Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99

Thread: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

  1. #21
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    He's commenting in a thread about Murdoch. Who do you think he was talking about?
    The people that want to pull his broadcast license.

    It really shouldn't be that hard to follow.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #22
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    As I said, if that were the case, most broadcasters would no longer have a license. It is amazing this is not the path that partisans have previously used to try to shut down speech.
    His organization was tapping the phones of UK citizens, Members of Parliament, the Royal Family. The corruption went right to the top editors, to his son. For years Murdoch moved members of his former staff into positions within the London Police which helped in the cover-up of the tapping. It was all done to feed his UK tabloid empire with gossip and to extend his political influence with the threat of smear. Murdoch loved the tabloids, the gossip game, he started his empire with those seed businesses, now it might be his end.

    He did it to himself, your argument is that it was done to him......that is not how it is.


    Murdoch’s Scandal | FRONTLINE | PBS
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    your argument is that it was done to him......
    You've got to be a freaking magician to come up with that as what I was saying. Good grief.

    I wonder if you get as upset when the government does the same things you say he did, and you know damn well they do. The president was just saying recently it should be easier to get information from the phone companies... man, he makes the previous president look like a child when it comes to invasion of privacy of public citizens.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #24
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Have they arrested Murdoch, his son, or shut down Fox? I didn't think so.


    Talk amongst yourselves.
    Murdoch's red headed girl friend was arrested. Murdoch's boy has quit, the investigations are still going on, and Fox News is next: count on it.
    Last edited by jet57; 05-05-12 at 02:17 PM.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  5. #25
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Do you try to push everything off topic with non-related comments, or just this topic?
    Eh? It is highly relevant to the comment I was commenting on...
    PeteEU

  6. #26
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    His organization was tapping the phones of UK citizens, Members of Parliament, the Royal Family. The corruption went right to the top editors, to his son. For years Murdoch moved members of his former staff into positions within the London Police which helped in the cover-up of the tapping. It was all done to feed his UK tabloid empire with gossip and to extend his political influence with the threat of smear. Murdoch loved the tabloids, the gossip game, he started his empire with those seed businesses, now it might be his end.

    He did it to himself, your argument is that it was done to him......that is not how it is.



    Murdoch’s Scandal | FRONTLINE | PBS
    I just watched the FRONTLINE show on him: excellent!!
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  7. #27
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Murdoch's red headed girl friend was arrested. Murdoch's boy has quit, the investigations are still going on, and Fox News is next: count on it.

    Fox News, in the US, will not be shut down.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You've got to be a freaking magician to come up with that as what I was saying. Good grief.

    I wonder if you get as upset when the government does the same things you say he did, and you know damn well they do. The president was just saying recently it should be easier to get information from the phone companies... man, he makes the previous president look like a child when it comes to invasion of privacy of public citizens.
    "I have really no direct counter to your points about Murdoch and the criminal activities of his media empire which is the cause of his downfall, so I am going to toss out some unrelated red herrings and straw to see if I can wiggle my way out of this embarrassing position I have put myself in......wha-wha-wha...."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Fox News, in the US, will not be shut down.
    Well, it just might cause some major reorganization since the criminal activities still being uncovered in the UK (and some over here) can have an impact on Newscorp in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #30
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Rupert Murdoch's Fox broadcast licences targeted by US ethics group

    So, Fox News has tapped phones huh?

    Funny, I didn't read that anywhere.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •