Page 69 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1555

Thread: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

  1. #681
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    not everybody should be allowed to serve in the military...
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #682
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then you must be surprised that the guy we plan to turn over security there to thinks it is an atrocity. I'm guessing what he and the other Afghans think about it is a hell of lot more significant than what you think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Not really.



    Oh, come now. This is one of the most blatant forms of ad hominem.
    That was a "blatant" attack on your person? Saying that your opinion is not as significant as the view of the leader of Afghanistan on an issue within his own country?

    Really?

    Wow, the sensitivity and self importance levels are getting pretty high around here.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-23-12 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #683
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    not everybody should be allowed to serve in the military...
    Ddin't we lower standards because recuritment was low? Not saying it had anything to with what happened here, but your statement led me to recall smoehting about that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #684
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    not everybody should be allowed to serve in the military...
    A: Not everyone is.

    nice engrish.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-23-12 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #685
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That was a "blatant" attack on your person? Saying that your opinion is not as significant as the view of the leader of Afghanistan on an issue within his own country?

    Really?

    Wow, the sensitivity levels are getting pretty high around here.


    I agree, when we start calling taking pictures with dead terrorist scum body parts, and accidental koran burnings "atrocities", it would seem folks are pretty damn sensitive....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #686
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I agree, when we start calling taking pictures with dead terrorist scum body parts, and accidental koran burnings "atrocities", it would seem folks are pretty damn sensitive....
    Hey Rev...if you got a beef with Karzia, take it up with him. If you still think that the soldiers are correct, take it up with US Command. I'm sure you can win both arguments against them. Not that I think you can since you can't even grasp the context of my comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #687
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hey Rev...if you got a beef with Karzia, take it up with him. If you still think that the soldiers are correct, take it up with US Command. I'm sure you can win both arguments against them. Not that I think you can since you can't even grasp the context of my comments.



    I did. You view running out of ring dings as an "atrocity" especially if a US soldier ate the last one. /facepalm
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #688
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I did. You view running out of ring dings as an "atrocity" especially if a US soldier ate the last one. /facepalm
    No, you just proved again that you totally missed the context of my comments, I gave no opinion on the "atrocity", I commented on "Republics" idea of what an ad hominem is.

    Take your hands away from your face..... and read...then think....then respond.

    PS....."ring ding"?..... pastry...or the sound a 2-stroke engine makes?
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-23-12 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #689
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hey Rev...if you got a beef with Karzia, take it up with him. If you still think that the soldiers are correct, take it up with US Command. I'm sure you can win both arguments against them. Not that I think you can since you can't even grasp the context of my comments.
    I don't think anyone in "US Command" called it an atrocity.....
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #690
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't think anyone in "US Command" called it an atrocity.....

    They didn't, but Panetta fell all over himself to get to the camera to apologize for this over three year old picture.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •