Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 134

Thread: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't recall anyone complaining about Saddam being removed from power, though.
    Actually, there were many that voiced opposition to the way it was handled.

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Why do you hate him so? Is it his height, his education? His good looks? Maybe because he's Hawaiian, Brah?
    Because he's half black. We don't hate the white half. Just the black half.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually, there were many that voiced opposition to the way it was handled.
    But no one complained that Saddam was ousted. Correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #84
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,116

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL so when that happens and they aren't found then what other country will you blame that has them?
    Well, they were moved with the aid of the Russian's so they could be anywhere.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #85
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,116

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually, there were many that voiced opposition to the way it was handled.
    Yes, by Saddam supporters, and those trying to undermine Bush. All in all, not a very honest group.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #86
    Back
    tecoyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,976

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    OMG! Are you fixing to blame Bush for the recession? That's as rediculous as saying that 9/11 was an inside job.
    Let's just take a look at a few things here:

    Bush come into office with a budget surplus, a relatively healthy economy, growing GDP, and a combination of regulation and oversight that allowed the banks to prosper without getting out of had.

    Bush then de-regulated banking enough to change oversight, took the surplus and reversed it into the largest deficit we have ever seen, took us into two wars while lowering the tax based income to the fed, and presided over the beginning of recession.

    I think that certainly indicates that Bush had a very heavy hand in bringing the recession on.
    Illusionary

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, they were moved with the aid of the Russian's so they could be anywhere.

    j-mac
    Sure they were, sure they were. Did you come to that conclusion through the aid of a tinfoil hat as well?

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, by Saddam supporters, and those trying to undermine Bush. All in all, not a very honest group.


    j-mac
    Yep, those had to be the ONLY two reasons to be against the war. And you say you want serious debate?

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,140

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Let's just take a look at a few things here:

    Bush come into office with a budget surplus, a relatively healthy economy, growing GDP, and a combination of regulation and oversight that allowed the banks to prosper without getting out of had.

    Bush then de-regulated banking enough to change oversight, took the surplus and reversed it into the largest deficit we have ever seen, took us into two wars while lowering the tax based income to the fed, and presided over the beginning of recession.

    I think that certainly indicates that Bush had a very heavy hand in bringing the recession on.
    There's no hope for some folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #90
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,442

    Re: Shift on executive power lets Obama bypass rivals

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    took the surplus and reversed it into the largest deficit we have ever seen
    Wait . . . what?

    Have you seen the last few deficits?
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •