Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If only saying it made it so, you would be a stellar debater. As it stands, however, you can't support your argument. Not that some won't be swayed by a vague and false reference to unspecified posts past.
    My argument is that you are trotting out your sad already debunked little argument again. It has already been debunked and addressed thoroughly in at least two other threads on this topic. Your stance is so puerile that it is basically the assertion that the number of convictions for voter fraud proves there is no voter fraud. At least not enough to justify addressing or doing anything about voter fraud. Yip it is that asinine, you have argued it unsuccessfully before, and you have been shown that there is voter fraud; repeatedly. The last couple of times it was "photo" ID you were on about. Now you have reworked your shtick to include all ID! The stance that there is no voter fraud is just mind numbingly stupid, but despite the fact that you have been over all of this before, you act as if you have not. Like I said, you did a prbauer styled mind wipe on yourself, again. The whole thing is just asinine and as a case in point I offer your own words on that matter:

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Well, that's an arrest -- not a conviction. If connvicted she will likely serve prison time and/or be deported. Seems like a pretty good deterrent to me. And it is one example.

    But we've been through all this before, and at the end of the day there are probably fewer than 100 cases of people being convicted of voter impersonation in the last 30 years. Is it worth spending tens of millions of dollars disenfranchising hundreds of thousands of people to stop a handful of fraudulent votes? No, it isn't. This is only being done to disenfranchise Democratic voters. Same reason Republicans are so hell-bent on killing the unions.
    I seriously suspect the subtle confirmation that I just quoted from you won't even occur to you. I like how you did another typical AdamT ploy and managed to somehow work "union killing" by those evil republicans into a voter id requirements thread. Man the hackery is strong with you.
    Last edited by Gie; 04-18-12 at 09:45 PM.

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What it boils down to is a transparent, disgusting attempt by Republicans to reduce voter turnout among the poor, minorities, and the young. They should be ashamed of themselves, but they don't seem to be capable of experiencing that emotion.
    wait a minute, I am always being told that the smartest and best educated people are democrats and stupid benighted people vote GOP but now I am being told that Dem voters are too dim to get an ID?

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wait a minute, I am always being told that the smartest and best educated people are democrats and stupid benighted people vote GOP but now I am being told that Dem voters are too dim to get an ID?
    Liberals are uber-flexible. They can adapt to every victimhood on a moments notice

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Liberals are uber-flexible. They can adapt to every victimhood on a moments notice
    I don't think it has a thing to do with being liberal as much as to do with just being very young very naive and more than a little dishonest. You want to see some real hackery with super special videos to boot? Check out his "stellar debate" work in this thread starting at #33. He fled it to come to this one to spread more of his special stellar dust. The hackery from danarhea is just a bonus, though you will note it appealed to AdamT as well. So he struck the well known stellar debate tactic of opting to go into an "ignore" trance.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/2012-u...post1060401691
    Last edited by Gie; 04-18-12 at 10:05 PM.

  5. #75
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,984

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What it boils down to is a transparent, disgusting attempt by Republicans to reduce voter turnout among the poor, minorities, and the young. They should be ashamed of themselves, but they don't seem to be capable of experiencing that emotion.
    Here is one for you. I think you stated that voter turnout is dismal in most election. You are stating many do not take the time to vote. Past elections, many States did not require voter ID, yet turnout was poor. So my question to you Dems, if voter ID is required, is it really stopping that many people? By your own statement, they most likely were not going to vote anyway.

    Your stance is pure political bs. Guess Janet N. should be ashamed to require us to show a ID to fly. Why not just sign a paper saying I am who I said I was? What is the big deal?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    I don't think it has a thing to do with being liberal as much as to do with just being very young very naive and more than a little dishonest. You want to see some real hackery with super special videos to boot? Check out his "stellar debate" work in this thread starting at #33. He fled it to come to this one to spread more of his special stellar dust. The hackery from danarhea is just a bonus, though you will note it appealed to AdamT as well. So struck the well known stellar debate tactic of opting to go into an "ignore" trance.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/2012-u...post1060401691
    To be a full-bown liberal is to be ethically deficient to begin with. It has everything to do with their logic, or lack of it, and other failings. That many folks are liberal when young is a given. That they become more Conservative as they age, and become wiser, and realize the value of honor and accountability, is also a given.

    Regardless, to identify oneself as liberal is as to hang a sign on oneself announcing "I am a moron". It works only because our society enables so many morons, and as thus, stupidity is allowed to survive beyond a normal shelf-life as experienced by our Founders. They were very smart men, but they under-estimated the largesse of their fellow man.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    To be a full-bown liberal is to be ethically deficient to begin with. It has everything to do with their logic, or lack of it, and other failings. That many folks are liberal when young is a given. That they become more Conservative as they age, and become wiser, and realize the value of honor and accountability, is also a given.

    Regardless, to identify oneself as liberal is as to hang a sign on oneself announcing "I am a moron". It works only because our society enables so many morons, and as thus, stupidity is allowed to survive beyond a normal shelf-life as experienced by our Founders. They were very smart men, but they under-estimated the largesse of their fellow man.
    To quote Moon Unit Zapa, gag me with a spoon. That is pure dogmatic drivel IMO. For every illogical "liberal" you can show me I can show you two illogical "conservatives"! In fact a number of them at DP come to mind, but I won't mention names. IMO it comes to standards of ethics and intellectual honesty and neither liberals or conservatives hold the corner on that market. I know people and even posters at DP who are both liberal and conservative and everything in between who are more concerned with what the truth is first, politics second. Your talking about stereotypes, but I won't deny there are more than a few of those at DP.
    Last edited by Gie; 04-18-12 at 10:26 PM.

  8. #78
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    To be a full-bown liberal is to be ethically deficient to begin with. It has everything to do with their logic, or lack of it, and other failings. That many folks are liberal when young is a given. That they become more Conservative as they age, and become wiser, and realize the value of honor and accountability, is also a given.

    Regardless, to identify oneself as liberal is as to hang a sign on oneself announcing "I am a moron". It works only because our society enables so many morons, and as thus, stupidity is allowed to survive beyond a normal shelf-life as experienced by our Founders. They were very smart men, but they under-estimated the largesse of their fellow man.
    The terms liberal and Conservative don't actually denote someones intelligence.

    Nor does it denote someones actual beliefs, because a liberal in 1850, is different to a liberal in 1950, is different to a conservative in Canada, is different to a conservative in England etc.

    And it is true that so called "conservatives" like you have tried to turn liberal into a dirty word.

    If one is to stick to what those words mean. Conservative is about maintaining the status quo, and liberal is about challenging that status quo.

    In that case Liberals ended slavery.

    Liberals got women the right to vote.

    Liberals got African Americans the right to vote.

    Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly citizens out of poverty.

    Liberals ended segregation.

    Liberals passed the civil rights act, the voting rights act, the clean water act, the clean air act.

    Liberals created medicare.

    What did the conservatives of their day do? They opposed every single one of those things.

    Now if you've actually been paying attention to what I've been saying, I'm not trying to say Conservatives of today want slavery again, what I'm trying to say is these terms are relative to the time, and place we are in. So when you try to hurl that word around "liberal" as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from.

    It won't work.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The terms liberal and Conservative don't actually denote someones intelligence.

    Nor does it denote someones actual beliefs, because a liberal in 1850, is different to a liberal in 1950, is different to a conservative in Canada, is different to a conservative in England etc.

    And it is true that so called "conservatives" like you have tried to turn liberal into a dirty word.

    If one is to stick to what those words mean. Conservative is about maintaining the status quo, and liberal is about challenging that status quo.

    In that case Liberals ended slavery.

    Liberals got women the right to vote.

    Liberals got African Americans the right to vote.

    Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly citizens out of poverty.

    Liberals ended segregation.

    Liberals passed the civil rights act, the voting rights act, the clean water act, the clean air act.

    Liberals created medicare.

    What did the conservatives of their day do? They opposed every single one of those things.

    Now if you've actually been paying attention to what I've been saying, I'm not trying to say Conservatives of today want slavery again, what I'm trying to say is these terms are relative to the time, and place we are in. So when you try to hurl that word around "liberal" as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from.

    It won't work.
    Wow you managed to one up Eighty Duece. I think you both just made my case.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    To be a full-bown liberal is to be ethically deficient to begin with. It has everything to do with their logic, or lack of it, and other failings. That many folks are liberal when young is a given. That they become more Conservative as they age, and become wiser, and realize the value of honor and accountability, is also a given.

    Regardless, to identify oneself as liberal is as to hang a sign on oneself announcing "I am a moron". It works only because our society enables so many morons, and as thus, stupidity is allowed to survive beyond a normal shelf-life as experienced by our Founders. They were very smart men, but they under-estimated the largesse of their fellow man.
    I have always found that those who call themselves conservatives are in reality nothing more than 18th century liberals who have never learned anything new. They hold to archaic ideas on science, economics, social values, on and on. Worse yet, they enjoy being know-nothings, they pride themselves on not advancing, not improving. Occasionally, they have a bit of self realization and will mouth a new concept, but it is only an act since deep inside they still hold to the old ways. This is particularly apparent when it comes to race.

    The overriding concept for cons is authoritarianism, it is the basis of their beliefs. A male dominated structure where the dominate position is not questioned but where the roles of leader and follower are totally understood and abided by. It is backed by social darwinism and a militant, paranoid sense of fear that feeds itself and leads to self destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •