Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #211
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    NO you have not. i have explained to you, as have others how easy voter fraud is to commit. And since noone is trying to stop it, they arent getting caught.
    Dude, guess what? Murder is also really easy to commit. I could walk outside my house and murder someone inside of five minutes. But I don't, and in fact hardly anyone does, because the laws against it are an effective deterrent. The same goes for voter fraud. The risk does not justify the reward.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #212
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Milyo is the University of Missouri professor featured in a BRAD BLOG article by Howard Beale earlier this month. The blog featured an enlightening exchange between Milyo and Senator Chuck Schumer during Milyo’s testimony before the U.S. Senate's Committee on Rules and Administration at a hearing to discuss whether photo ID voting laws lead to voter disenfranchisement. As Beale noted, Milyo’s study purported to show that restrictive photo ID voting laws had no adverse effect on voter turnout in 2006 elections in Indiana. Schumer apparently thought it might be instructive to know who commissioned and paid for the study. Milyo said he had received a grant, but hemmed and hawed and couldn’t seem to remember from whom it came.

    As it turned out, Milyo's grant money for his study came from an organization created by Mark F. "Thor" Hearne, the former Bush/Cheney '04 national general counsel, and one of the Republican Party's top operatives behind pushing for such photo ID laws around the country. Hearne was, in fact, instrumental in creating the very Indiana law which Milyo's study claims to show, has caused no voter disenfranchisement in the state."

    The BRAD BLOG : Jeffrey Milyo, Academic for Sale?
    Wow, righteous bust.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #213
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Why did I know that AT would attack the source. So no matter what study or info, guess the dems are always right. or is it left.?
    Truth hurts.
    Last edited by mike2810; 04-19-12 at 05:27 PM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  4. #214
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Why did I know that AT would attack the source? So no matter what study or info, guess the dems are always right. or is it left.?
    Truth hurts.
    Correction: I attacked the source AND the content.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yeah, except I've posted three studies, packed with statistical data that support my argument. You've posted jack **** to support yours.
    Actually no you have not posted three studies packed with statistics that support your argument. You posted one link to a PDF that contains the results of multiple studies and that is a bit of a mixed bag as far as results go. Given that you dismiss out of hand everything shown to you, you really are just interested in stating your obstinate opinion and basically doing the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting nannananabobobo, I can't hear you. Over and over again, and you have been doing this across several threads for over a month.

    Posting links to articles and pieces from the NY Times does not three linked studies packed with stats that support your ever shifting and changing "argument" make.
    Last edited by Gie; 04-19-12 at 05:31 PM.

  6. #216
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Correction: I attacked the source AND the content.
    I stand correct. but the fact remains voter id hurts voting is a myth spoken by the dems/left.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  7. #217
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I stand correct. but the fact remains voter id hurts voting is a myth spoken by the dems/left.
    That would be a lie.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #218
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That would be a lie.
    we are at a stand off. I don't believe in your position, you don't believe mine. I support States who pass voter id laws.

    (and we all know politicans never lie, no matter what party they are from)
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  9. #219
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Worse than blind....
    So by saying the law does not stop me i was actually saying that the law does stop me? Make more sense or give up.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #220
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Dude, guess what? Murder is also really easy to commit. I could walk outside my house and murder someone inside of five minutes. But I don't, and in fact hardly anyone does, because the laws against it are an effective deterrent. The same goes for voter fraud. The risk does not justify the reward.
    Uh. Poor argument. Murders happen. We actively pursue murderers moreso than any other crime. You odds of being caught for murder are much higher than committing voter fraud. Furthermore, are you aware of the number of crimes committed in the United States every year that laws fail to prevent?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •