Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

  1. #81
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Oho. Spoke too soon.

    Now we know why the campaign asked him to lay low:
    NYT: Romney campaign overlooked Grenell’s controversial Twitter postings when they vetted him « Hot Air

  2. #82
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Oh so in his case just disregard everything he says. Got it.
    To be fair, isn't that what everyone does?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #83
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I wasn't responding to you, champ.
    That doesn't make your statement less wrong, Ace.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #84
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,568

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That doesn't make your statement less wrong, Ace.
    And what specifically in that quote of mine which was not responding to you was "wrong"?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #85
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    And what specifically in that quote of mine which was not responding to you was "wrong"?
    Specifically what is wrong is your suggestion that the guy decided to take a powder for no reason, as opposed to leaving the campaign because they were trying to hide him from the social conservatives.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #86
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,568

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Specifically what is wrong is your suggestion that the guy decided to take a powder for no reason
    Oh, well, if I had suggested that, you might possibly be right. But the gene you have which forces you to constantly misrepresent what people say is in full force.

    You would think that after being called on it so many times by so many people, you'd take better care not to do it, but that's just it -- you apparently don't care. You do it intentionally, or you do it with a reckless disregard for the truth, which as you know is functionally the same thing.

    Either way, you are an exceedingly dishonest person. Of course, this is not new, and is well-trodden ground.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #87
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, well, if I had suggested that, you might possibly be right. But the gene you have which forces you to constantly misrepresent what people say is in full force.

    You would think that after being called on it so many times by so many people, you'd take better care not to do it, but that's just it -- you apparently don't care. You do it intentionally, or you do it with a reckless disregard for the truth, which as you know is functionally the same thing.

    Either way, you are an exceedingly dishonest person. Of course, this is not new, and is well-trodden ground.
    Oddly, the very people who claim that I mistate their positions are the people who serially lie about what they've claimed and what I've claimed -- and you're at the top of the class.

    "So 1) it wasn't about him "being gay"; 2) it's a HUGE stretch to say he was "forced" out by anyone, and 3) the biggest ruckus about him came from the left."
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #88
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,568

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Oddly, the very people who claim that I mistate their positions are the people who serially lie about what they've claimed and what I've claimed -- and you're at the top of the class.

    "So 1) it wasn't about him "being gay"; 2) it's a HUGE stretch to say he was "forced" out by anyone, and 3) the biggest ruckus about him came from the left."
    Oh, well, you just did it again, slugger.

    "It's a huge stretch to say he was forced out by anyone" does not in any way, shape, or form equal "he took a powder for no reason."

    Self-ownage. You has it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #89
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, well, you just did it again, slugger.

    "It's a huge stretch to say he was forced out by anyone" does not in any way, shape, or form equal "he took a powder for no reason."

    Self-ownage. You has it.
    Come on now, Sport. No one is amused or fooled by your stupid game of intentional obtuseness. Most people with a functioning brain stem can recognize hyperbole and focus on the real issue and not manufactured bull****. You claim that there's little or no evidence to suggest he was forced out. The evidence disagrees with you.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #90
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,568

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Come on now, Sport. No one is amused or fooled by your stupid game of intentional obtuseness. Most people with a functioning brain stem can recognize hyperbole and focus on the real issue and not manufactured bull****. You claim that there's little or no evidence to suggest he was forced out. The evidence disagrees with you.
    I claimed nothing of the sort. What I actually did say, I supported.

    Really, what's wrong with you?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •