Page 87 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1555

Thread: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

  1. #861
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'm not into self delusion, sorry! Even a majority of post 9/11 Vets said the war with Iraq was not worth it.
    Everybody in the world, including *Saddam*, thought Hussein had WMD. And he probably did. There are more and more indications that he was indeed training terrorists.

    Yes, the Bush admin over-sold the WMD. But they also gave other reasons at the very start and we had already fought in Iraq, knew the terrain and the enemy. Iraq was a failing state due to *dementia*and sanctions, among other things. AQ is a virus that needs a failing state in the caliphate for a host

  2. #862
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Why couldn't you have just responded with, "There is no point responding to me."? So as I said, an old woman, and children are unlawful combatants? Tell me, how is an old woman and some school children in some God forsaken pit a threat to you? Honestly, I could care less about them as well, but at least I understand they aren't the ones we are after. You seem to believe that all of the people there are fair game.
    Its war....Sometimes you simply have to throw a frag in, close the door behind it, and move on to the next room.

    Its constant movement...always on the move

    WTF do you think war means???? Yes, some civilians may die but that is collateral damage

  3. #863
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Everybody in the world, including *Saddam*, thought Hussein had WMD. And he probably did. There are more and more indications that he was indeed training terrorists.

    Yes, the Bush admin over-sold the WMD. But they also gave other reasons at the very start and we had already fought in Iraq, knew the terrain and the enemy. Iraq was a failing state due to *dementia*and sanctions, among other things. AQ is a virus that needs a failing state in the caliphate for a host

    A chronology of how the Bush Administration repeatedly and deliberately refused to listen to intelligence agencies that said its case for war was weak

    I am proud that a majority of Congressional Democrats voted against the use of force in Iraq.
    Last edited by Catawba; 04-25-12 at 02:19 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #864
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Right, The taliban was innocent....
    Of attacking us, yes. Make a different claim, and less so depending on the claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #865
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Osama was a fundamental figure in the Taliban, if you think there was no complicency in the attacks, you are delusional.
    Whether either one of us is delusional is another issue and besides the point. The fact is there is no evidence that the Taliban played any role in the attacks. Mostly Saudis, with Saudi and Pakistan money, were.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #866
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Irrelvant. They supported, harbored and protected those that did.
    Which is a different claim. I only ask you make a claim that is factually correct.

    You did not offer one subjective source for your claim.
    I think you mean objective, but the fact is I offered both, and linked the entire search page.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #867
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which is a different claim. I only ask you make a claim that is factually correct.
    It's not a different claim and it is factually correct.

    I think you mean objective, but the fact is I offered both, and linked the entire search page.
    I did mean objective, my appologies. Nowhere did I see the actual study or stastics your news articles claim to report on.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #868
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whether either one of us is delusional is another issue and besides the point. The fact is there is no evidence that the Taliban played any role in the attacks. Mostly Saudis, with Saudi and Pakistan money, were.
    Facilitating an environment where they are free to plan and from where they can launch attacks is playing a role.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #869
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Facilitating an environment where they are free to plan and from where they can launch attacks is playing a role.
    There is no evidence it was planned there. Remember, these were Saudis, with Saudi money, Pakistan money. You have to show that the Taliban took part in the planning and that it was planned there.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #870
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's not a different claim and it is factually correct.



    I did mean objective, my appologies. Nowhere did I see the actual study or stastics your news articles claim to report on.
    You say an objective report, a couple in fact. You also saw the military itself reporting it and discussing it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •