twisting the type of love that is actually being talked about.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #103
    Advisor gmeyers1944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westfield,NY (on Lake Erie)
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    503

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    It is done all the time with blocking doors. Their are even those that kill the doctors. So yes the abortionist lawbreakers should be arrested as well. But it does make a point and brings issues to the court.
    "Two wrongs do not make a right" is what my mother told me long ago. Murder is wrong even when done to prevent other murders (abortions)

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    The news article's title is deliberately deceptive. As noted by Jerry, she wasn't arrested for seeking a marriage licence, she was arrested for making a scene and refusing to leave.
    Kind of like those pesky Civil Rights demonstrators in the 50's and 60's. A lot of them got arrested for not abiding by state law.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Attachment 67127468
    ..........................
    You've just defined the Civil Rights movement. Can the guys with hoods be far behind?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So you are just going to repeat yourself in the absence of a better argument?
    The media takes a real event among normal people and lied about the facts so as to create a character that is an empty shell. By creating this "emptyshell", Mary Lee Bradford has become less of a person and more ofsomething the casual reader can wear, like a hair cut. I'm going to refer to as "Mullet" from here on-out. The media has taken this incident and created ameme out of it.

    ****
    Since your thread title claims that only one person was arrested, when in fact Mary Jamis was also arrested, Mary Jamis no longer exists at all.

    ****
    You say Mullit was arrested for seeking a marriage license. Mullit was arrested for trespassing, and you knew this, so you lied.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-12-12 at 03:40 PM.

  7. #107
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Themedia takes a real event among normal people and lied about the facts so as tocreate a character that is an empty shell. By creating this "emptyshell",
    Mary Lee Bradford has become less of a person and more ofsomething the casual reader can wear, like a hair cut. I'm going to refer to as "Mullet" from here onout.


    The media has taken this incident and created ameme out of it.

    ****
    Since your thread title claims that only one person was arrested, when in fact Mary Jamis was also arrested, Mary Jamis no longer exists at all.

    ****
    You say Mullit was arrested for seeking a marriage license. Mullit was arrested for trespassing, and you knew this, so you lied.
    You are really reaching now.

    Mary Jamis, 52, of Mocksville, and a heterosexual friend who joined the protest, Mary Lea Bradford of Winston-Salem, were arrested after they blocked the entrance to the marriage license office and refused to leave more than 30 minutes after closing time.
    Also there is an example of the article not mentioning her companion as you so eloquently complained about ...

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Lesbian women, are not "it"s. They are people.
    If this were true then it would have been reflected in the OP.

    OP, however, dehumanized 2 individuals by completely ignoring the existence of one, and only referring to the other by it's sexual orientation. Therefore it is not a person, it is Mullet, and it was arrested for trespassing, not seeking a SSM.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-12-12 at 03:46 PM.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If this were true then it would have been reflected in the OP.OP, however, dehumanized 2 individuals by completely ignoring the existence of one, and only referring to the other by it's sexual orientation. Therefore it is not a person, it is Mullet, and it was arrested for trespassing, not seeking a SSM.
    lesbians are not human beings, in your eyes?

    that's pretty sick & hateful. what made you come to such a sad & angry stance?

  10. #110
    Advisor gmeyers1944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westfield,NY (on Lake Erie)
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    503

    Re: Lesbian arrested for seeking marriage license in North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    It is related. You said that in NC gays do not have the right to legally marry each other. I said that in the 1960s black people did not have the right to eat at the same restaurants as white people. Explain to me why race is irrelevant when the scenarios are almost exactly the same.
    I have always been a big fan of civil rights, particularly where race is involved. But marriage MEANS the union of one man with one woman. Publishing dictionaries with a different definition does NOT change that.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •