Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #731
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    On the bright side, "Fauxcahontas" is pretty funny.

  2. #732
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    According to you, yes. According to her body of work, no. I'll be sure to take your opinions into deep consideration however, seeing as you've validated them quite thoroughly with some sterling personal insults in lieu of supporting evidence.
    Her body of work has been as anti-business and anti-libertarian as it comes. From a person claiming to "champion the people" she sure does try to cut off the people giving them the opportunities to earn a living. Do you think the attacks she lobs against those businesses happen in a vacuum?

    Is this supposed to be coherent? We'd all rather not having to fix her **** ups by getting rid of her sorry ass? Apparently you honed your finely refined debate skills on a middle school playground.
    Uh-huh. So you attack a couple of mistakes done because I'm in a hurry. Sorry I cannot be gramatically correct all the time, would you like to address the point with some kind of rebuttle or keep up the ad homs?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #733
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Her body of work has been as anti-business and anti-libertarian as it comes. From a person claiming to "champion the people" she sure does try to cut off the people giving them the opportunities to earn a living. Do you think the attacks she lobs against those businesses happen in a vacuum?

    Uh-huh. So you attack a couple of mistakes done because I'm in a hurry. Sorry I cannot be gramatically correct all the time,

    would you like to address the point with some kind of rebuttle or keep up the ad homs?
    Really? I haven't noticed any such occurrences, perhaps you could go into more detail.

    I wasn't attacking your grammatical errors, I was making light of your use of playground style slang in lieu of you know..actual substance.

    What point? I must have missed it.

  4. #734
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Really? I haven't noticed any such occurrences, perhaps you could go into more detail.

    I wasn't attacking your grammatical errors, I was making light of your use of playground style slang in lieu of you know..actual substance.

    What point? I must have missed it.
    It's going to take hours of work to fully explain the idiocy that is Warren and frankly I need to hit the gym. I will go ahead and do that later, hang tight.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #735
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    No. Just simple common sense and facts.
    If you support a liar and opportunist then you have thrown common sense out the window.

    Now what "facts" do you have that would support a liar who took advantage of a program designed for legitimate minorities?

  6. #736
    Advisor jpevans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    338

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago


    Ms.Warren has been the champian of working families & the bane of unscrupulous business people for years.
    This Native Heritage ginned up controversy, is just Wall St. champion Scott Brown's trying to Swiftboat her chances. It has worked to a degree, I believe she would be farther ahead without this jive ass story.


    In November 2008, Warren was tapped by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to chair the Congressional Oversight Panel, which was created to monitor the $700 billion bank bailout effort known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program. Warren headed investigations, conducted televised public hearings, led interviews of government officials and submitted monthly reports demanding accountability from banks. For her oversight efforts, The Boston Globe named Elizabeth ‘Bostonian of the Year’ in 2009.

    In July 2011, Warren helped design the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as part of the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation. The main goal of the CFPB was to police credit lenders and prevent consumers from unwittingly signing up for risky loans. But, due largely in part to Republican opposition, Warren was not chosen to head the agency. She stepped down from the post in August 2011, and in September 2011, President Obama appointed Warren as his special assistant
    Elizabeth Warren Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

    p.s. I am a Massachusetts voter.


    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's going to take hours of work to fully explain the idiocy that is Warren and frankly I need to hit the gym. I will go ahead and do that later, hang tight.
    Last edited by jpevans; 06-23-12 at 06:39 PM.

    I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

  7. #737
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,764

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post

    Ms.Warren has been the champian of working families & the bane of unscrupulous business people for years.
    This Native Heritage ginned up controversy, is just Wall St. champion Scott Brown's trying to Swiftboat her chances. It has worked to a degree, I believe she would be farther ahead without this jive ass story.


    In November 2008, Warren was tapped by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to chair the Congressional Oversight Panel, which was created to monitor the $700 billion bank bailout effort known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program. Warren headed investigations, conducted televised public hearings, led interviews of government officials and submitted monthly reports demanding accountability from banks. For her oversight efforts, The Boston Globe named Elizabeth ‘Bostonian of the Year’ in 2009.

    In July 2011, Warren helped design the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as part of the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation. The main goal of the CFPB was to police credit lenders and prevent consumers from unwittingly signing up for risky loans. But, due largely in part to Republican opposition, Warren was not chosen to head the agency. She stepped down from the post in August 2011, and in September 2011, President Obama appointed Warren as his special assistant
    Elizabeth Warren Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

    p.s. I am a Massachusetts voter.
    Yeah you sound like one.

    The problem with the quote is the context. The quote is being used as a justification to demonize, tax and regulate business into oblivion. Thats the problem, she believes government has not only the right to exact social justice but an obligation to do so. Government is not obligated to enact social justice, government is obligated to act within the constitution and the mandates of congress, no more, no less.

    Warren feels it should do something more and has a self righteous attitude about it, is that really the kind of person you want wielding power over your life? I sure dont, Id rather a public servant were humble and careful in all they do, than to be so full of their own ideas that those ideas become all that matters to them.

  8. #738
    Advisor jpevans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    338

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Yep, the state that didn't vote for Nixon!!!

    I suplied the link, if you wanted to read the whole thing!
    You are wrong, her proposals are aimed at regulating what a company can hide, eliminating small print surprises in contracts, things like that, it's aimed at protecting consumers from predatory practices. This is the reason that the Congressional R's won't vote to fund it. So in practice, although the Dodd-Frank reforms are in place, they have no teeth, for without a budgit it's nothing.
    & Dodd-Frank, like Warren are posion to the R's, although most have no understanding of either!

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Yeah you sound like one.

    The problem with the quote is the context. The quote is being used as a justification to demonize, tax and regulate business into oblivion. Thats the problem, she believes government has not only the right to exact social justice but an obligation to do so. Government is not obligated to enact social justice, government is obligated to act within the constitution and the mandates of congress, no more, no less.

    Warren feels it should do something more and has a self righteous attitude about it, is that really the kind of person you want wielding power over your life? I sure dont, Id rather a public servant were humble and careful in all they do, than to be so full of their own ideas that those ideas become all that matters to them.

    I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

  9. #739
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,764

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post
    Yep, the state that didn't vote for Nixon!!!

    I suplied the link, if you wanted to read the whole thing!
    You are wrong, her proposals are aimed at regulating what a company can hide, eliminating small print surprises in contracts, things like that, it's aimed at protecting consumers from predatory practices. This is the reason that the Congressional R's won't vote to fund it. So in practice, although the Dodd-Frank reforms are in place, they have no teeth, for without a budgit it's nothing.
    & Dodd-Frank, like Warren are posion to the R's, although most have no understanding of either!
    They dont want to fund it because its not subject to normal oversight. We have a President that has proven he doesnt want regular oversight. I can see why they would block such an agency from formation until they can change the bill to allow it to be under congressional control rather than almost purely Presidential control.

    Ive listened to several Warren speeches and she sounds just like Obama in demonizing business and then wondering where the jobs are at. Im actually FOR financial reform but not the reform that is in Dodd/Frank. Securitization shouldnt be sold as a derivative for one thing, places like Moody's are complicit in overevaluation. Default swaps are the same kettle of fish and should be tightly controlled. They are practically a license to steal.

    But fees and ATM stuff? Let the market do it. Every time government regulates something like that they create huge unintended consequences.

  10. #740
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,292

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post
    You are wrong, her proposals are aimed at regulating what a company can hide, eliminating small print surprises in contracts, things like that, it's aimed at protecting consumers from predatory practices.

    And yet nothing that I am aware of goes after such predatory lender such as title loans, check advances, and despicable schemes such as those perpetrated by the likes of Russel Simons, and now Montel Williams. Most of these target the poor, and minority population with interest rates as high as 397% APR.

    Wow, libs are so compassionate.

    This is the reason that the Congressional R's won't vote to fund it.
    No, it is an oversight issue, like in the very dishonest way that Obama appointed the head of the CFBP earlier this year.

    So in practice, although the Dodd-Frank reforms are in place, they have no teeth, for without a budgit it's nothing.
    Good, it's not good to enable un american practice.

    Dodd-Frank, like Warren are posion to the R's, although most have no understanding of either!
    Nah, we understand it, we just don't like it, nor do we subscribe to the anti success, social justice, marxist, BS plan that is the libs wet dream.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •