Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 214

Thread: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Its interesting that your implied remarks about Texans place you squarely into at least two of the three categories of names you call the sheriff.
    Not to mention, clearly demonstrating that he probably knows almost nothing about Texas or Texas Culture.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Not to mention, clearly demonstrating that he probably knows almost nothing about Texas or Texas Culture.
    He probably doesn't know Texas has one of the largest gay churches in the country:

    https://www2.cathedralofhope.com/

  3. #53
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,781

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Those in favour of Sheriff Joe really should do a bit more reading

    YOUR tax dollars: How much does it cost to defend the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office?

    According to Maricopa County Risk Management records, almost 6,300 claims and lawsuits have been filed against Sheriff Arpaio and his office since he began as sheriff in 1993.

    The cost to defend those cases has been more than $50 million.

    Part of that $50 million has gone to defend more than 5,000 cases which were closed with no payout to the plaintiff.

    But of the total 6,300 case, there have been 1,828 lawsuits against the sheriff's office, according to a national lawsuit database.

    To put that into perspective, the ABC15 Investigators also searched Harris County in Texas which includes Houston. Harris County is almost the same size in population to Maricopa County.

    There are only 283 lawsuits listed under the Harris County Sheriff's Office for the same 17 year period. Maricopa County has about six times more.
    It ain't just Hispanics that Sheriff Joe has problems with, he also don't like being questioned by judges
    3 claims in cases could cost taxpayers $2 mil
    A judge and two other Maricopa County officials who were the targets of investigations by Sheriff Joe Arpaio and former County Attorney Andrew Thomas are close to settling legal claims against the county that will cost taxpayers at least $2million.
    Sheriff Joe also has problems with the type of people he employs(ed) in bringing the charges against the judge and county officials
    Former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas won't appeal disbarment

    Then there's the whole "Obama Loves Illegals" charge, so over-used by those who hate the President being refuted by reality.
    Washington Post, July 2010
    Deportation of illegal immigrants increases under Obama administration

    LATimes, Oct 2011
    Obama administration reports record number of deportations

    So the present Administration is doing a better job than the previous one on deporting illegals but there is also another fact that should cause problems for the "Obama Loves Illegals" crowd - there are fewer illegals entering the country since the start of his Presidency

    Boston Globe, Sept 2010
    Fewer entering US illegally

    FoxNews Latino, Oct 2011
    Far Less People Entering US Illegally From Mexico

    CBSNews, April 2012
    Illegal Mexican immigrant numbers down as more migrate back to Mexico
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #54
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    How much money has he saved them by getting rid of illegals?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #55
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So you support illegal aliens in the US?

    As far as your question. Ask those that vote for the canidate if they are qualified. Better yet, vote as I do and we won't need to debate. I know I am right.
    Oh. My. God! This has got to be the most absolutely pathetic response... ever!

    First, My response to you had absolutely ZERO to do with any form of immigration, legal or illegal. So, how you were able to delude yourself into thinking you were being clever by pulling that inference out of your ass is truly mind boggling.

    Second, Your feeble attempt at sidestepping my actual question while desiring to appear to answer the question was just as lame. If anything, your mental gymnastics did more to prove my point. Obviously, the fact that people you don't like get re-elected continually doesn't sit well with your cherry-picked example.

    Dude, seriously, here's some friendly advice... You've clearly demonstrated you have no credibility in this thread or regarding this topic. Sometimes it's better to not respond at all.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,751

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    How much money has he saved them by getting rid of illegals?
    Who cares about the money? His job is to defend the law and punish the guilty. He can cost the taxpayers whatever it takes to do the job he's paid to do.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #57
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Who cares about the money? His job is to defend the law and punish the guilty. He can cost the taxpayers whatever it takes to do the job he's paid to do.
    I don't, but that was in response to the other hacks post complaining about lawsuit costs.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #58
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    How much money has he saved them by getting rid of illegals?
    I'm sure Sheriff Joke's office can feed you any number you like, contact Lisa Allen, she is the Goebbels for him.

    But as far as "them", who would be Maricopa County tax payers, probably not much, since Joke's stormtroopers barely make a dent in the number. If anything it has cost the resorts and mansions in Paradise Valley/Scottsdale since the busboys and maid prices increased.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-13-12 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Isn't profiling how the FBI catches serial killers? And yes, racial is part of the profiling. I guess the left would feel better, and safer, if they stopped this practice as well.
    Except.....we aren't talking about FBI trained agents, we are talking about racial profiling where you are under suspicion for being brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    I think there is a big problem in AZ and the sheriff is doing what needs done. However, I also think this "all of a sudden" concern by the Obama administration is because it's time to vote soon again and the ONLY reason this was done.
    Sheriff Joke has been under fed investigation for over 1244 days, this investigation picked up steam when the revelations of the Sheriff's office ignoring MANY crimes including sex crimes against children while doing his overproduced, expensive "raids" at county expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •