Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 214

Thread: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

  1. #121
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    No it's not. Especially when they're a) not coming here in a group and b) not coming here in any military capacity. It's hard to take seriously the notion that a bunch of unarmed farm workers and would-be maids constitute a military force.
    Invasion doesn't have to only constitute armed trespassers. It also includes unarmed trespassers. Since the reagan Amnesty that's 461,538-769,230 people invading this country a year.It is still a large number of people invading the US.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #122
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis
    If you agree with the Sheriff's actions or not we have a real problem with illegal immigrants in AZ and I believe its citizens want something done even if those actions are not always pretty or perhaps even legal.
    And the perhaps not even legal is the basis of the lawsuit.

    6. This Complaint sets out three categories of unlawful conduct: (1) a pattern or practice of discriminatory and otherwise unconstitutional law enforcement actions against Latinos in Maricopa County; (2) discriminatory jail practices against Latino prisoners with limited English language skills; and (3) a pattern or practice of retaliatory actions against perceived critics of MCSO activities.

    7. This action is brought to enforce the First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, and Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution; the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, 42 U.S.C. § 14141; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-7; the Title VI implementing regulations issued by the United States Department of Justice, 28 C.F.R. §§ 42.101 to 42.112; and Title VI contractual assurances.

    http://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resou...1544060757.pdf
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #123
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Invasion doesn't have to only constitute armed trespassers. It also includes unarmed trespassers. Since the reagan Amnesty that's 461,538-769,230 people invading this country a year.It is still a large number of people invading the US.
    As a matter of fact, according to the relevant precedent on the subject, and according to Madison, "invasion" as used in the invasion clause does, in fact, have to be an armed invasion by another sovereign. Did you even look at the link I provided? It spells this all out in some detail.

  4. #124
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Not so much. Two of the bigger cases in Arizona in the last 20 years tend to confirm that:

    "The first case, in 1997, involved a joint operation between Chandler police and U.S. Border Patrol agents that arrested 432 undocumented immigrants but also swept up hundreds of legal immigrants and U.S. citizens of Hispanic descent. Chandler paid $400,000 to settle a $35 million civil-rights lawsuit. Federal investigators concluded that Border Patrol agents had not documented basic information about the people they detained, and that they had conducted the sweep in poorer parts of the city.

    In 2001, 11 motorists sued the state Department of Public Safety, accusing officers in northern Arizona of targeting minority drivers for traffic stops and searches.

    The Republic writes: "The suit was dismissed, appealed and ultimately settled, with the stipulation that DPS launch a data-collection campaign that included information on every stop officers made, including the reason for the stop, characteristics of the driver and vehicle, and the stop's date, time and location. The agency later agreed to give the information to an outside team to evaluate.""

    In Arizona, 2 big racial-profiling cases changed policing



    I'm not sure what you think this proves. If you're trying to argue that people in the US illegally aren't afforded Bill of Rights protections, you're wrong, and pretty much every case ever on this issue will demonstrate as much.
    Creating the database requires the officers to profile who they stop.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #125
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Creating the database requires the officers to profile who they stop.
    Funny. (I'm assuming that was intended entirely as a joke and not an actual argument).

  6. #126
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Not so much. Two of the bigger cases in Arizona in the last 20 years tend to confirm that:

    "The first case, in 1997, involved a joint operation between Chandler police and U.S. Border Patrol agents that arrested 432 undocumented immigrants but also swept up hundreds of legal immigrants and U.S. citizens of Hispanic descent. Chandler paid $400,000 to settle a $35 million civil-rights lawsuit. Federal investigators concluded that Border Patrol agents had not documented basic information about the people they detained, and that they had conducted the sweep in poorer parts of the city.

    In 2001, 11 motorists sued the state Department of Public Safety, accusing officers in northern Arizona of targeting minority drivers for traffic stops and searches.

    The Republic writes: "The suit was dismissed, appealed and ultimately settled, with the stipulation that DPS launch a data-collection campaign that included information on every stop officers made, including the reason for the stop, characteristics of the driver and vehicle, and the stop's date, time and location. The agency later agreed to give the information to an outside team to evaluate.""

    In Arizona, 2 big racial-profiling cases changed policing
    So what, who cares what unreasonable judges think.


    I'm not sure what you think this proves. If you're trying to argue that people in the US illegally aren't afforded Bill of Rights protections, you're wrong, and pretty much every case ever on this issue will demonstrate as much.
    It means that illegals aren't subject to any juristiction, they are outside the law.

  7. #127
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    So what, who cares what unreasonable judges think.
    Right. So... you've got nothing. Thanks for playing. Try again when you can back up your assertion with precedent.



    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    It means that illegals aren't subject to any juristiction, they are outside the law.
    So I was right. You are making the entirely specious argument that people entering the country illegally aren't entitled to the protections of the Constitution. I'm assuming you can back this up with actual evidence? Caselaw, perhaps?

  8. #128
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Right. So... you've got nothing. Thanks for playing. Try again when you can back up your assertion with precedent.
    Wow, you're unreasonable too. All globalists are unreasonable.




    So I was right. You are making the entirely specious argument that people entering the country illegally aren't entitled to the protections of the Constitution. I'm assuming you can back this up with actual evidence? Caselaw, perhaps?
    The American Constitution is for American citizens.

    What you globalist propose is as lame as some Chinese citizen suing the Chinese government for violating their Right to Bear Arms cause it's in the US Constitution.

  9. #129
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Wow, you're unreasonable too. All globalists are unreasonable.
    I imagine calling me a globalist (whatever the hell that is) is a slur from your perspective, so... shame on you for insulting me? I guess?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    The American Constitution is for American citizens.
    Again: Surely you have some kind of evidence to back up this claim. It cannot possibly be the case that you're just talking entirely out of your ass... right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    What you globalist propose is as lame as some Chinese citizen suing the Chinese government for violating their Right to Bear Arms cause it's in the US Constitution.
    Based on that reasoning, I'm assuming that you also believe a US citizen in China is subject exclusively to US law?

  10. #130
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Arpaio Faces a New Sheriff in Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I imagine calling me a globalist (whatever the hell that is) is a slur from your perspective, so... shame on you for insulting me? I guess?
    'What the hell' globalism is is open borders and free trade.



    Again: Surely you have some kind of evidence to back up this claim. It cannot possibly be the case that you're just talking entirely out of your ass... right?

    Based on that reasoning, I'm assuming that you also believe a US citizen in China is subject exclusively to US law?
    Based on that reasoning a United States citizen cannot demand Chinese rights and privileges that are exclusive to Chinese nationals in China.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •