Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #421
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it isn't, because no one (like you) asserted that we should do "as much as possible" to ensure driver indentification. Feel free to adjust your premise at any time, though.
    Yes, {ineffective) dear.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #422
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yes, {ineffective) dear.
    Yes, I think you probably didn't mean what you said, but since you haven't seen fit to correct yourself ... we're kind of stuck with your whacky statement.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #423
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    But who outside of you cares what you claim to have noticed? You've had a month and several threads now to make some kind of an argument on this topic, instead of several weak attempts at one. Now that you can't even tell us what you think your argument is supposed to be, and after you ran downstairs and embarrassed yourself, you just keep recycling the same material that got you to this point in the thread. You have not noticed you have made an internet hack of yourself or that each post you add just illustrates that you really don't have anything intelligent to say. Every time someone corrects where you keep getting so much so wrong, you just ignore it and perform another pbrauer styled mind wipe on yourself. Again. Then you "come back" with even weaker smack talk than the pabulum you tried to start a basement thread with. You have not "noticed" that you can't explain to a single poster how a single one of the links to your, what is it now? Your 7 studies that supposedly support the three or four different directions you have tried to take your so called arguments in has not exactly convinced anyone to your moronic POV. You are not even passingly familiar with the conclusions of the "studies" you have copied the urls of. The only thing you really have kind of half assed argued in the last few days now is that voters will be inconvenienced by passing ID laws. And you have completely failed to "notice" that nobody much cares or thinks you have an intelligent point. Much like the never materialized disenfranchisement of hundreds of thousands of voters you keep making a centerpiece of your so called "arguments" following each of your fresh mind wipes, you have not "noticed" that you don't have a point or an argument you can explain or convince anyone is compelling.

    Unfortunately Google Commandos like you always choose to keep arguing and striking furious little poses long past the point where the have proven they are shallow internet harpies.
    Maybe you should start a demented fan club? Or seek professional help. Something along those lines.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Maybe you should start a demented fan club? Or seek professional help. Something along those lines.
    I don't think we could even pay people to join this hypothetical organization. Do you?
    lather rinse repeat adamT.jpg

  5. #425
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    I don't think we could even pay people to join this hypothetical organization. Do you?
    Wow, you do it for free?!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #426
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Wow, you do it for free?!
    dude,nothing else need be said,but dude wtf
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #427
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    dude,nothing else need be said,but dude wtf
    Actually, nothing else needed to be said, period.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Maybe you should start a demented fan club? Or seek professional help. Something along those lines.
    Actually you might be onto something here. So if I was to take up your suggestion and offer the opportunity to DP members to join an AdamT fan club, what do you think the slogan should be? How do you think we should advertise it? We could offer something up a really snazzy slogan start and let all the people who want to be members supply their own submission. A question like,

    "I'm a fan of AdamT because...(fill in the blank)!"


    Like, "I'm a fan of AdamT because he can copy and paste links to vast fields of study he can't tell you a single thing about!"

    Personally, based upon what I see around DP by way of reaction to your post, I don't think anybody will actually be willing to join this AdamT fan club you speculate about. Even if we did offer to pay DP members to join it. Well there is pbrauer, I bet he might join this fan club for yourself that you want us to start for you. But then just you and him would not make much of a "club" now would it? Though I suppose you two could administer your frequent mental enemas, where you both erase anything you might have accidentally learned, on each other instead of yourselves.

    Let's throw it out out there and see what people think. I don't think any membership drive for this "club" will be very successful, but good luck with that.

    "I'm a fan of AdamT, because.............(insert answer here)."
    Last edited by Gie; 04-23-12 at 12:19 AM.

  9. #429
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    How about, "I'm a fan of AdamT because ... well if Gie is so disturbingly, unhealthily obsessed with him, there must be something there, right?"
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #430
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    How about, "I'm a fan of AdamT because ... well if Gie is so disturbingly, unhealthily obsessed with him, there must be something there, right?"
    pretty sure you have that backward Adam you seem to be obsessed with gie
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •