Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

  1. #11
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    I can't be stopped...cows are delicious.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,716

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Fair and Balanced



    They didn't even read the paper did they?

    This, my right-wing friends, is your favorite news source. Flat-out fabricating a story to make environmental scientists look stupid. You are being straight-up lied to by your "most trusted" news source.

    Real news organizations fire reporters who write stuff like this.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-08-12 at 11:19 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Real news organizations fire reporters who write stuff as obvious as this.
    Fixed. Duplicity is fine in reporting, so long as it is done with tact and brilliance. Fox News is just too sensational about their deceptions.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    ... FOX News is a weird place.. on one hand they have figureheads who completely dismiss evolution. On the other they have articles about dinosaurs. How do you even reconcile the two? You cant have dinosaurs without evolution.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,716

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... FOX News is a weird place.. on one hand they have figureheads who completely dismiss evolution. On the other they have articles about dinosaurs. How do you even reconcile the two? You cant have dinosaurs without evolution.
    "God did it" can reconcile anything.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,716

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    The comments on this Fox News page are hilarious. These people literally just don't understand that the scientists never said this. One guy keeps obsessing over the fact that the headline says "may" in it, as if that makes it ok. As if its ok because they weren't being definitive. The problem isn't with the dinosaur farts causing extinction part, the problem is the "British scientists say" part, because British scientists did not, in fact, say that.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #17
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... FOX News is a weird place.. on one hand they have figureheads who completely dismiss evolution. On the other they have articles about dinosaurs. How do you even reconcile the two? You cant have dinosaurs without evolution.
    Yes you can. Jesus rode a dinosaur. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #18
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The comments on this Fox News page are hilarious. These people literally just don't understand that the scientists never said this. One guy keeps obsessing over the fact that the headline says "may" in it, as if that makes it ok. As if its ok because they weren't being definitive. The problem isn't with the dinosaur farts causing extinction part, the problem is the "British scientists say" part, because British scientists did not, in fact, say that.
    The point is, this is no more far-fetched or ridiculous than the bogus, trumped-up global warming theories that abound today. Why was it so much warmer 1000 years ago than it is today? There were no SUVS or farting dinosaurs then.

    The earth is or isn't warming because that is just what the earth does.

  9. #19
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,156

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Flatulent dinosaurs never went extinct, the more intelligent ones evolved into birds, and the rest are known as "Republicans"
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,716

    Re: Dinosaurs farted their way to extinction, British scientists say

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The point is, this is no more far-fetched or ridiculous than the bogus, trumped-up global warming theories that abound today. Why was it so much warmer 1000 years ago than it is today? There were no SUVS or farting dinosaurs then.

    The earth is or isn't warming because that is just what the earth does.
    No, bull****. Fox News is making up something ridiculous and attributing it to scientists. It's not comparable at all. AGW theory has a lot of evidence and research behind it. "Dinosaur farts caused their extinction" is entirely a fabrication of a single Fox News tech writer. It's a lie, straight up, and here you are trying to defend being lied to.

    Why was it warmer 1000 years ago than today? Well, first of all, it wasn't. People give you that idea by showing you a temperature chart with a prominent hump labeled "medieval warm period." There was a medieval warm period, but globally it wasn't as pronounced as that chart would make you think. Current global average temperatures are higher than the global average back then. The graph they showed you was a regional temperature reconstruction.

    Next, are you under the impression that AGW theory indicates that only humans can affect climate? That only CO2 causes temperature changes? Because that's idiotic. There are numerous variables involved, all of which get extensive research. To make this statement of yours means you're either ignorant of those other variables or you are deliberately ignoring their discussion.

    "Just what the Earth does." What, like it's magic? Magic makes the Earth change temperature? Or would you say that, perhaps, there is a measurable physical mechanism for those temperature changes? If so, what makes you think this hasn't occurred to climatologists?

    Why would there even be a field of paleoclimatology if scientists thought only SUVs caused temperature changes? When something in a scientific field you have no knowledge of sounds ridiculous, you should consider the possibility that you don't properly grasp what they're trying to explain to you.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-09-12 at 02:17 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •