Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: US downs missile with new interceptor

  1. #111
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    I don't know Albert. Watching this, I felt like I was watching The 700 Club, for Muslims. It had the same saccharin melodrama. Most Americans are not represented by the 700 club, but middle-easterners might get the confused idea that they do represent us. I don't want to fall into a trap like that with this video.
    What Iran preaches and what Iran does are two very different things. I go with what they have done over the past 30 years. Not what they say.

    And considering how the Saudi give lip service to an even stricter version of Islam then Iran but then proceeded to drink, smoke and whore in private, it's really hard to take something like that video seriously.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    I don't know Albert. Watching this, I felt like I was watching The 700 Club, for Muslims. It had the same saccharin melodrama. Most Americans are not represented by the 700 club, but middle-easterners might get the confused idea that they do represent us. I don't want to fall into a trap like that with this video.
    The video was produced and funded by the Govt. of Iran. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has virtually said he is the Sayed Khorasani whose coming was predicted in prophecy as the person who would act as the catalyst for return of the Mahdi.

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You do realize you are largely ignoring my points not to mention the entire history of the Islamic Republic no?



    When you actually have an argument based on historical precedent, reply, otherwise you're just blowing smoke.
    I apologize.........

  4. #114
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    The video was produced and funded by the Govt. of Iran. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has virtually said he is the Sayed Khorasani whose coming was predicted in prophecy as the person who would act as the catalyst for return of the Mahdi.
    Luckily for us, Pat Robertson didn't win the presidency. Otherwise, he'd be saying similar stupid things. Middle-easterners might see one of his speeches and one would turn to the other and say, "See? I told you all Americans are brain-washed religious fanatics. You know this is true because the government produced the video!"
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    Luckily for us, Pat Robertson didn't win the presidency. Otherwise, he'd be saying similar stupid things. Middle-easterners might see one of his speeches and one would turn to the other and say, "See? I told you all Americans are brain-washed religious fanatics. You know this is true because the government produced the video!"
    Khamenei and Amadinejad rule Iran. Both are members of the Twelver Sect. They hold power right now.

    Pat Robertson isn't president of the USA. He's a sick old man with a dwindling following.

  6. #116
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Khamenei and Amadinejad rule Iran. Both are members of the Twelver Sect. They hold power right now.

    Pat Robertson isn't president of the USA. He's a sick old man with a dwindling following.
    Actually Amadinejad doesn't do anything. The Iranian Presidency has always been a figure head position with virtually no real power. The Mullahs have always held the real power with the capacity to veto anything they dislike. There's a reason why Amadinejad hasn't been heard of lately since he had a falling out with Khamenei. He serves at Khamenei's will doing what Khamenei wants him to when Khamenei wants him to do it. Failure to remaining in the good graces of Khamenei is when Amadinejad has largely left the international public scene. Khamenei could remove Amadinejad whenever he wants. It just looks really bad to sack a sitting president.

    The public statements of Iran do not gel with the private actions of its leadership. They have never risked their lives or their power. The interesting thing about such hierarchies is that they are entirely predictable.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #117
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: US downs missile with new interceptor

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Pat Robertson isn't president of the USA. He's a sick old man with a dwindling following.
    Thank God for that!
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •