Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #671
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, that's the one. Note that the correction says that the article was incorrect in identifying the document; not that the document itself didn't exist. In any case, as I've said several times now, it's irrelevant whether Warren actually had Cherokee blood. The issue is whether she THOUGHT she did. The fact that her family newsletter was talking about the family's (purported) Cherokee heritage adds credibility to Warren't contention that the family thought it was true and passed it down through the generations.
    Noted...does any of the above jibber jabber represent the previously requested FACT(s)? Or is your argument now that 'she THOUGHT she did' so it must be a fact?...Really? If so you apparently are still having problems differentiating between FACT and OPINION...thanks

  2. #672
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Noted...does any of the above jibber jabber represent the previously requested FACT(s)? Or is your argument now that 'she THOUGHT she did' so it must be a fact?...Really? If so you apparently are still having problems differentiating between FACT and OPINION...thanks
    Why don't you reread my post; it's really not that complicated.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #673
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Why don't you reread my post; it's really not that complicated.
    Dickieboy THOUGHT your post was jibber jabber so you should accept it as fact.

  4. #674
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Dickieboy THOUGHT your post was jibber jabber so you should accept it as fact.
    I disagree that he thought it was jibber jabber. In fact, he just can't respond to it.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #675
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    You guys need a pow wow!

  6. #676
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I disagree that he thought it was jibber jabber. In fact, he just can't respond to it.
    Allow me to quote a fellow poster "Why don't you reread my post; it's really not that complicated." And while doing so note that I said it was 'jibber jabber'. BTW, still waiting on those facts...

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    You guys need a pow wow!
    Maybe cook up some of that pow wow chow and smokum peace pipe?

  7. #677
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Maybe cook up some of that pow wow chow and smokum peace pipe?
    Great! I'll bring the mayo and the Worcestershire sauce!

    But how does Woman With Forked Tongue feel about smoking in public?

  8. #678
    Advisor jpevans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    338

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago


    There is no substance to Scott Browns Swiftboating attempt against Ms. Warren. The actual substance is that he is the Darling of Wall Street & She has been sworn an enemy by the Big Money on the Street.
    That is part & parcel of this ginned up controversy. Brown = Business, Warren = people.
    Keep talking about it & your feeding Browns low information voters with a reason to hate their possible benefactor!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I disagree that he thought it was jibber jabber. In fact, he just can't respond to it.

    I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

  9. #679
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by jpevans View Post


    Keep talking about it & your feeding Browns low information voters with a reason to hate their possible benefactor!
    How can Woman Who Speaks With Forked Tongue possibly be the public's benefactor?

  10. #680
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How can Woman Who Speaks With Forked Tongue possibly be the public's benefactor?
    CONSISTENCY, Dude. You know how the 'people' are so resistent to change.

Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •