Page 32 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1555

Thread: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

  1. #311
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,753

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You believe their goal was to kill themselves? You do not understand the enemy.
    It was a suicide bomber. Of course their goal was to kill themselves, plus a lot of other people as well!
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #312
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It was a suicide bomber. Of course their goal was to kill themselves, plus a lot of other people as well!
    You almost have the priority straight, but you still don't understand the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They should be human, which they are. There's nothing wrong with what they're doing.
    Nothing other than violating their regulations, desecrating the enemy, providing the enemy with more reason to carry on with the insurgency, disgracing their own uniform...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,753

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Nothing other than violating their regulations, desecrating the enemy, providing the enemy with more reason to carry on with the insurgency, disgracing their own uniform...
    The enemy needs no more reasons and frankly, screw the damn enemy. Maybe if they weren't such insufferable pricks in the first place, we wouldn't be wasting our time blowing their fool heads off.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #315
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    obviously. his son has been serving in that military for almost twenty years [/s]

    what some find objectionable is that he dares voice criticism where criticism is very much due. such as that photograph

    did we learn nothing from that tragedy called vietnam? we won every major battle - but lost the war. we do not win the hearts and minds of a people when we perpetrate a my lai upon them. neither do we win their support when we exhibit disrespect as is found in that photo

    those actions did nothing to quell the prospect that yet another resident will come to feel so ardently opposed to us that they would willingly give their life to take ours away. how does that outcome make us safer? how does motivating future suicide bombers advance our mission?
    Then he shouldn't have written what he wrote, that's not my fault he can't hold his fingers still.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #316
    Student Fubar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    greenville sc
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    201

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The enemy needs no more reasons and frankly, screw the damn enemy. Maybe if they weren't such insufferable pricks in the first place, we wouldn't be wasting our time blowing their fool heads off.
    And we wonder why...the world calls us ....insufferable pricks.now I know the real reason we are there.
    Listen to your conscience....and let it sink in.

  7. #317
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,753

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    And we wonder why...the world calls us ....insufferable pricks.now I know the real reason we are there.
    It's because oftentimes we are, running around the planet, pretending to be the world's policeman, shaking our insufferable... well, you know... all over the place.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Is your point that US soldiers should be no more honorable than terrorists?
    Indeed, I thought we had more honor & decency than the terrorists & murderers.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So Philipinos are now Latinos? How did that happen? And according to whom?.....
    I never said ALL Philipinos were Hispanic, now did I?

  10. #320
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Indeed, I thought we had more honor & decency than the terrorists & murderers.
    Man, I wish I live in your universe. In all honesty, we might be the least honorable and decent country on this planet.
    Hail to the King baby!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •