Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #321
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    you didnt respond to anyone directly,you used a false scenario to respond to a real scenario.
    Give it up, man -- you seem to be incapable of grasping the concept.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #322
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Give it up, man -- you seem to be incapable of grasping the concept.
    no so,as you have failed to realise your own fault,even by merriam webster dictionary standards its still a strawman.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  3. #323
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773
    This is just too sad. Cut your loses. Not only is it CLEARLY not a strawman -- it isn't any kind of fallacy. In fact it's a truism.
    Last edited by AdamT; 04-20-12 at 09:26 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #324
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    This is just too sad. Cut your loses. Not only is it CLEARLY not a strawman -- it isn't any kind of fallacy. In fact it's a truism.
    an undoubted or self-evident truth; especially : one too obvious for mention

    straight from merriam webster definition of truism.

    clearly you just keep failing by comparing your statement with things so far off by definition to avoid the closest and most accurate definition,strawman.

    the denial is strong with you.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  5. #325
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773
    It is a truism that DNA is a more reliable identifier than photo ID. It follows that if states should do whatever they can to protect the integrity of elections (Maggie's premise) then they should use DNA rather than IDs.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #326
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It is a truism that DNA is a more reliable identifier than photo ID. It follows that if states should do whatever they can to protect the integrity of elections (Maggie's premise) then they should use DNA rather than IDs.
    dna being more accurate wasnt your argument though,now you seem to think you can redefine your own words to suit your argument,were you hoping no one could go back and retrieve them

    More absurd comments. If you really believe that we're entitled to a system "that does as much as possible to prevent unathorized voting", can I assume you would support a bill that requires everyone in the country to submit a DNA sample, followed by mandatory DNA collection at the polling place? It would probably cost a couple ten billion dollars, but hey, that shouldn't be any consideration if it means eliminating 10 or 20 fraudulent votes, right?

    didnt think i would remember did you.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #327
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sorry, but that is bull****. There are many studies that have looked at voter participation before and after voter ID laws were passed and in fact they do show reduced voter participation after the laws passed in most cases. The effect can be reduced or eliminated by providing free IDs and with the help of voter education campaigns, but those seem to be short-term effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Provide them then. I have yet to see any link that you have posted that wasn't based on speculation or false premises.
    Still waiting AdamT. Got anything yet?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #328
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Still waiting AdamT. Got anything yet?
    Does he ever?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #329
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Hey Adam, just look at the facts and then tell me what they say to you:

    1. Does voter fraud happen? Yes
    2. Is it proved and prosecuted very often? No.
    3. Is voter fraud difficult to catch? Yes
    4. Even if detected after the fact, is it difficult to catch the person(s) involved? Yes, very difficult.
    5. Is it easy without having to show an ID, to vote under a name other than your own? Yes, as the latest hidden videos have shown.
    6. Has there been wide spread cases of voter registration fraud in recent years? Yes, ACORN has faced legal action in at least 13 states since 2004.
    7. When you combine #5 and #6, would it be easy and low risk to commit voter fraud? Yes.
    8. Is a legal ID required to receive: legal employment, A Pell grant, student loan, college enrollment, welfare assistance, government housing, food stamps, SCHIP benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, ACCESS, subsidized prescription drugs and Social Security retirement/disability benefits? Yes
    9. Does #8 apply to most elderly, poor and young people? Yes
    10. Are those the same groups of people that the left argues will be disenfranchised? Yes


    This is where common sense comes into play, and it says to me quite clearly that requiring a legal ID to vote would substantially protect the integrity of our election process... Something that every American, regardless of political affiliation or ideology, should whole heartedly support. It also tells me that since it's not a hardship requiring a legal ID for all of the benefits listed in #8, it's also not a hardship to require one to vote.

    So using common sense, what does all that information tell you?

  10. #330
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    And there you have the right wind ideology in a nutshell -- if they deem you as having failed to meet their standards, then you deserve no rights (to vote, in this instance).
    you probably think that its proper for 10 people on the dole to vote up the forced handouts of the one person who funds those 10? I hate pure democracy for good reasons

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •