Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #621
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    where you fail is that those people didn't gain their power and wealth by pretending to be hostile to others being wealthy and powerful as Lieyawatha has
    The fail is all yours, TD. Objectivity is not something that is part of your nature. At least when it comes to politics.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  2. #622
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That makes no sense at all. I would never dream of taking what you or anybody else has. No matter if I live next door to you or 2,000 miles away.
    In liberal la-la land, the government takes it, and then redistributes it.

    Liberals dream of that every friggin day.

  3. #623
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The fail is all yours, TD. Objectivity is not something that is part of your nature. At least when it comes to politics.
    Ad hom is all you got, hockey puck.

  4. #624
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The fail is all yours, TD. Objectivity is not something that is part of your nature. At least when it comes to politics.
    yeah you lap up spouting bull's pandering to the middle class and you believe she is motivated by a desire to help the little people and you claim I am not objective

    LOL too funny

  5. #625
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,899

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    The problem is there seems to be conflicting evidence:

    Despite a nearly three week flap over her claim of "being Native American," the progressive consumer advocate has been unable to point to evidence of Native heritage except for a unsubstantiated thirdhand report that she might be 1/32 Cherokee.

    Politics - Garance Franke-Ruta - Is Elizabeth Warren Native American or What? - The Atlantic

    Now back to your challenge...present the FACTS...please

    Of course disregard if you indeed 'don't care'...remember YOU raised the challenge...
    So when evidence is presented there is a scurrying about to disregard it and go all conspiracy-nut where nothing will ever convince those who want controversy to allow anything to convince them that there actually isn't any controversy.

    It's birtherism all over again. It doesn't matter. Never did. Never will. And this too will fail as bad as it did with Orly Taitz.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-18-12 at 01:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #626
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So when evidence is presented there is a scurrying about to disregard it and go all conspiracy-nut where nothing will ever convince those who want controversy to allow anything to convince them that there actually isn't any controversy.

    It's birtherism all over again. It doesn't matter. Never did. Never will. And this too will fail as bad as it did with Orly Taitz.
    Sorry but I missed these 'facts' you were going to provide. Should I take the insults in the lines above to represent your best effort...thanks for that.

  7. #627
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,899

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Sorry but I missed these 'facts' you were going to provide. Should I take the insults in the lines above to represent your best effort...thanks for that.

    She claims family lore.


    "My mom and dad were deeply in love," Warren said in recent interview with The Associated Press. "My father wanted to marry my mother, his parents objected, because she was part-Cherokee and part-Delaware."


    Ok... From there we move from the "so ****in' what" phase into where the GOP is contending that she got preferential treatment for it in the hiring process of which two Ivy League schools flat out deny. This is the "but I want to hate her anyways" phase and thus how we've entered into the birther madness realm where policy doesn't matter because "when I hear the name Elizabeth Warren's name I immediately link it to decades old Cherokee claim so I don't care about policy"... coming full circle into the "idiot birther's" phase.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-18-12 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    She claims family lore.


    "My mom and dad were deeply in love," Warren said in recent interview with The Associated Press. "My father wanted to marry my mother, his parents objected, because she was part-Cherokee and part-Delaware."


    Ok... From there we move from the "so ****in' what" phase into where the GOP is contending that she got preferential treatment for it in the hiring process of which two Ivy League schools flat out deny. This is the "but I want to hate her anyways" phase and thus how we've entered into the birther madness realm where policy doesn't matter because "when I hear the name Elizabeth Warren's name I immediately link it to decades old Cherokee claim so I don't care about policy"... coming full circle into the "idiot birther's" phase.
    How terribly insightful!

  9. #629
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    How terribly insightful!
    And that's the second time you've been asked to show where she asked for or got preferential treatment, and the second time you've punted.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #630
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah you lap up spouting bull's pandering to the middle class and you believe she is motivated by a desire to help the little people and you claim I am not objective

    LOL too funny

    Yes, that is Elizabeth Warren. She is one of the few that really care. She's got special interest in a tizzy and that is why I am not surprised by her Swiftboating.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •