Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 315

Thread: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

  1. #101
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How dare they in a country founded on Judeo-Christian principle.


    j-mac
    Enlightenment values, not Judeo-Christian principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG!!!! Get the child psychiatrist....You must have been scared for at least 3 minutes...


    j-mac
    Do you have anything relevant to say or are you just here to ridicule those who disagree with you?

  3. #103
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG!!!! Get the child psychiatrist....You must have been scared for at least 3 minutes...


    j-mac
    Not scared, just annoyed. You know, that feeling when someone does something that you don't like. The feeling you get when you find out that people dare disagree with your almighty opinion.
    Last edited by MadLib; 05-12-12 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  4. #104
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,045

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Why do extremist whack job atheists continue to files these lawsuits that in the long run cost tax payers money fighting these extremist whack job atheists? There is nothing in the constitution that says you can put up religious decorations on public property.
    Isnt it obvious? Because extremist whack job Theists keep stupidly giving them ammo.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I think that, with separation of church and state, our forefathers also had another idea in mind.... Freedom FROM religion.
    In fact that is not so.

  6. #106
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    just read james madisons words on the first amendment.seperation of church and state started with jefferson 11 years after the first amendment,and holds no value since jefferson didnt write the first amendment,madison was the godfather of that one.


    madison himself later on used the words seperation of church and state,decades after he wrote the first amendment.from his own words and his own actions,nothing suggests freedom from religion,rather he had a beef with government having any involvement in religion,whether iit was supporting or against.while he was president he vetoed everything involving anything religious.

    people foam at the mouth over stupid things while not realizing there are many laws on the books over religious values,but people would rather foam at the mouth over a posting of the ten comandments,and call it forced indoctrination,while it is simply not.however it is not any position of the government to promote or deny religion.individuals working for the government would be in the right to have religious sybols within their person or on their personal property.the government however can not do such as they can make no law respecting religion.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #107
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,045

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    just read james madisons words on the first amendment.seperation of church and state started with jefferson 11 years after the first amendment,and holds no value since jefferson didnt write the first amendment,madison was the godfather of that one.


    madison himself later on used the words seperation of church and state,decades after he wrote the first amendment.from his own words and his own actions,nothing suggests freedom from religion,rather he had a beef with government having any involvement in religion,whether iit was supporting or against.while he was president he vetoed everything involving anything religious.

    people foam at the mouth over stupid things while not realizing there are many laws on the books over religious values,but people would rather foam at the mouth over a posting of the ten comandments,and call it forced indoctrination,while it is simply not.however it is not any position of the government to promote or deny religion.individuals working for the government would be in the right to have religious sybols within their person or on their personal property.the government however can not do such as they can make no law respecting religion.
    The point of the separation of church and state is to keep both separate. And through the First Amendment we make sure the Government does not dictate to us what religion to believe in etc. With a system set up to disallow the Government from interfering officially with religion by effect we also have made it where religion cannot have an effect on the Government. Obviously we have failed at this task through out American history. But none the less the Government by law has no place in religion and religion has no place in the Government.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Enlightenment values, not Judeo-Christian principle.
    Where do you suppose that enlightenment came from?

    This is the sort of thing that happens when children are not taught their heritage in schools.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Not scared, just annoyed. You know, that feeling when someone does something that you don't like. The feeling you get when you find out that people dare disagree with your almighty opinion.
    Why does the sight of the 10 Commandments annoy you? I'm not religious but they don;t annoy me anymore than a Christmas tree does.

    Perhaps you. like many others. need some anti-sensitivity training. Their is far too much annoyances occurring over rather petty little things.

  10. #110
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Cut Ten Commandments down to 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    The point of the separation of church and state is to keep both separate. And through the First Amendment we make sure the Government does not dictate to us what religion to believe in etc. With a system set up to disallow the Government from interfering officially with religion by effect we also have made it where religion cannot have an effect on the Government. Obviously we have failed at this task through out American history. But none the less the Government by law has no place in religion and religion has no place in the Government.
    the religion portion was made because in nearly every country priorto the us,either the govt ran the church,or the church ran the govt.look at the middle ages,the catholic church had more power than kings did,all the church had todo was excommunicate a king and no one would obey thatking.

    the founding fathers dabbled with the idea of abolishing religion,and came to the conclusion that the cure was worse than the disease,as freedom of religion was required for a free state,despite the fact religion and other factors created an obstacle.the federalist papers refers to religions as factions,as groups them with other factions.

    if people read the federalist papers no.10 they would get a better understanding of the first amendment and the speration between church and government.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •