Page 143 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1555

Thread: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

  1. #1421
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it's not what you've been talking about. You started this off with "the middle east has the majority of the cheap oil"....just not true. It has a lot, but not most.
    I've shown the facts that say they do.

    The peak thing is a myth, too.
    Again, I've got to go with the facts and the warning in 2010 from the largest oil user entity on the planet, the US Military.

    BTW....how much does Afghanistan have?
    Have you never heard of the plans for the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1422
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Maybe. The reality is there is much more unattainable oil down there that we can't get now...but will be able to when our technology advances.

    Putting aside for a second the current cost of extraction and refining of the muck they call shale oil and gas, you are ignoring the detrimental effects to the environment of continued dependence on fossil fuel burning for energy.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1423
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Putting aside for a second the current cost of extraction and refining of the muck they call shale oil and gas, you are ignoring the detrimental effects to the environment of continued dependence on fossil fuel burning for energy.
    I was wondering how long it would take before someone started squealing about global warming
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #1424
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I've shown the facts that say they do.
    No, you haven't.

    Again, I've got to go with the facts and the warning in 2010 from the largest oil user entity on the planet, the US Military.
    And ignore the known problems with the theory...gotcha.

    Have you never heard of the plans for the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline?
    oh, boy, more conspiracy....
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #1425
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Putting aside for a second the current cost of extraction and refining of the muck they call shale oil and gas, you are ignoring the detrimental effects to the environment of continued dependence on fossil fuel burning for energy.
    Actually pollution and global warming was not part of the discussion. I'm certainly not ignoring it, it just didn't relate to your "fight for oil" argument.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #1426
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    What are you guys even arguing about? Oil is running out.

    It may be, but it is the severity, and dare I say it 'crisis level' that is the lie here. Any reasonable person can agree that natural resources like oil could be finite, and there fore alternatives needed. However, what is unreasonable is placing that finite resource off limits, to drive up price making alternatives plausible to create, while at the same time creating a misery factor of the very people one says they champion. It is dishonest.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1427
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    May 4, 2012

    Panetta tells troops misconduct hurts morale, mission


    "The enemy may be losing on the battlefield in Afghanistan, but he is trying to win the public relations war with the help of misconduct among a few U.S. military personnel, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told soldiers Friday."

    "These days, it takes only seconds -- seconds -- for a picture, a photo to suddenly become an international headline. And those headlines can impact the mission that we are engaged in," Panetta said. "It can put your fellow service members at risk. It can hurt morale. It can damage our standing in the world and they can cost lives."

    A report issued this week by the Pentagon noted several "significant shocks" in Afghanistan from October to March, including the release of a video of U.S. Marines urinating on corpses, the inadvertent burning of religious materials by U.S. personnel and the alleged killing of 17 civilians by a lone U.S. soldier.

    Afghan President Hamid Karzai last month condemned photos of U.S. soldiers posing with bodies of suspected insurgents.

    Karzai, who described the images as "inhumane and provocative," said "the only way to put an end to such painful experiences" was to end the presence of foreign forces in Afghanistan."

    Panetta tells troops misconduct hurts morale, mission - CNN
    Last edited by Catawba; 05-06-12 at 02:17 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #1428
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Putting aside for a second the current cost of extraction and refining of the muck they call shale oil and gas, you are ignoring the detrimental effects to the environment of continued dependence on fossil fuel burning for energy.
    You mean that nasty stuff that heats your home & keeps you from freezing to death? Or keeps you from having to walk miles a day just to get to work or the store or anywhere for that matter. If its so dirty then why dont you Liberals lead by example and bike everywhere you go & put windmills & solar panels on your house & scrap the SUV, the furnace and the Air conditioner. You wont of course which makes the hypocracy of this discussion laughable.

  9. #1429
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    May 4, 2012

    Panetta tells troops misconduct hurts morale, mission


    "The enemy may be losing on the battlefield in Afghanistan, but he is trying to win the public relations war with the help of misconduct among a few U.S. military personnel, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told soldiers Friday."

    "These days, it takes only seconds -- seconds -- for a picture, a photo to suddenly become an international headline. And those headlines can impact the mission that we are engaged in," Panetta said. "It can put your fellow service members at risk. It can hurt morale. It can damage our standing in the world and they can cost lives."

    A report issued this week by the Pentagon noted several "significant shocks" in Afghanistan from October to March, including the release of a video of U.S. Marines urinating on corpses, the inadvertent burning of religious materials by U.S. personnel and the alleged killing of 17 civilians by a lone U.S. soldier.

    Afghan President Hamid Karzai last month condemned photos of U.S. soldiers posing with bodies of suspected insurgents.

    Karzai, who described the images as "inhumane and provocative," said "the only way to put an end to such painful experiences" was to end the presence of foreign forces in Afghanistan."

    Panetta tells troops misconduct hurts morale, mission - CNN
    I'd really like to see Panetta get his ass out there & lead a patrol against the Taliban & show those nasty GI's just how its done, I'm sure he's an expert.

  10. #1430
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Photos show U.S. GIs posing with dead Afghans[W:1146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    You mean that nasty stuff that heats your home & keeps you from freezing to death? Or keeps you from having to walk miles a day just to get to work or the store or anywhere for that matter. If its so dirty then why dont you Liberals lead by example and bike everywhere you go & put windmills & solar panels on your house & scrap the SUV, the furnace and the Air conditioner. You wont of course which makes the hypocracy of this discussion laughable.
    My carbon footprint is less than half the average in the US. If we all used as little oil as I did, we could reach the kind of reductions needed to stop our contribution to climate change, as well as being close to energy independent of foreign oil.
    Last edited by Catawba; 05-07-12 at 01:40 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •