Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Thing is, this is awkwardly attacked in the first place. As I said, it's all weaksauce to the max... as evidenced by the fact that the attackers have resorted to name-calling and complete bull****ting just to hold onto such a ridiculous political offensive.
    Who is being derided on this thread? I am serious, but I suspect you might lack the grasp of the obvious. If you were serious about helping Dizzy Lizzie Warren, you would abandon this thread forthwith; but then I expect you might not have the cognitive powers.

  2. #482
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Am I to understand that no Cherokee families were resettled in Oklahoma?

    I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.. There are many Americans who have some indian ancestry.. which doesn't qualify them for "Affirmative Action".. but there is no cause to deny their heritage.

    When did you research her ancestry?
    I realise I'm late to the game on this thread, and don't wish to get in the middle of a fight, however, the Cherokee themselves are pissed at Warren for her baseless claim and have announced she does not belong to them. She initially made the assertion to gain benefit, advantage, in the her university application and subsequent academic, then political career. It was a false claim.

    When did she know? Doesn't matter, it's her behavior now that is sinking her. She knows she's not, so she should admit her error promptly and take her medicine. But she isn't doing that, she's falling back on lame excuses, delay and my favorite, "I feel Cherokee".

  3. #483
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    No other tribe was more homogenized by the anglo culture... so much so that Cherokee were farmers by and large and had adopted the practice of having black slaves too. They did everything that was told they had to do to assimilate but what it boiled down to was that gold and other rare minerals were found in the lower Appalachia so they had to go.

    Here's the timeline:


    Last edited by poweRob; 06-05-12 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #484
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and when you fill out those personal information forms, the ones that ask for your ethnicity, i am certain that when you check 'white' you are able to prove with 100% accuracy that you are 100% white. [/s] but then, no one ever asks for such proof. the proof you now deem so essential
    For ME personally, yes I (and others in my 'clan') have documented my (our) lineage irrefutably back to 1580, certainly available upon request…but that is just me.

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    No other tribe was more homogenized by the anglo culture... so much so that Cherokee were farmers by and large and had adopted the practice of having black slaves too. They did everything that was told they had to do to assimilate but what it boiled down to was that gold and other rare minerals were found in the lower Appalachia so they had to go.
    Like I said, the weakness of your argument is the weakness of your argument. But by all means, carry on.

  6. #486
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Originally Posted by justabubba
    and when you fill out those personal information forms, the ones that ask for your ethnicity, i am certain that when you check 'white' you are able to prove with 100% accuracy that you are 100% white. [/s] but then, no one ever asks for such proof. the proof you now deem so essential
    I fill out "Other" and then list all the elements of my ancestry. I've realised for most of my life that I am a mutt, Heinz 57. Most Americans are.

  7. #487
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Like I said, the weakness of your argument is the weakness of your argument. But by all means, carry on.
    And this has to do with what you quoted of me how?

    This is how bad your argument is. You don't even know what you are saying other than, "I hate Elizabeth Warren and I don't know why!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I realise I'm late to the game on this thread, and don't wish to get in the middle of a fight, however, the Cherokee themselves are pissed at Warren for her baseless claim and have announced she does not belong to them. She initially made the assertion to gain benefit, advantage, in the her university application and subsequent academic, then political career. It was a false claim.

    When did she know? Doesn't matter, it's her behavior now that is sinking her. She knows she's not, so she should admit her error promptly and take her medicine. But she isn't doing that, she's falling back on lame excuses, delay and my favorite, "I feel Cherokee".
    She never claimed her Indian heritage on any of her admission or employment documents.. so they are being foolish, IMO.

    I am NO expert, but I think you have to be 1/16th or less.

    This is just a shabby politically motivated attack.

  9. #489
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Who is being derided on this thread? I am serious, but I suspect you might lack the grasp of the obvious. If you were serious about helping Dizzy Lizzie Warren, you would abandon this thread forthwith; but then I expect you might not have the cognitive powers.
    I have this feeling that you almost broke your brain trying to fit the word "cognitive" into your sentence.

    Let's start over to see how strong your argument is... What's your beef with Elizabeth Warren? Or would you prefer to continue with the childish name calling as the basis of your point?
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-05-12 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #490
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I have this feeling that you almost broke your brain trying to fit the word "cognitive" into your sentence.

    Let's start over to see how strong your argument is... What's your beef with Elizabeth Warren? Or would you prefer to continue with the childish name calling as the basis of your point?
    You're joking, right?

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •