Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #21
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Wow. I think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Imagine... a politician who actually cares about "The People!" That is the way she comes across to me.

    You say potato and I say potahto.
    She doesn't give two ****s about the people MG, she's a typical hack using populism to attain a goal. She would be the first person to **** you over by passing a bunch of stupid laws that hinder any progress you could make. The woman is a shakedown artist.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes
    to be an enrolled member of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation one must be at least 1/16 Cherokee
    she missed that mark by a generation; her parent with Cherokee blood could have qualified as an enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation

    those who expend close scrutiny on this matter; where were you when dicknbush were insisting iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the rest of the world was saying that was a (now proven) lie

    your desperation is placed on public exhibit in threads such as this
    Again. It is not about being an "enrolled member". It is to claim one is Native American. Otherwise, such as Warren, were she to also have an Hispanic great great great grandmother, married to a black, for instance, could list herself at four different schools as being Black at one, Hispanic at another, Native American at the third, and whatever floats her boat at thr fourth

    Had a good laugh at the blame Bush quip

  3. #23
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    She doesn't give two ****s about the people MG, she's a typical hack using populism to attain a goal. She would be the first person to **** you over by passing a bunch of stupid laws that hinder any progress you could make. The woman is a shakedown artist.
    And yet, you can't seem to come up with a single example. It's all just right wing bile.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #24
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    She doesn't give two ****s about the people MG, she's a typical hack using populism to attain a goal. She would be the first person to **** you over by passing a bunch of stupid laws that hinder any progress you could make. The woman is a shakedown artist.
    I strongly disagree. She's been a champion for the middle-class looooooooooooong before ever going into politics. Ever read one of her books?

    Amazon.com: Elizabeth Warren: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

    Aside from your opinion, you have presented zero evidence.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  5. #25
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I strongly disagree. She's been a champion for the middle-class looooooooooooong before ever going into politics. Ever read one of her books?

    Amazon.com: Elizabeth Warren: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

    Aside from your opinion, you have presented zero evidence.
    He has no other basis than the fact that right wing talking heads like Rush and Hannity talk **** about her.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #26
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Again. It is not about being an "enrolled member". It is to claim one is Native American.
    At what point would you find that acceptable? 1/2? 3/4?

    I guess the way I see it, if you're an enrolled member, that's good enough. She didn't, so there you go. Fact is, NOBODY NOTICED UNTIL A REPUBLICAN WAS IN DANGER OF LOSING AN ELECTION. What does that tell you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    At what point would you find that acceptable? 1/2? 3/4?

    I guess the way I see it, if you're an enrolled member, that's good enough. She didn't, so there you go. Fact is, NOBODY NOTICED UNTIL A REPUBLICAN WAS IN DANGER OF LOSING AN ELECTION. What does that tell you?
    LOL ... maybe like W's fabricated National Guard AWOL stuff ?

    Its being noticed, and reported now, because Warren has volunteered herself into the political community as a candidate. More scrutiny comes with that turf

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Fact is, NOBODY NOTICED UNTIL A REPUBLICAN WAS IN DANGER OF LOSING AN ELECTION. What does that tell you?
    Losing an election based on what? RCP average has Brown with a 1% advantage.

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Massachusetts Senate - Brown vs. Warren

  9. #29
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And yet, you can't seem to come up with a single example. It's all just right wing bile.
    I don't owe you an example. There's an idiotic statist speach she issued last year using a very popular theory amongst statists that I tore apart earlier on this board, you can look it up. That simplistic asanine speach was enough.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #30
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Losing an election based on what? RCP average has Brown with a 1% advantage.

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Massachusetts Senate - Brown vs. Warren
    I said "in danger of losing." I'd call 1% in danger of losing. It's within the margin of error of most polls.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •