Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 281

Thread: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

  1. #211
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    You've got a strange definition of "punishment." I guess Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber were "punished" by not even being invited in the first place.
    Did the troops want to see them? Were they invited? Were they interested in performing? I'm thinking that Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga wouldn't have sold many tickets at an Army post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #212
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    They sure did. Are you insinuating they don't have the right to?
    The government doesn't have the authority to punish someone for political speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #213
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The military isn't funding this concert. It's being funded by ticket sales to attendees.
    Source??

    Usually a promoter is on the hook for the money. That's how the industry works, the promoter fronts the money, then recoups his expenses from ticket sales. If ticket sales aren't high, the promoter loses money on the night, not the performer. It would be extremely unusual for anybody to wait for ticket sales. I doubt Ted would perform if his money wasn't guaranteed. Is the military the promoter or just the venue? Because that's a whole other ball of wax to begin with. If the venue doesn't want to make themselves available, they aren't under any compulsion to do so.

    Or we could just go on believing that there's a vast worldwide libbo conspiracy to suppress and discredit American Conservatism.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #214
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Then the concert goers can bring suite.
    Is that supposed to make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #215
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Source??

    Usually a promoter is on the hook for the money. That's how the industry works, the promoter fronts the money, then recoups his expenses from ticket sales. If ticket sales aren't high, the promoter loses money on the night, not the performer. It would be extremely unusual for anybody to wait for ticket sales. I doubt Ted would perform if his money wasn't guaranteed. Is the military the promoter or just the venue? Because that's a whole other ball of wax to begin with. If the venue doesn't want to make themselves available, they aren't under any compulsion to do so.

    Or we could just go on believing that there's a vast worldwide libbo conspiracy to suppress and discredit American Conservatism.
    Thank you for proving my point that the military isn't funding the concert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #216
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The government doesn't have the authority to punish someone for political speech.
    You have a very poor grasp on the concept of free speech, I could go into work Monday morning and tell my boss his wife is a ****, and I would be well within my legal means to do so, however that doesn't mean he couldn't fire me because of it. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you're absolved from any consequences that may stem from your words.

  7. #217
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    They sure did. Are you insinuating they don't have the right to?
    No/10 char.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  8. #218
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is that supposed to make sense?
    It does to those who understand protected speech and the methods used in litigating them.

    If the concert goers, who as you claim were deprived of speech they wanted to hear, want to punish those who did this, they can bring suite, just as the Tucson students are doing right now concerning Hispanic studies.

    If Theodore feels his rights were denied, he could sue. He won't sue based on speech rights...if anything he might based on any contract he had.

    Good luck with any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #219
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    My understanding is it is on a Military base, the concert is funded by ticket sales. So the military is taking it upon themselves to cancel Ted. The tickets sold for the opening act will have to be refunded. Nothing like biting off your nose to spite your face.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  10. #220
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Military Cancels Ted Nugent Performance Citing Violent Rhetoric About Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    You have a very poor grasp on the concept of free speech, I could go into work Monday morning and tell my boss his wife is a ****, and I would be well within my legal means to do so, however that doesn't mean he couldn't fire me because of it. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you're absolved from any consequences that may stem from your words.
    You're talking about a private company. I'm talking about the government. Apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •