Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 742

Thread: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Doesn't being a female still qualify as 'minority'?

  2. #12
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,198

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    the only reason it is being brought up now is because internal polling is showing that Scott Brown is in trouble with Massachusetts voters.
    Ding, Ding! We have a winner!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Every tribe can set their own regulations for who is, and who is not a member of the tribe. I don't know what the Cherokee's criteria are, but some tribes do go as low as 1/32nd. I myself am 1/16 Hopi, but their cutoff is 1/8 ( I looked into it), so techincally my father could claim tribal membership (he doesn't, but that's up to him).

    So basically, if she fits the Cherokee nation's criteria, she is well within her rights to claim to be a Native American.
    The Cherokeee Nation laughed at Warren's claim. Further, if you read the articles, Warren listed her ethnicity as Native American for about a decade at four different universities where she served on the faculty. That is not the same as being 1/32nd Cherokee.

  4. #14
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The Cherokeee Nation laughed at Warren's claim. Further, if you read the articles, Warren listed her ethnicity as Native American for about a decade at four different universities where she served on the faculty. That is not the same as being 1/32nd Cherokee.
    If she did that to gain as a "minority" group I hope at least one university brings up fraud charges, I HATE that poor excuse for a woman.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #15
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    If she did that to gain as a "minority" group I hope at least one university brings up fraud charges, I HATE that poor excuse for a woman.
    Out of curiousity, why do you HATE her?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #16
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Out of curiousity, why do you HATE her?
    She's an arrogant, loudmouthed, statist, idiot with no clue how the real world works. And if she committed fraud to get into school she belongs in prison, the end.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #17
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,176

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The Cherokeee Nation laughed at Warren's claim. Further, if you read the articles, Warren listed her ethnicity as Native American for about a decade at four different universities where she served on the faculty. That is not the same as being 1/32nd Cherokee.
    yes
    to be an enrolled member of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation one must be at least 1/16 Cherokee
    she missed that mark by a generation; her parent with Cherokee blood could have qualified as an enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation

    those who expend close scrutiny on this matter; where were you when dicknbush were insisting iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the rest of the world was saying that was a (now proven) lie

    your desperation is placed on public exhibit in threads such as this
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The criticism of Warren is that she has deliberately misrepresented her ethnicity.
    Birthers do that all the time to Hussein Obama.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #19
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    She's an arrogant, loudmouthed, statist, idiot with no clue how the real world works. And if she committed fraud to get into school she belongs in prison, the end.
    Any particular position or positions that you oppose, or is it just a style/chauvenist thing?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    She's an arrogant, loudmouthed, statist, idiot with no clue how the real world works. And if she committed fraud to get into school she belongs in prison, the end.
    Wow. I think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Imagine... a politician who actually cares about "The People!" That is the way she comes across to me.

    You say potato and I say potahto.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •