Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 118

Thread: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

  1. #101
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,143

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Oh Shut Up. Im seeing liberals do the same thing in this thread, dont see you calling them out. Get a new set of standards yours are left biased.

    At least Im honest enough to say I dont know the whole story, wish everyone else were doing the same and posting something or anything to support their ideas. We might *gasp* all learn something.
    but for harshaw to insist our bases are wrong, he must then know the actual circumstances explaining why romney's new, gay spokesmodel is no longer in that position. it is harshaw's factual information i am seeking
    don't expect it, but i am still seeking it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #102
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    So say you. Im not buying that however. Considering he had to go and erase some 800 messages, it sounds as though it was a factor.
    He erased 800 messages because he erased all his messages.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #103
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    For ****'s sake, it's not like your quote isn't right there for everyone to see!
    Yeah, for everyone to see that I didn't say what you claim I did.

    You know, maybe you actually DON'T understand what you do.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #104
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you insist our explanations for his departure from his new job as spokesmodel for romney are wrong
    yet you refuse to tell us what caused his exit
    how can you assert that anyone's account is in error when you have no idea what prompted his exit?
    You can keep droning on and an say the same things over and over, but the response will always be the same.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #105
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    The same way all the liberals are insisting it was the socons that forced him out. Assumption.
    No, I didn't assume anything. I never claimed to know why he stepped down. I said only that the one person cited in the WaPo article for the "conservative backlash" said specifically, in the blog post offered BY the WaPo, that his objection wasn't to the guy being gay. This is in plain black and white. It also doesn't require me to offer an alternate explanation. If a car is upside down in a ditch, and its tires are intact, and I say "well, this didn't happen because of a blowout," that's true even if I can't say what caused it.

    AdamT and justabubba have to make things up about what I said, for reasons which are their own.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #106
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Can you prove this? The article stated he'd worked for various Repubs ,made some twitter remarks about various Demo women, had some opposition from Christian conservatives and you've chosen to go with "conservatives" as the reason.

    It doesn't seem to me, by the article, that Romney or Bush, he had worked for both, were surprised because they all knew he was gay. It wasn't like this he was "John NewGuy" in the Repub Party.
    The Times article (and others?) noted that he stepped down because he was furious over being gagged during an important conference call. Sources inside the Romney campaign indicated that he was muzzled because they didn't want to stir up the social conservative bees nest that was buzzing over his hiring. Can't have a loose gay cannon on the Republican decks (to wildly mix my metaphors), can you?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #107
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The Times article (and others?) noted that he stepped down because he was furious over being gagged during an important conference call. Sources inside the Romney campaign indicated that he was muzzled because they didn't want to stir up the social conservative bees nest that was buzzing over his hiring. Can't have a loose gay cannon on the Republican decks, can you?


    Okay I didn't read that article. I was going with the OP. Seems to me he'd been on the team for quite sometime (10+years) and this wasn't his first rodeo. Maybe it built up over all those years. Although I'm leaning towards his "catty" emails coming to light, but am open.

    Do you have a link to the article saying he "stepped down" because of being gay? Thanks.

  8. #108
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Do you have a link to the article saying he "stepped down" because of being gay? Thanks.
    Obviously no one in the Romney camp is going to say that for attribution, but it's seems pretty clear from the circumstances. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/us...ewanted=1&_r=1
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #109
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Obviously no one in the Romney camp is going to say that for attribution, but it's seems pretty clear from the circumstances. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/us...ewanted=1&_r=1

    Okay this IMO sums up the dust up:

    "his testy relationship with the news media and his acerbic Twitter postings on everything from Rachel Maddow’s femininity to how Callista Gingrich “snaps on” her hair.

    From Mr. Grenell’s hiring three weeks ago, which prompted an outcry from some Christian conservatives, it became clear that the appointment of the former Bush administration official with pristine Republican credentials had become entangled in the unforgiving churn of election-year politics, leading to his resignation . . ."



    Sounds like there was a lot more in play than his being gay. Like I said . . . . he wasn't "John NewGuy" in the Repub Party. Since there is a well established gay Repub group, which all Repubs know about, IMO, it's more about his "tweets" than his gayness.

  10. #110
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Gay Romney aide steps down, citing backlash over sexuality - The Washington Post

    As much as I dislike his views its still a damn shame he has to step down just because he is gay... I wish we could get over this issue in our country already..

    Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Response? [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    This whole incident is really disturbing. Romney had the choice of doing the right thing: standing up for a valued staff member. He choose to backstab him and sacrifice him to the radicals within his own party.

    I ask you a simple question:

    If Romney cannot stand up for his own campaign staff, how can we expect him to stand up for everyone else in this nation?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •