Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hey, how great would it be in the debate between Brown, and Warren to hear Brown after one of her TM pablum responses, like 'the rich only got that way through the expense of everyone else'...say, "Okay Pocahontis, what ever you say"


    heh, heh...


    j-mac
    Speaking of which, found this article today:

    White and wrong: On the reservation with Elizabeth Warren

    We all know about “undocumented workers.” Now we have Elizabeth Warren, the undocumented Indian.

    Funny thing, I think Ted Williams was one-fourth Mexican. He was white. Johnny Bench is one-eighth Indian. I always think of him as white. And then there’s Pochantas Warren, the blue-eyed, one-32nd Cherokee (or so we’re told) who went from the Southwest Conference to the Ivy League over the course of a decade in which she was claiming to be a “minority professor.”

    But once she’d parlayed the racial-spoils racket all the way to a tenured position at Harvard Law, she decided to ... pass, as they used to say in the old South. Once she’d reached the pinnacle of her trade, she ditched the fake-Indian routine. Maybe White Eyes Warren saw the smoke signals and figured out that someone was going to call her out on her ancestry. She was right.

    Still, all’s well that ends well. She has her $1.7 million wigwam in Cambridge. Greedy Wall Street lawyers slurp top-shelf firewater at her $1,000-a-head Manhattan fundraisers. Maybe someday she’ll even smokum peace pipe with Tim Geithner.

    More: White and wrong: On the reservation with Elizabeth Warren - BostonHerald.com
    The article does refer to her as "Pocahontas Warren" later in it.

    What a phoney clown she is.

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    I figured there had to be a reason why Harvard-that normally won't even hire JDs from Columbia, Cornell, Duke or Michigan as professors would hire someone from a third rate law school as a professor

  3. #63
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Schilling deserves to be insulted. He's an ass.
    Agreed, and his short stint in Boston doesn't make him an idol.

  4. #64
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    I am curious as to - at what point - Indians went from being a negative if they were in your family history to it being a cool postive . . . to the point of people making up percentile numbers like 1/32 - all to ignore the 31/32 white (or whatever)

    And at what point did it just begin to numberize things - people don't do that with anything other than Native American 'blood' - all for some financial support from the government or something? I don't quite get the history that's at play here.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #65
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I am curious as to - at what point - Indians went from being a negative if they were in your family history to it being a cool postive . . . to the point of people making up percentile numbers like 1/32 - all to ignore the 31/32 white (or whatever)

    And at what point did it just begin to numberize things - people don't do that with anything other than Native American 'blood' - all for some financial support from the government or something? I don't quite get the history that's at play here.
    In the Warren situation it's obvious. She didn't have the goods to make it without preferred status so she pulled the "I'm a __________ percent native american" card.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #66
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    In the Warren situation it's obvious. She didn't have the goods to make it without preferred status so she pulled the "I'm a __________ percent native american" card.
    She and bumble are poster children for affirmative action quotas

  7. #67
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    In the Warren situation it's obvious. She didn't have the goods to make it without preferred status so she pulled the "I'm a __________ percent native american" card.
    She had more accomplishments by the time she was 30 then you would accumulate in four lifetimes.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #68
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    She had more accomplishments by the time she was 30 then you would accumulate in four lifetimes.
    Actually, no she didn't. As TD pointed out she came from a tier 3 law school. That is the junior college of law, so you may go away now.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #69
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    She had more accomplishments by the time she was 30 then you would accumulate in four lifetimes.
    If those were based on affirmative action that is sort of like bragging some athlete has more gold medals than I do because he was a doper.

    She's an asshole pure and simple. You know as well as I do Harvard doesn't hire professors who received their JD's from third rate law schools. How many of your law professors went to schools ranked below Tulane?

  10. #70
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If those were based on affirmative action that is sort of like bragging some athlete has more gold medals than I do because he was a doper.

    She's an asshole pure and simple. You know as well as I do Harvard doesn't hire professors who received their JD's from third rate law schools. How many of your law professors went to schools ranked below Tulane?
    TD, you know facts are dirty things to use in an argument.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •