Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

  1. #21
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm sorry, this is measured fact. All places have their assholes, but the East sets the bar. Biggest assholes in the country.
    Oh I agree true..this forum obviously has them too....some make moronic claims based on air and spew it out their anus..

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, compare and contrast: How is San Diego like Philadelphia? How is it different?

    Is it really a black/white thing? How "white" is San Diego, really?

    Seems to me that gangs might have something to do with it, but that could be wrong, too.
    Lifelong San Diegan.

    Pretty racially mixed town overall, but there are definitely black, latino, asian, white neighborhoods.

    Its a military town, I was raised in a navy neighborhood. Kids of every color at our school. I think the military kind of "dilutes" racism through simple exposure.

    But more importantly its a beautiful town with awesome weather. Its also all sprawled out, so everybody isn't piled on top of each other. Abundant cheap pot may also be a factor.

    Its hard to hate life here. Expensive as hell, but even the homeless have it better than elsewhere. They never freeze to death here.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #23
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Lifelong San Diegan.

    Pretty racially mixed town overall, but there are definitely black, latino, asian, white neighborhoods.

    Its a military town, I was raised in a navy neighborhood. Kids of every color at our school. I think the military kind of "dilutes" racism through simple exposure.

    But more importantly its a beautiful town with awesome weather. Its also all sprawled out, so everybody isn't piled on top of each other. Abundant cheap pot may also be a factor.

    Its hard to hate life here. Expensive as hell, but even the homeless have it better than elsewhere. They never freeze to death here.
    I used to make fun of California when living in Colorado. Then I moved out East.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #24
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Look..Lmao...this is one of the silliest childish lines of rap ive seen on this forum...seriously guys....east coast is all assholes...the west coast are all great...ROFLMAO....listen...california is consider a toilet bowl by 80% of the country people are FLOCKING out of california...its a cess pool of crime and illegal immigration and drug cartels...and so is the east...to make that childish uninformed absurd statement is just laughable.
    Heres the truth...there is very little difference...between LA and NYC....

  5. #25
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    And Oakland is like Philadelphia. But there's no New Jersey equivalent out West; so they win.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #26
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And Oakland is like Philadelphia. But there's no New Jersey equivalent out West; so they win.
    Your being silly Ikari...think about what you saying..

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Look..Lmao...this is one of the silliest childish lines of rap ive seen on this forum...seriously guys....east coast is all assholes...the west coast are all great...ROFLMAO....listen...california is consider a toilet bowl by 80% of the country people are FLOCKING out of california...its a cess pool of crime and illegal immigration and drug cartels...and so is the east...to make that childish uninformed absurd statement is just laughable.
    Heres the truth...there is very little difference...between LA and NYC....
    In all honesty, the majority of the flight from CA is due to the cost of living and the crappy economy.

    Violent crime is DOWN in SD, just saw an article in the paper about it.

    Illegal immigration is also down here. FAR fewer illegals hanging out at the Depot.

    No work.

    The drug cartels are a problem of our own making. They would have no money OR power if our gov didn't subsidize their industry with drug laws.

    And I've never been to NY, but I know several people FROM NY. And if everybody in NY acts like they do, then I'm sure its a ****ty place to live.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  8. #28
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    In all honesty, the majority of the flight from CA is due to the cost of living and the crappy economy.

    Violent crime is DOWN in SD, just saw an article in the paper about it.

    Illegal immigration is also down here. FAR fewer illegals hanging out at the Depot.

    No work.

    The drug cartels are a problem of our own making. They would have no money OR power if our gov didn't subsidize their industry with drug laws.

    And I've never been to NY, but I know several people FROM NY. And if everybody in NY acts like they do, then I'm sure its a ****ty place to live.
    California is the most rural state in America these days, which is pretty odd. But yeah, cost of living out there is ridiculous.

    NYC is a ****ty place to live.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #29
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    In all honesty, the majority of the flight from CA is due to the cost of living and the crappy economy.

    Violent crime is DOWN in SD, just saw an article in the paper about it.

    Illegal immigration is also down here. FAR fewer illegals hanging out at the Depot.

    No work.

    The drug cartels are a problem of our own making. They would have no money OR power if our gov didn't subsidize their industry with drug laws.

    And I've never been to NY, but I know several people FROM NY. And if everybody in NY acts like they do, then I'm sure its a ****ty place to live.

    What if cmon...you know San Diego is one place in california...no major city has seen a decline in crime as HUGE as NYC in the last 10 yrs...do you realize what a dangerous place NYC was in the late 60s, 70s 80s...do you realize you could not walk around times square after dark...there were patrolemen and plainclothes everywhere in that area in PAIRS...connected pairs....NYC is cleaner and as crimeless as its ever been....
    Im not comparing califormia to NY or the east to the west coast...its absurd and based on ZERO facts only someones childish hot air...
    How about this they are both full of AHs including the entire north and south too lol

  10. #30
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Police Chiefs Focus on Disparities in Gun Violence, With an Eye Toward Solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    California is the most rural state in America these days, which is pretty odd. But yeah, cost of living out there is ridiculous.

    NYC is a ****ty place to live.
    NYC is a fantastic place to live ... as long as you got the bucks....
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •