Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #81
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but if her credentials were based on her status then you are wrong again

    would she have had all those teaching appointments purely on merit? I doubt it

    but the issue is her honesty and it appears to be lacking
    Again, you are about as lacking in objectivity as anyone I know. I don't think she's regarded as one of the country's foremost experts on bankruptcy because of her sex or heritage.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #82
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, you are about as lacking in objectivity as anyone I know. I don't think she's regarded as one of the country's foremost experts on bankruptcy because of her sex or heritage.
    Warren is not a foremost expert in any serious circles. She's actually considered a running joke by most financial and economics circles, I have no idea where you get the idea she is respected.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #83
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Warren is not a foremost expert in any serious circles. She's actually considered a running joke by most financial and economics circles, I have no idea where you get the idea she is respected.
    She is considered one of the foremost experts on bankruptcy law, having authored numerous law review articles in prestiguous journals, as well as several case books on the subject.

    Selected articles Warren, E. (1987). "Bankruptcy Policy". The University of Chicago Law Review 54 (3): 775–814. JSTOR 1599826.
    Warren, E. (1992). "The Untenable Case for Repeal of Chapter 11". The Yale Law Journal 102 (2): 437–479. JSTOR 796843.
    Warren, E. (1993). "Bankruptcy Policymaking in an Imperfect World". Michigan Law Review 92 (2): 336–387. JSTOR 1289668.
    "Principled Approach to Consumer Bankruptcy". American Bankruptcy Law Journal 71: 483. 1997.
    "The Bankruptcy Crisis". Indiana Law Journal 73 (4): 1079. Fall 1998.
    Warren, Elizabeth; Westbrook, Jay Lawrence (January 2000). "Financial Characteristics of Businesses in Bankruptcy". SSRN Electronic Journal 73: 499. doi:10.2139/ssrn.194750.
    Himmelstein, DU; Warren, E; Thorne, D; Woolhandler, S (2005). "Illness and injury as contributors to bankruptcy". Health affairs (Project Hope) Suppl Web Exclusives: W5–63–W5–73. doi:10.1377/hlthaff.w5.63. PMID 15689369.
    "The Vanishing Middle Class". In Edwards, John, ed. (2007). Ending Poverty in America: How to Restore the American Dream. The New Press. ISBN 978-1-59558-176-1.
    Himmelstein, David U.; Warren, Elizabeth; Thorne, Deborah; Woolhandler, Steffie J. (2005). "Illness and Injury as Contributors to Bankruptcy". SSRN Electronic Journal. doi:10.2139/ssrn.664565.
    Himmelstein, DU; Thorne, D; Warren, E; Woolhandler, S (2009). "Medical bankruptcy in the United States, 2007: Results of a national study". The American journal of medicine 122 (8): 741–6. doi:10.1016/j.amjmed.2009.04.012. PMID 19501347.
    Books As We Forgive Our Debtors: Bankruptcy and Consumer Credit in America. Oxford University Press. 1989. ISBN 978-0-19-505578-8. (with Teresa A. Sullivan and Jay Westbrook)
    The Fragile Middle Class: Americans in Debt. Yale University Press. 2001. ISBN 978-0-300-09171-7. (with Teresa A. Sullivan and Jay Westbrook)
    The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Parents are Going Broke. Basic Books. 2004. ISBN 978-0-465-09090-7. (with Amelia Warren Tyagi)
    All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan. Simon and Schuster. 2006. ISBN 978-0-7432-6988-9. (with Amelia Warren Tyagi)
    Casenote Legal Briefs: Commercial Law. Aspen Publishers. 2006. ISBN 978-0-7355-5827-4. (with Lynn M. LoPucki, Daniel Keating, Ronald Mann, and Normal Goldenberg)
    The Law of Debtors and Creditors: Text, Cases, and Problems (6th ed.). Aspen Publishers. 2008. ISBN 978-0-7355-7626-1. (with Jay Westbrook)
    Chapter 11: Reorganizing American Businesses (Essentials). Aspen Publishers. 2008. ISBN 978-0-7355-7654-4.
    Chapter 11: Secured Credit: A Systems Approach. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business. 2008. ISBN 978735576490. (with Lynn M. LoPucki)
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #84
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    She is considered one of the foremost experts on bankruptcy law, having authored numerous law review articles in prestiguous journals, as well as several case books on the subject.
    Yes, in legal circles which tend to sway left she is celebrated. There are two sides to bankruptcy law and the fact is that a heavy proportion of the financial and economic side consider her a blithering idiot, so she isn't considered some kind of univesal genius here, and as a matter of fact most of the stuff I have read from her is complete garbage. But hey, if people like her that's their perogative.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #85
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yes, in legal circles which tend to sway left she is celebrated. There are two sides to bankruptcy law and the fact is that a heavy proportion of the financial and economic side consider her a blithering idiot, so she isn't considered some kind of univesal genius here, and as a matter of fact most of the stuff I have read from her is complete garbage. But hey, if people like her that's their perogative.
    She generally supprts consumer and bankruptcy rights, so of course the bloodsuckers don't like her.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #86
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,137

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yes, in legal circles which tend to sway left she is celebrated. There are two sides to bankruptcy law and the fact is that a heavy proportion of the financial and economic side consider her a blithering idiot, so she isn't considered some kind of univesal genius here, and as a matter of fact most of the stuff I have read from her is complete garbage. But hey, if people like her that's their perogative.
    show us some links offering the basis for the purported negative findings
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #87
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    She generally supprts consumer and bankruptcy rights, so of course the bloodsuckers don't like her.
    No, she generally supports her assertion of consumer and bankruptcy rights which when you break it down aren't rights at all, she is an advocate of doing an "end-around" to contract law, saying people who signed in good faith "didn't sign in good faith" it's as dishonest as it comes.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    show us some links offering the basis for the purported negative findings
    There were links and a discussion earlier about he massive errors in her bankruptcy - medical costs studies. The women is a darling of the socialists is all. That makes her an expert to the same folks that told us Obama was a Constitutional Law expert.

  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and what of others, born with a silver spoon up their asses, who attended ivy league schools based only on legacies and affluence
    i am guessing they sit around all day, on line, trashing those who have truly succeeded; exhibiting their transparent envy towards those who have actually accomplished great things based on their work effort and merit


    as usual, you speak of which you have no knowledge based on envy. The top students in my Ivy league class had a disproportionate number of "legacies" who were wealthy. The top student in my class was 6th or 7th Generation Yale, the number one in the class of 79 (a Rhodes scholar) was the daughter of one of Albany's top lawyers who had gone to Yale and Yale Law, and the number one in the Class of 80 (a suitemate-also a Rhodes) was also a Legacy.

    Your guessing needs some work since it has no relations to reality.

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, you are about as lacking in objectivity as anyone I know. I don't think she's regarded as one of the country's foremost experts on bankruptcy because of her sex or heritage.
    remind me of all the time ons this board-of your almost 10,000 posts where you have been critical of the president you support or the party you work for

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •