Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 204

Thread: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

  1. #11
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nope, he kicked off the recession which was sustained by Obama and now is leading to the rise. Did you really need your hand held for that?
    If Bush kicked off the recession - and caused it - then why can't Obama end it since it's all, apparently, within presidential powers to roll the ball and stop it at the same time.

    It's much more broad than that - just what, exactly, did Bush do to cause it *all* to happen? Do you think that it's all happening like this because we chose to go dance around in the Middle East? Do you think if we ended our involvement over there right now that everything would go back to 'normal' (if there is such a thing - I guess we could say pre 9/11 standards)

    Like it or not: we're not holding the ball in this court - **** happens - note: it's happening worldwide: not just in the US.

    The world is changing.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #12
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If Bush kicked off the recession - and caused it - then why can't Obama end it since it's all, apparently, within presidential powers to roll the ball and stop it at the same time.

    It's much more broad than that - just what, exactly, did Bush do to cause it *all* to happen? Do you think that it's all happening like this because we chose to go dance around in the Middle East? Do you think if we ended our involvement over there right now that everything would go back to 'normal' (if there is such a thing - I guess we could say pre 9/11 standards)

    Like it or not: we're not holding the ball in this court - **** happens - note: it's happening worldwide: not just in the US.

    The world is changing.
    Not to be too particular, but the recession technically ended in the summer of 2009.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nope, he kicked off the recession which was sustained by Obama and now is leading to the rise. Did you really need your hand held for that?
    LOL ..... it would seem you need bread crumbs to follow.

    The OP had it properly framed from the beginning:

    "Enrollment way up, spending more than doubled. Yeah, it is obvious this economy is on the right track and growing. "

    That little sarcasm smilie at the end was supposed to be a visual clue for the liberal impaired.

    Obama says his plans are working. OK. Thanks for these results Obama.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Carter went down in history as the free cheese president , Clinton as the BJ president and obama will be remembered as president food stamp.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If Bush kicked off the recession - and caused it - then why can't Obama end it since it's all, apparently, within presidential powers to roll the ball and stop it at the same time.
    End it? No, he's just soldiering on with Bush style policies. Of course he's not ending it, he's proliferating it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL ..... it would seem you need bread crumbs to follow.

    The OP had it properly framed from the beginning:

    "Enrollment way up, spending more than doubled. Yeah, it is obvious this economy is on the right track and growing. "

    That little sarcasm smilie at the end was supposed to be a visual clue for the liberal impaired.

    Obama says his plans are working. OK. Thanks for these results Obama.
    Hmm, maybe I should use smiles for the republocrat impaired. I understand that nothing Obama is doing is working. I get that. The recession is still in full swing, but Obama doesn't care about the regular folk; just the banks and wallstreet. Same as Bush. In fact, there's very little functional difference between the two. Obama's plans are working as well as Bush's plans have worked. This is just a continuous long string of affairs by both Republicans and Democrats which led us to this spot. And now we see large sustained unemployment numbers and very little actual movement by the government to rectify the problem. Their buddy's got theirs, and now they no longer care about "fixes".

    Republocrats, screwing us over one administration at a time.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And thanks Bush for kicking it all off. Gotta love the Republocrats, doesn't matter which side of the coin we got; they try to **** us over and take the coin regardless.
    "Welfare" began as a program to HELP now it is a program to SUPPORT. The scum that lays in it's own waste screaming when that check doesn't come are typical of all mouth breathers that do not grasp the concept of self support much less bettering their situations. The day is coming when welfare like social security and health care, will begin to shrink to oblivion and those that survived off it will then be forced to lives of crime in order to eat.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,282

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Not to be too particular, but the recession technically ended in the summer of 2009.
    That's what the propagandists would like for us to believe, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    I am glad to see that they are getting assistance out to more people. Now they just need to work on stopping the abuses with food stamps.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #20
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Hmm, maybe I should use smiles for the republocrat impaired. I understand that nothing Obama is doing is working. I get that. The recession is still in full swing, but Obama doesn't care about the regular folk; just the banks and wallstreet. Same as Bush. In fact, there's very little functional difference between the two. Obama's plans are working as well as Bush's plans have worked. This is just a continuous long string of affairs by both Republicans and Democrats which led us to this spot. And now we see large sustained unemployment numbers and very little actual movement by the government to rectify the problem. Their buddy's got theirs, and now they no longer care about "fixes".

    Republocrats, screwing us over one administration at a time.
    Of course it's all very easy to sit outside the window and shout at everyone inside, but there IS a difference between the Democrats and the Republicans. You may not like either party, but they are not the same.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •