Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #331
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Still waiting AdamT. Got anything yet?
    Read the thread. I've posted two studies at least twice, and the second time I posted those two I posted four or five more.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #332
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Hey Adam, just look at the facts and then tell me what they say to you:

    1. Does voter fraud happen? Yes
    2. Is it proved and prosecuted very often? No.
    3. Is voter fraud difficult to catch? Yes
    4. Even if detected after the fact, is it difficult to catch the person(s) involved? Yes, very difficult.
    5. Is it easy without having to show an ID, to vote under a name other than your own? Yes, as the latest hidden videos have shown.
    6. Has there been wide spread cases of voter registration fraud in recent years? Yes, ACORN has faced legal action in at least 13 states since 2004.
    7. When you combine #5 and #6, would it be easy and low risk to commit voter fraud? Yes.
    8. Is a legal ID required to receive: legal employment, A Pell grant, student loan, college enrollment, welfare assistance, government housing, food stamps, SCHIP benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, ACCESS, subsidized prescription drugs and Social Security retirement/disability benefits? Yes
    9. Does #8 apply to most elderly, poor and young people? Yes
    10. Are those the same groups of people that the left argues will be disenfranchised? Yes


    This is where common sense comes into play, and it says to me quite clearly that requiring a legal ID to vote would substantially protect the integrity of our election process... Something that every American, regardless of political affiliation or ideology, should whole heartedly support. It also tells me that since it's not a hardship requiring a legal ID for all of the benefits listed in #8, it's also not a hardship to require one to vote.

    So using common sense, what does all that information tell you?
    Again, this is pure stupidity. Your argument for ID laws is that voter impersonation is rarely seen.

    Try this instead:

    1. is voter impersonation extraordinarily rare? Yes.
    2. has voter impersonation ever been shown to change the outcome of an election? No.
    3. do voter ID laws disenfranchise millions of people who would otherwise vote? Yes.
    4. accordingly, are these laws an idiotic waste of time and money? Yes.
    5. are they actually nothing more than a transparent attempt to suppress the Democratic vote? YES.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #333
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, this is pure stupidity. Your argument for ID laws is that voter impersonation is rarely seen.

    Try this instead:

    1. is voter impersonation extraordinarily rare? Yes.
    2. has voter impersonation ever been shown to change the outcome of an election? No.
    3. do voter ID laws disenfranchise millions of people who would otherwise vote? Yes.
    4. accordingly, are these laws an idiotic waste of time and money? Yes.
    5. are they actually nothing more than a transparent attempt to suppress the Democratic vote? YES.
    whos more stupid,the person who argues using a negative or the person who counters his argument with another negative?????
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #334
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    whos more stupid,the person who argues using a negative or the person who counters his argument with another negative?????
    The person who constantly missuses terms that he doesn't understand.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #335
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The person who constantly missuses terms that he doesn't understand.
    again with your misunderstandings,not only have you fought to redefine your own words to fit into a definition not even close,you still defy your own mistakes,nice job you would make a model president,they are good at avoiding questions and denying faults as well.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #336
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    again with your misunderstandings,not only have you fought to redefine your own words to fit into a definition not even close,you still defy your own mistakes,nice job you would make a model president,they are good at avoiding questions and denying faults as well.
    You are becoming more incoherent by the minute. Which is saying something....
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #337
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You are becoming more incoherent by the minute. Which is saying something....
    quite impossible,as you have failed to realize your own faults,instead trying to redefine your own words to fit a definition of your choosing.

    expecting people not to notice is incoherent on your part.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  8. #338
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    quite impossible,as you have failed to realize your own faults,instead trying to redefine your own words to fit a definition of your choosing.

    expecting people not to notice is incoherent on your part.
    I'll drop out of this particular line of inquiry as sort of mercy killing, lest you embarrass yourself further.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #339
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'll drop out of this particular line of inquiry as sort of mercy killing, lest you embarrass yourself further.
    you cant embarrass the ignorant and you cant save the poster who lost to the ignorant,therefor i am the lesser of two ignorants and i win
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  10. #340
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,119
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, this is pure stupidity. Your argument for ID laws is that voter impersonation is rarely seen.
    Were the things I listed factual or not? If not please explain... If they were, then your response defies logic.


    As for your list, let me correct it a bit in red:

    Try this instead:

    1. is voter impersonation extraordinarily rare? Yes. False. People getting caught doing it is rare and since catching it is extremely difficult, there is no way to know the frequency in which it takes place.
    2. has voter impersonation ever been shown to change the outcome of an election? No. Since catching it is extremely difficult, there is no way to know whether it has actually effected an elections outcome or not.
    3. do voter ID laws disenfranchise millions of people who would otherwise vote? Yes. False. That is an opinion on your part based on speculation, not something that has been determined factual based on substantive evidence.
    4. accordingly, are these laws an idiotic waste of time and money? Yes. That is another opinion that you based on your previous opinion, neither of which is supported by any factual, concrete evidence.
    5. are they actually nothing more than a transparent attempt to suppress the Democratic vote? YES. That is a baseless accusation motivated by liberal/progressive political beliefs, that's totally vacant of facts or substance.
    As you see, nothing you presented is factual except #2, and it was based on a misleading premise.

    On the other hand, every one of those I listed are absolutely factual except #7, which is a logical conclusion rendered using the known facts and simple common sense.

    You're going to have to do a lot better than that to even come close to resembling someone with a legitimate argument.
    Last edited by Grim17; 04-21-12 at 02:27 AM.

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •