Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #411
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    My ex husband is Jewish/Greek/Cherokee...the only way he can prove the Cherokee is by his looks and a picture of his great, great, great grandma(full blood)..same with our kids. They cant MAKE people prove their blood unless the person is applying for a roll number. They simply want her to prove it. And?

    She never listed herself as a minority when she went to school. This is a NON issue.
    She absolutely DID list herself as a minority.

    Warren says she told schools of heritage - Boston.com

    Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren acknowledged for the first time late Wednesday night that she told Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania that she was Native American, but she continued to insist that race played no role in her recruitment.
    Warren’s new statement came after the Globe asked her campaign about documents it obtained Wednesday from Harvard’s library showing that the university’s law school began reporting a Native American female professor in federal statistics for the 1992-93 school year, the first year Warren worked at Harvard, as a visiting professor.
    Warren had previously said only that she indicated minority status in an Association of American Law Schools directory used to make diversity-friendly hires beginning in the 1986-87 school year, the year before she was hired at Penn. She stopped listing herself in the directory in 1995, the year she became a tenured professor at Harvard.

    Before Warren’s time in the Ivy League - in the early 1980s - she indicated on an official University of Texas form that she was white. She also had the option to indicate Native American heritage at that point, but did not check that box.

  2. #412
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    She absolutely DID list herself as a minority.

    Warren says she told schools of heritage - Boston.com
    Elizabeth Warren

    "The Boston Globe reported that Warren claimed no minority status in applying to college or law school. Her application to Rutgers University Law School, which Warren attended, included the question: "Are you interested in applying for admission under the Program for Minority Group Students?" Warren answered, "No."
    Yet at some point in the late 1980s, when she was teaching law at the University of Pennsylvania, Warren began listing herself as Native American in a legal directory. A recently-unearthed article from a 1997 Fordham Law Review describes Warren as the Harvard Law School faculty's "first woman of color." "

    She never listed it when she applied. Regardless, this is a non issue and wont make or break her..She's got 95.77 percent of the delegate vote. There are bigger issues to deal with, like Scott Walkers staff stealing veterans funds, perhaps.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  3. #413
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    My ex husband is Jewish/Greek/Cherokee...the only way he can prove the Cherokee is by his looks and a picture of his great, great, great grandma(full blood)..same with our kids. They cant MAKE people prove their blood unless the person is applying for a roll number. They simply want her to prove it. And?

    She never listed herself as a minority when she went to school. This is a NON issue.
    The issue is Warren's integrity. She told the Boston Herald, based on her mother's recollections, that she was 1/32nd Native American.

    Genealogical society: No proof of Warren’s Cherokee heritage found - BostonHerald.com

    A Cherokee group protested: Cherokee group to protest Elizabeth Warren outside state Democratic convention in Springfield | masslive.com

    From the Huffington Post:

    Warren, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, has been dogged by questions over her heritage since the Boston Herald reported on her background on April 27. She initially told the Herald that she didn't know that Harvard Law had touted her as a minority faculty member until she read it in the paper. She has said that she listed herself as Native American in law school directories.

    Elizabeth Warren Acknowledges Listing Herself As Native American To Harvard, Penn

    You see the integrity challenge now?

  4. #414
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Look - I am not going through forty pages of this nonsense ----
    I don't blame you!

    does Warren have Indian heritage or not?
    She claim yes, she and others have failed to substantiate it. Ultimately SHE either substantiates it or walks it back...eitherway she initiated this nonsense and it does go nominally to her credibility.

  5. #415
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    The issue is Warren's integrity. She told the Boston Herald, based on her mother's recollections, that she was 1/32nd Native American.

    Genealogical society: No proof of Warren’s Cherokee heritage found - BostonHerald.com

    A Cherokee group protested: Cherokee group to protest Elizabeth Warren outside state Democratic convention in Springfield | masslive.com

    From the Huffington Post:

    Warren, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, has been dogged by questions over her heritage since the Boston Herald reported on her background on April 27. She initially told the Herald that she didn't know that Harvard Law had touted her as a minority faculty member until she read it in the paper. She has said that she listed herself as Native American in law school directories.

    Elizabeth Warren Acknowledges Listing Herself As Native American To Harvard, Penn

    You see the integrity challenge now?
    Yeah well no one seemed to care about Joe Walsh owing over 100k in back child support, then using those children to make a statement against Obamacare....and no one seems to care about the mess Scott Walker is in...(and now his closest friend has implicated him). So, when I see some "integrity" concerns for the right, from the right, I'll take you guys seriously.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  6. #416
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    Yeah well no one seemed to care about Joe Walsh owing over 100k in back child support, then using those children to make a statement against Obamacare....and no one seems to care about the mess Scott Walker is in...(and now his closest friend has implicated him). So, when I see some "integrity" concerns for the right, from the right, I'll take you guys seriously.
    Nice deflection attempt...this thread is not about Joe Walsh or Scott Walker...

  7. #417
    Educator Flippinfunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA (Raised in SW Oklahoma)
    Last Seen
    08-01-12 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    883

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Nice deflection attempt...this thread is not about Joe Walsh or Scott Walker...
    No its not, it's about EW and a non issue. Again, when I see the same concerns for the right, from the right, I'll stop laughing at you.
    Silly poor people
    Tax cuts are for the rich!

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    ......... She never listed it when she applied. Regardless, this is a non issue and wont make or break her..She's got 95.77 percent of the delegate vote. There are bigger issues to deal with, like Scott Walkers staff stealing veterans funds, perhaps.
    So. She certainly did list it at a time during her employment where it would have afforded here significant advantage than had she just been a white girl.

    And it was she who perpetrated the hoax. No one else.

    So when we get to the "bigger issues to deal with", we want to do it with folks who have not already shown themselves to be of such low moral character.

    Pow Wow Chow anyone ?

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    No its not, it's about EW and a non issue. Again, when I see the same concerns for the right, from the right, I'll stop laughing at you.
    Keep laughing. Got about 420 posts in this thread alone that says that it is an issue.

  10. #420
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinfunky View Post
    No its not, it's about EW and a non issue.
    If so why then are you compelled to participate in such a 'nonissue'?

Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •