Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 287

Thread: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Here are the top ten states in STD's

    Rank Primary and secondary syphilis Chlamydia Gonorrhea
    1 Louisiana (16.8) Mississippi (802.7) Mississippi (246.4)
    2 Georgia (9.8) Alaska (752.7) Louisiana (204.0)
    3 Arkansas (9.6) Louisiana (626.4) South Carolina (185.7)
    4 Alabama (8.9) South Carolina (595.0) Alabama (160.8)
    5 Mississippi (8.1) Alabama (556.2) Arkansas (156.2)
    6 Texas (6.8) Delaware (540.4) Illinois (154.7)
    7 Tennessee (6.5) Arkansas (502.7) North Carolina (150.4)
    8 North Carolina (6.3) New Mexico (478.4) Michigan (147.0)
    9 New York (6.1) Tennessee (478.1) Alaska (144.3)
    10 Illinois (5.8) New York (472.4) Georgia (141.3)





    CDC finds stark regional disparities in teen-pregnancy rates - The Hill's Healthwatch

    You will notice the states that are red dominate the statistics. When you try and teach abstinence only it seems to be a problem. It does not work because people do not practice this method and need to be taught sex education.
    None of this substantiates your claim that "The big problem is they (conservatives) believe abstinence will be practiced".

    In fact abstinence is just one of the options, and the only definite way, to avoid STD. And in fact abstinence is being practiced by some young people.

    It would be untrue and unfair to make the claim that "the big problem is that Leftists believe condoms will eliminate STD or teenage pregnancy".

    The hyperbole and untrue declarative statements from liberals frequently ruins legitimate debate.
    Last edited by Grant; 05-13-12 at 12:59 AM.

  2. #272
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    None of this substantiates your claim that "The big problem is they (conservatives) believe abstinence will be practiced".

    In fact abstinence is just one of the options, and the only definite way, to avoid STD. And in fact abstinence is being practiced by some young people.

    It would be untrue and unfair to make the claim that "the big problem is that Leftists believe condoms will eliminate STD or teenage pregnancy".

    The hyperbole and untrue declarative statements from liberals frequently ruins legitimate debate.
    No one claimed anything. I expressed an opinion and if you took it for more than that you are an idiot. First you ask for a link for my opinion which is pretty stupid.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    No one claimed anything. I expressed an opinion and if you took it for more than that you are an idiot. First you ask for a link for my opinion which is pretty stupid.
    So you have no facts to support your opinion, huh?

    Actually I already knew that, and suspect that's the case with all your opinions.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    None of this substantiates your claim that "The big problem is they (conservatives) believe abstinence will be practiced".

    In fact abstinence is just one of the options, and the only definite way, to avoid STD. And in fact abstinence is being practiced by some young people.

    It would be untrue and unfair to make the claim that "the big problem is that Leftists believe condoms will eliminate STD or teenage pregnancy".

    The hyperbole and untrue declarative statements from liberals frequently ruins legitimate debate.
    The problem with your hyperbolic fallacious logic is that the Left will pass legislation to teach all forms of safe sex including abstinence in public schools because they know from the many studies and statistics that it works. Whereas the Right keep trying to pass legislation banning all forms of safe sex education, except abstinence which has been proven not to work as evidenced by Katies list of STD stats in the red states. So either conservatives believe that only abstinence works at preventing STDs and unwanted pregnancies like Katie said, or they are absolutely clueless about the real world and incapable of a rational debate on the subject because of their erroneous beliefs.

  5. #275
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you have no facts to support your opinion, huh?

    Actually I already knew that, and suspect that's the case with all your opinions.
    Researchers Find that Abstinence-Only Sex Education Does Not, In Fact, Promote Abstinence

    Sex Education: Does Abstinence-Only Education Really Work? (VIDEO)

    Abstinence-Only Sex Education Statistics – Final Nail in the Coffin

    There you go I did do some Googling for you. Idiots who want links to opinion need help so I started for you. Abstinence only education does not and will not do the job.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    There you go I did do some Googling for you. Idiots who want links to opinion need help so I started for you. Abstinence only education does not and will not do the job.
    This is what a said just a few posts earlier.

    "In fact abstinence is just one of the options, and the only definite way, to avoid STD. And in fact abstinence is being practiced by some young people".

    So nowhere did i say that "Abstinence only education does not and will not do the job".

    Reading comprehension has indeed become a serious problem in American public schools. They should all be privatized.

  7. #277
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    This is a long thread so I haven't read all the posts. Has anyone pointed out that Obama said he personally thought gay people should marry but also that this should be an issue for the states?
    Last edited by X Factor; 05-14-12 at 02:41 AM.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    This is a long thread so I haven't read all the posts. Has anyone pointed out that Obama said he personally thought gay people should marry but also that this should be an issue for the states?
    Yes and at great lengths. Which is why we are all waiting with baited breath for the two DOMA cases to get to the SCOTUS who will decide the constitutionality of the states anti-SSM laws sometime this year.

  9. #279
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And in fact abstinence is being practiced by some young people.
    Did you know that abstinence is practiced by every one of us? Up and until we have sex?

    Abstenence is fine. Not knowing about sex and sex ed is not fine. Any reliable stats out there showing that teaching abstenence only actually decreases the % of teens actually having sex and not just denying that they are?
    Last edited by poweRob; 05-14-12 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #280
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Obama Declares Support For Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Here are the top ten states in STD's

    Rank Primary and secondary syphilis Chlamydia Gonorrhea
    1 Louisiana (16.8) Mississippi (802.7) Mississippi (246.4)
    2 Georgia (9.8) Alaska (752.7) Louisiana (204.0)
    3 Arkansas (9.6) Louisiana (626.4) South Carolina (185.7)
    4 Alabama (8.9) South Carolina (595.0) Alabama (160.8)
    5 Mississippi (8.1) Alabama (556.2) Arkansas (156.2)
    6 Texas (6.8) Delaware (540.4) Illinois (154.7)
    7 Tennessee (6.5) Arkansas (502.7) North Carolina (150.4)
    8 North Carolina (6.3) New Mexico (478.4) Michigan (147.0)
    9 New York (6.1) Tennessee (478.1) Alaska (144.3)
    10 Illinois (5.8) New York (472.4) Georgia (141.3)





    CDC finds stark regional disparities in teen-pregnancy rates - The Hill's Healthwatch

    You will notice the states that are red dominate the statistics. When you try and teach abstinence only it seems to be a problem. It does not work because people do not practice this method and need to be taught sex education.

    I grew up in Baptist country.... Abstinence, while it should be encouraged, doesn't work...those little wholesome girls weren't all that wholesome....and interestingly enough, I knew far more Bisexual women down there than I do up here in my "godless liberal "state.

    Anyway, if parents prefer abstinence be taught, then they can teach that to their kids....perhaps Sex ED should be an elective course.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •