Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 328

Thread: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

  1. #261
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    I think he's saying learn how to take a ****ing joke.
    I understand that trolling is an attempt to disrupt a thread, and that trolls become upset when it does not work as intended.

    Which makes it interesting that you defend such a post. Why not leave it alone? Are you upset as well?

  2. #262
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The OWS aren't destroying property? You're not paying attention. [...]
    Au contraire... I'm sitting right here watching you, and others, make stuff up as well as make sweeping generalizations that are not supported by the facts (which is why none are ever offered)

  3. #263
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,681

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Au contraire... I'm sitting right here watching you, and others, make stuff up as well as make sweeping generalizations that are not supported by the facts (which is why none are ever offered) :mrgre:



    ‘Black Bloc’ protesters ignite violence at Seattle May Day protest | The Raw Story
    Occupy Wall Street New York Black Bloc Violence on Starbucks*|*Cloward and Piven Strategy






    Philly May Day protest events, violence and disorderly conduct leads to arrests - Philadelphia County Libertarian | Examiner.com



    Occupy Wall Street



    Photos: Anarchist Rioters Trash Downtown, Police Hit Back: Gothamist




    Lovely:



    I know, she must be a plant "with a badge"....










    All must be done by plants, eh?


    shall I continue?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #264
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,681

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle




    One more item, could the ows/blac bloc supporters, tell me of the name of the incendiary devices employed by this police department as you can see something ablaze in this picture. I am just curious what sort of firebombs, the police employ in their tactics.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    LOL Yeah those right wing lunatics have turned their backs on him. Oh wait.
    You feel that the OWS protesters are "right wing lunatics"?

    What is your point here?

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We did when we revolted against the British. The tactics we used are what's been improved upon and used today by an entrenched indigenous people fighting foreign invaders. I suggest taking some history classes.
    History did not begin with the establishment of the United States. The methods you describe have been used for centuries, all over the world.

    He's a Republocrat and well tied in with all the richers. It's not going to change under him. Well maybe some off chance only because none of us actually know what Romney stands for since he lies and flip flops a lot.
    But you are aware that Brack Obama is closely associated with crony capitalism and if the OWSers are raging against the government, and they understand that the face of that government is Brack Obama and the Democrats, correct? You do know that Wall Street is in a democratic stronghold and that the Governor is a Democrat also?

    What do you want to know about Mitt Romney's position on crony capitalism? Do you feel there would be the same ties between corporate America, big business and the White House that there is under the present crony-in-chief, Brack Obama?

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Au contraire... I'm sitting right here watching you, and others, make stuff up as well as make sweeping generalizations that are not supported by the facts (which is why none are ever offered)
    Douglas Schoen: Polling the Occupy Wall Street Crowd - WSJ.com

  8. #268
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Today is a day full of nice articles. Thanks.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham, replying to Karl View Post
    I'm saying you apparently don't know the meaning of sarcasm to make a point. You didn't answer the question...
    You previously insinuated that you were not trying to make an argument.

    Now you indicate that you were trying to make a point.

    Which is it?

    And if you were trying to communicate some cognizant thought, idea, or concept -- what was it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham, replying to Karl, previously View Post
    What in my prior posts about puppies and kittens would lead any reasonable person to think I'm making an argument? Are you in the picture?

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: May Day protests turn violent in downtown Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Au contraire... I'm sitting right here watching you, and others, make stuff up as well as make sweeping generalizations that are not supported by the facts (which is why none are ever offered)
    Ok, so let's just assume for a moment that OWS and Black Bloc were not there working together.

    Why would you, as OWS, even put pictures of an organization like Black Bloc on your site and then tell people to dress as they do? (that's a general you and not specifically you).

    It's either OWS is turning violent or they are incredibly incompetant. What other reason would you put a violent organizations picture on your site and then say dress like that?

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •