Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 511 to 519 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Actually, I have no problem with a voter proving there are a citizen of the US and the State, I want only valid citizens voting. I believe this should be done when they register to vote.. To me, a signature is better than any picture. A signature must be produced in real time and cannot be phonied. Picture Id's can be fraudulent, and I seriously doubt the poll person looks at them all that close. And once the picture is shown and put away the evidence is gone. The signature on the roll is the real evidence. My problem with the new laws is that for some reason or other people who have voted for years may get disenfranchised.
    The problem with your problem with new laws is that you are repeating a thoroughly addressed and debunked argument about "may". As we have seen already in this thread and several others you have been lurking about, the promised disenfranchisement of hundreds of thousands of voters has not materialized where these new laws have been enacted. Seriously, someone needs to come in and update or rewrite a 2nd draft of the script, the one that keeps repeating that argument or "concern". Though, good for you pbrauer. You are concerned that something that was promised to happen, but has not, may still somehow someway happen. Because the script says so I suspect. REWRITE!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Here in Oregon we vote by mail. Each ballot is placed into a "secrecy envelope" by the voter and must be signed and that is placed into a mailing envelope which can be either mailed or dropped off at collection place. The signature on each and every ballot is checked against the signature the person used when registering. Since the ballots are in the "secrecy envelope" this can be done before election day. On election day the envelopes are opened and tallied. Ballots are mailed to the voters about to weeks prior to the election.

    I think it is a great system, although the GOP doesn't like it because people are encouraged to vote.

    Vote-by-Mail: The Real Winner Is Democracy (washingtonpost.com)
    Fine article. Bad partisan script read. You forgot the part where the GOP starts trying to kill future voters by sending cyborgs to the past to terminate them.
    Last edited by Gie; 04-26-12 at 04:03 PM.

  2. #512
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'll just stop at the


    Yeah, I did to.

    Someone was crying about a lack of investigation into states with high illegal immigrant populations. Texas Atty. Gen. Greg Abbott (R) spent about a million and a half dollars (while defunding education because they didn't have any money) and found nothing, nada, zilch, zero that would have been thwarted by a photo ID.

    Round and round we go and here years later the proponents still can't produce evidence for justification of a photo ID law. They've now resorted to well 'we can't prove it but we know deep down that it's happening, it's just too hard to prove, so trust us we need it'...LOL. Cons are funny - Funny cons.

    Voting should be encouraged and made easier rather than making our citizens jump through unnecessary hoops to elect their representative.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #513
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Yeah, I did to.

    Someone was crying about a lack of investigation into states with high illegal immigrant populations. Texas Atty. Gen. Greg Abbott (R) spent about a million and a half dollars (while defunding education because they didn't have any money) and found nothing, nada, zilch, zero that would have been thwarted by a photo ID.

    Round and round we go and here years later the proponents still can't produce evidence for justification of a photo ID law. They've now resorted to well 'we can't prove it but we know deep down that it's happening, it's just too hard to prove, so trust us we need it'...LOL. Cons are funny - Funny cons.

    Voting should be encouraged and made easier rather than making our citizens jump through unnecessary hoops to elect their representative.
    Yep, it's become clear to me that unicorns are voting in large numbers. How do I know? It's obvious -- you never see it happen.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #514
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Someone was crying about a lack of investigation into states with high illegal immigrant populations. Texas Atty. Gen. Greg Abbott (R) spent about a million and a half dollars (while defunding education because they didn't have any money) and found nothing, nada, zilch, zero that would have been thwarted by a photo ID.
    That took all of 30 seconds to debunk:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Wz...STQ/edit?pli=1

  5. #515
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That took all of 30 seconds to debunk:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Wz...STQ/edit?pli=1
    And another 30 seconds to half debunk the debunkment. PolitiFact Texas | Greg Abbott claims 50 election fraud convictions since 2002

    So what it looks like is a multi-year, multi-election, $1.5 million investigation that turned up ... *possibly* ... FOUR examples of voter impersonation. My God -- the sky is falling.

    And how many legitimate voters would have been turned away for lack of an approved ID? Certainly in the thousands.....
    Last edited by AdamT; 04-27-12 at 05:49 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #516
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,392

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And another 30 seconds to half debunk the debunkment. PolitiFact Texas | Greg Abbott claims 50 election fraud convictions since 2002

    So what it looks like is a multi-year, multi-election, $1.5 million investigation that turned up ... *possibly* ... FOUR examples of voter impersonation. My God -- the sky is falling.
    wow talk about moving the goalposts,first you want to see proof that voter fraud exists,and everytime evidence is shown you say its not enough foraction.and to top it off you dont seem to believe the sanchez dornan voter fraud scandal was important to the issue.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #517
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,392

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement



    ---
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  8. #518
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    wow talk about moving the goalposts,first you want to see proof that voter fraud exists,and everytime evidence is shown you say its not enough foraction.and to top it off you dont seem to believe the sanchez dornan voter fraud scandal was important to the issue.
    How can you expect an honest debate from someone who's arguing in support of illegal immigration and voter fraud?

    LMAO

  9. #519
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    wow talk about moving the goalposts,first you want to see proof that voter fraud exists,and everytime evidence is shown you say its not enough foraction.and to top it off you dont seem to believe the sanchez dornan voter fraud scandal was important to the issue.
    Mmm, I don't think I ever claimed that it never ever happens. The point is that it happens exceedingly rarely and the cure is more destructive than the disease.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •