Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law - chicagotribune.com
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    A federal appeals court in Chicago ruled today that Illinois’ eavesdropping law “likely violates” the First Amendment and ordered that authorities be banned from enforcing it.

    The ruling from the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Chicago is the strongest blow yet to the law, which is one of the strictest in the country and makes it illegal for people to audio record police officers in public without their consent.
    It's an absurd law, clearly unconstitutional and nothing more than heavy handed government aimed at silencing the People.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's an absurd law, clearly unconstitutional and nothing more than heavy handed government aimed at silencing the People.
    Yea no kidding, huh? They can record us but we can't record them? WTF?

  4. #4
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's an absurd law, clearly unconstitutional and nothing more than heavy handed government aimed at silencing the People.
    To me this is so blindingly obvious to the point that, as far as I'm concerned, anybody who passed this and/or upheld this and/or enforced this is guilty of knowingly violating their oath to uphold the Constitution and they should be immediately removed from their position.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    To me this is so blindingly obvious to the point that, as far as I'm concerned, anybody who passed this and/or upheld this and/or enforced this is guilty of knowingly violating their oath to uphold the Constitution and they should be immediately removed from their position.
    This is also a reason why I will continue to maintain that one should never...and the Rock means NEVER, trust a Chicago politician. Crooked ass mother****ers looking to take as much as they can and silence you as best they can so they can't get in trouble.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #6
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law - chicagotribune.com

    This is good news.If law enforcement can record and listen in on you without your consent then private citizens should be able to do the same to law enforcement.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,735

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This is also a reason why I will continue to maintain that one should never...and the Rock means NEVER, trust a Chicago politician. Crooked ass mother****ers looking to take as much as they can and silence you as best they can so they can't get in trouble.
    Because all those other politicians are way better, right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because all those other politicians are way better, right?
    Relatively better, yes. But they're still politicians so I wouldn't trust them. It's just that you KNOW a Chicago politician is going to try their damndest to cheat and work the system.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Federal appeals court bans enforcement of Illinois eavesdropping law

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Relatively better, yes. But they're still politicians so I wouldn't trust them. It's just that you KNOW a Chicago politician is going to try their damndest to cheat and work the system.
    I grew up and lived most of my life in California, and have always considered it to be the most dysfunctional state government. I have now lived in the midwest for 6 years. Not Illinois, but an adjoining state. I have to say that the stuff I have learned about Illinois is mind-boggling.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •