Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #431
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    anyone who wastes time proving a valid proof by running around questions is a hack.which you have proven to use adamt
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #432
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    anyone who wastes time proving a valid proof by running around questions is a hack.which you have proven to use adamt
    The only time I seem to waste lately is time spent trying to figure out what in God's name you're trying to say.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #433
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The only time I seem to waste lately is time spent trying to figure out what in God's name you're trying to say.
    well then maybe you should go back to iv league school.

    if i can understand iv league and common man but iv league cant understand the common man,why should they be allowed to represent anything.

    laws were meant to be written by man to be enforced upon man and understood by the common man,if you need to understand the common man you have failed at every aspect of debate.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #434
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    well then maybe you should go back to iv league school.

    if i can understand iv league and common man but iv league cant understand the common man,why should they be allowed to represent anything.

    laws were meant to be written by man to be enforced upon man and understood by the common man,if you need to understand the common man you have failed at every aspect of debate.
    Well, if you're a common man then yes, I haven't a clue what you're trying to say.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #435
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Well, if you're a common man then yes, I haven't a clue what you're trying to say.
    if you dont know what the common man says,not only can you not represent anything in this country,but you would also fail on epic proportions in any political position or any debate,so you effectively admitted your own faults
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #436
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    if you dont know what the common man says,not only can you not represent anything in this country,but you would also fail on epic proportions in any political position or any debate,so you effectively admitted your own faults
    No, I said that, hypothetically speaking, if you are a common man, then I don't know what on earth YOU are trying to get at.

    As far as my argument on photo IDs goes, it could hardly be simpler. There is no evidence that voter impersonation is a serious problem, voter ID laws eliminate magnitudes more legitimate votes than they do illegitimate votes, they are expensive, they inconvience lots of people, and therefore they are a bad idea. If you can't follow that then I think you are well short of common.
    Last edited by AdamT; 04-23-12 at 01:07 AM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #437
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT;1060421942[B
    ]No, I said that, hypothetically speaking, if you are a common man, then I don't know what on earth YOU are trying to get at. [/B]

    As far as my argument on photo IDs goes, it could hardly be simpler. There is no evidence that voter impersonation is a serious problem, voter ID laws eliminate magnitudes more legitimate votes than they do illegitimate votes, they are expensive, they inconvience lots of people, and therefore they are a bad idea. If you can't follow that then I think you are well short of common.

    then you simply cannt understand the common man,might as well be a lobbyist for the rich because atleast you can understand them,but the cvommon man you dont carr to understand,you just care they vote democrat
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  8. #438
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    then you simply cannt understand the common man,might as well be a lobbyist for the rich because atleast you can understand them,but the cvommon man you dont carr to understand,you just care they vote democrat
    I guess I just have a higher opinion of the common man's intelligence than you do.

    But I will say that the more time I spend here the lower my estimation is getting.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #439
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I guess I just have a higher opinion of the common man's intelligence than you do.

    But I will say that the more time I spend here the lower my estimation is getting.
    wel if its getting lower that meant ou assumed everyone was ivy league graduates,which means you are more out of touch with society than romney is
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  10. #440
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    It may not say it...but it does imply it. And there is no "disproportionate" anything for the simple fact that voter ID laws apply to everyone. And the cost...what cost? The ID's are free.
    The ID's are free so it cost absolutely nothing for anyone to get an ID? That's not true. You know it's not true, I know it's not true, almost everyone who's read more than one article on the subject knows it's not true. Getting an ID isn't free for everyone because the ID requires supporting documents that some people don't have and sometimes those supporting documents can be expensive for an individual to acquire. So quit pretending that there's no cost. Ignoring the cost issue isn't winning you points and it sure isn't going to solve the problem.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 04-23-12 at 09:01 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •