Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 214

Thread: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

  1. #161
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post

    For some reason, I do not believe that Matt Foley is a constitutional scholar.
    The really funny part is that he's currently arguing with two lawyers about who gets constitutional protections.

  2. #162
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,449

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Question: How would you descibe the majority of people crossing the Mexican border into the US without permission?
    I know the answer to that one.

    Losers.

  3. #163
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    And you're basing this assertion on what, exactly?
    Common sense, get some.

  4. #164
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    The really funny part is that he's currently arguing with two lawyers about who gets constitutional protections.
    Oh more internet credentials, how easily you are browbeaten by internet credentials.

  5. #165
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    No of course not. The constitution deals with the goings on within the US and the actions of the US government no matter where it acts.
    No, the Constitution deals with American citizens on American soil.

  6. #166
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    No, the Constitution deals with American citizens on American soil.
    No. That is incorrect. There are rights the constitution grants to citizens only. For example, the 14th amendment reads "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

    Then there are rights that the constitution grants to all people, regardless of whether they are citizens or here legally or anything. For example, the 5th amendment reads "No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law".

    Then there are things that the government is simply forbidden from doing without any consideration of who it is doing it to. For example, the 1st amendment reads that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press".

    But, putting that aside, what Arpaio is accused of doing, amongst other things, is using racial profiling. Racial profiling means deciding to target an entire race rather than just those who are here illegally. He is violating the constitutional rights of Hispanic US citizens every single day.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  7. #167
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,012

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    tea:
    You keep saying MCSO is racial profling. Help me out here. It is a known fact that some Mexicans citizens enter the US illegally daily. It has been captured on video and shown on the news. Knowing that how would would you have law enforcement (I don't care what level local/state/fed) go about catching those individuals without racial profiling (as you call it).

    It is also known there are portions of Maricopa county that are hispanic communities. It is known that some illegal aliens live in those communites. How should ICE or any LE go about apprehending the illegal alien.

    It seems to be a matter of symantics to say racial profiling vs broad suspect profiling. Please don't sidetrack by responding LE has more important activities to carry out. MCSO is not the only LE agency within the county.
    Last edited by mike2810; 05-18-12 at 12:59 PM.

  8. #168
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    tea:
    You keep saying MCSO is racial profling. Help me out here. It is a known fact that some Mexicans citizens enter the US illegally daily. It has been captured on video and shown on the news. Knowing that how would would you have law enforcement (I don't care what level local/state/fed) go about catching those individuals without racial profiling (as you call it).

    It is also known there are portions of Maricopa county that are hispanic communities. It is known that some illegal aliens live in those communites. How should ICE or any LE go about apprehending the illegal alien.

    It seems to be a matter of symantics to say racial profiling vs broad suspect profiling. Please don't sidetrack by responding LE has more important activities to carry out. MCSO is not the only LE agency within the county.
    Consider the example I gave earlier about drunk driving. Bigger problem than illegal immigration obviously, and the percentages of people committing it that are white/non-hispanic are about the same (slightly higher) than the percentages of illegal immigrants that are hispanic. Should we start having the police just arrest every white person they see driving and haul them down to the police station for a blood test? How about if that test sometimes took 3 days and some white US citizens were being held that way 3-4 times per year? Would that be something you would support?

    In this country we just plain don't believe in punishing people for things other people did just because they have the same color of skin. Period. It is morally wrong and unconstitutional.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  9. #169
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Consider the example I gave earlier about drunk driving. Bigger problem than illegal immigration obviously, and the percentages of people committing it that are white/non-hispanic are about the same (slightly higher) than the percentages of illegal immigrants that are hispanic. Should we start having the police just arrest every white person they see driving and haul them down to the police station for a blood test? How about if that test sometimes took 3 days and some white US citizens were being held that way 3-4 times per year? Would that be something you would support?

    In this country we just plain don't believe in punishing people for things other people did just because they have the same color of skin. Period. It is morally wrong and unconstitutional.
    Only difference is that Americans have American rights and privileges, foreign nationals do not.

  10. #170
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    No. That is incorrect. There are rights the constitution grants to citizens only. For example, the 14th amendment reads "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

    Then there are rights that the constitution grants to all people, regardless of whether they are citizens or here legally or anything. For example, the 5th amendment reads "No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law".

    Then there are things that the government is simply forbidden from doing without any consideration of who it is doing it to. For example, the 1st amendment reads that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press".
    Oh brother, not that lame-ass lawyer-trick argument again. Do you know how long the Constitution would have to be if "citizens of the United States" replaced every instance of "person"?

    You realize the English languages utilizes nouns and pronouns for brevity, yeaaaaaaah.

    Foreign nationals have ZERO rights, if they are ever extended it's through the pleasure of of the government through laws and acts, not fundamental by way of the Constitution.

    But, putting that aside, what Arpaio is accused of doing, amongst other things, is using racial profiling. Racial profiling means deciding to target an entire race rather than just those who are here illegally. He is violating the constitutional rights of Hispanic US citizens every single day.
    Fine, put that aside. That's the only ****ing leg you got to stand on, which is why I'm not going to talk about it.
    Last edited by Matt Foley; 05-18-12 at 01:36 PM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •