Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #441
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungConserv View Post
    This is why affirmative action is bad it incourages lying.
    no. affirmative action is an excellent governmental approach
    that we base it on one's ethnicity is what promotes the lying
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #442
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    There's no doubt that many Native American's are upset with Warren's claims that she cannot prove. And nobody would have to assume anything about the matter if Warren hadn't been caught in a lie about not having told Harvard or the University of Penn about her minority status.
    yes, at least three of them
    of course they have not proffered evidence to show that they are Native Americans themselves
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #443
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Yeah, because there are so many advantages in checking "white". Everyone knows they get preference over people of color like the squaw Dizzy Lizzie Warren.
    but you are moving away from what he insisted was the essential crux of this matter. her alleged inability to prove her 1/32 Native American heritage

    the reich wing must own the rights to the mobile goal post franchise
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Actually that is not true.. Her applications are still on file and have been published.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    In my opinion the reason why this is making a splash is because we only have Warren's word that she didnt use minority status to get ahead. Here is the rub because her integrity on the ancestry issue calls into question her honesty on this issue as well. It looks like she gamed the system to get ahead, so thats what people believe.

    It strikes right at her core as a crusader because crusaders against power have to look incorruptible, Warren looks quite corruptible now.

  5. #445
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Laugh at whomever you please. Enjoy! Won't change the fact that your post was an attempt to deflect from the topic, which is Warren. You apparently aren't very interested in facts, just partisan pot-stirring. Not very well played.
    Nota, you posted a link about Indians being upset with Warren when you clearly didn't follow through..either that or you seriously think 3 whole Indians is something to get excited over. So, when you find something with substance, let me know.
    Last edited by Flippinfunky; 06-05-12 at 04:04 PM.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  6. #446
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Pot ....... kettle ....
    Really? I'm not the one claiming 400 posts (many of them multiple posts by the same people) indicates this is an "issue". America is much bigger than Debate Politics . com
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  7. #447
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, at least three of them
    of course they have not proffered evidence to show that they are Native Americans themselves



    You see, Ms. Warren, some of us have independently done our own research and we know you have no documentation supporting your claim of Cherokee ancestry.* We wonder why you believe you have the right to claim Cherokee ancestry and to call yourself a Native American when you have no evidence to support your claim. While you cling to a family story and the inaccurate report that ONE document was found that supports your claim, we real Cherokees understand that those things mean nothing. You see, we Cherokees have lots and lots and lots of documentation supporting our claims of our ancestry. Our Cherokee ancestors are found on every roll of the Cherokee Nation (30+ rolls!) dating back to before the removal and in all sorts of other documentation, including but not limited to claims against the US government for lost property; the Moravian missionary records; ration lists before and after the forced removal, etc...yet your ancestors are found in NONE of those records
    But, your ancestors are found in plenty of historical records, and every time, they are found living as white people among other white people. Never are your ancestors ever found living among the Cherokees. Never, never, never, never.......yet you claim they were Cherokee.




    Hmmm........and they say you are an elite lawyer! Really?




    Are we supposed to believe an elite lawyer knows nothing about the burden of proof? According to Lawyers.com, the burden of proof is the responsibility of producing sufficient evidence in support of a fact or issue and favorably persuading the trier of fact. Well, Ms. Warren, you should know that you are not doing a very good job of supporting your claim or persuading anyone to believe what you say. This is starting to make us question your ability as a legal mind! And that makes us question whether you really got your job at Harvard on your own merits or whether you climbed on the backs of the Cherokee people in order to further your career.


    Read more: Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: A Letter to Elizabeth Warren

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    How exactly did you research her genealogy? I am very curious about that.


    Quote Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
    You see, Ms. Warren, some of us have independently done our own research and we know you have no documentation supporting your claim of Cherokee ancestry.* We wonder why you believe you have the right to claim Cherokee ancestry and to call yourself a Native American when you have no evidence to support your claim. While you cling to a family story and the inaccurate report that ONE document was found that supports your claim, we real Cherokees understand that those things mean nothing. You see, we Cherokees have lots and lots and lots of documentation supporting our claims of our ancestry. Our Cherokee ancestors are found on every roll of the Cherokee Nation (30+ rolls!) dating back to before the removal and in all sorts of other documentation, including but not limited to claims against the US government for lost property; the Moravian missionary records; ration lists before and after the forced removal, etc...yet your ancestors are found in NONE of those records
    But, your ancestors are found in plenty of historical records, and every time, they are found living as white people among other white people. Never are your ancestors ever found living among the Cherokees. Never, never, never, never.......yet you claim they were Cherokee.




    Hmmm........and they say you are an elite lawyer! Really?




    Are we supposed to believe an elite lawyer knows nothing about the burden of proof? According to Lawyers.com, the burden of proof is the responsibility of producing sufficient evidence in support of a fact or issue and favorably persuading the trier of fact. Well, Ms. Warren, you should know that you are not doing a very good job of supporting your claim or persuading anyone to believe what you say. This is starting to make us question your ability as a legal mind! And that makes us question whether you really got your job at Harvard on your own merits or whether you climbed on the backs of the Cherokee people in order to further your career.


    Read more: Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: A Letter to Elizabeth Warren

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Aw, common guys! She was just looking for "people like her". Maybe speak a little Cherokee, swap great great great granny's Cherokee recipes, catch up with the old gang and bemoan the injustices done to "her" people. You know how it is!

  10. #450
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    How exactly did you research her genealogy? I am very curious about that.
    I didn't research it. I supplied a link. To an article written by a Cherokee genealogist.

Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •