Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #171
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    there is NO EVIDENCE of a serious voter fraud problem
    It has been shown that voter fraud can easily be committed with a virtually non existent chance of getting caught. That is a serious problem. Try again.
    The answer is obvious: they want to reduce Democratic voter turnout. It couldn't be more obvious
    Unless you are thinking that the democratic voters are not intelligent enough to get an ID, or you think that the democratic turnout relies on fraud then this bill does nothing to reduce Democratic turnout.
    Last edited by Kreton; 04-19-12 at 02:11 PM.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #172
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The overwhelming fact is that there are roughly 234 million Americans eligible to vote. I dont think that any of those 234 million people would be stopped from voting.
    http://jrnetsolserver.shorensteincen...nd-Turnout.pdf

    There is the statistical proof. Obviously it's not a question of someone being LITERALLY incapable of getting an ID. But it's a fact that the more roadblocks you throw up between a potential participant and an activity (voting), the fewer participants you will get. It's backed by statistical evidence as well as common sense.
    Last edited by AdamT; 04-19-12 at 02:13 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #173
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    It has been shown that voter fraud can easily be committed with a virtually non existent chance of getting caught. That is a serious problem. Try again.


    Unless you are thinking that the democratic voters are not intelligent enough to get an ID, or you think that the democratic turnout relies on fraud then this bill does nothing to reduce Democratic turnout.
    Link please.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #174
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    http://jrnetsolserver.shorensteincen...nd-Turnout.pdf

    There is the statistical proof. Obviously it's not a question of someone being LITERALLY incapable of getting an ID. But it's a fact that the more roadblocks you throw up between a potential participant and an activity (voting), the fewer participants you will get. It's backed by statistical evidence as well as common sense.
    So explain the low turnouts without voter ID?
    Voter disinterest seems to be a larger factor imo.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  5. #175
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So explain the low turnouts without voter ID?
    Voter disinterest seems to be a larger factor imo.
    Maybe you should start a different thread, because that has nothing to do with the topic.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #176
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    http://jrnetsolserver.shorensteincen...nd-Turnout.pdf

    There is the statistical proof. Obviously it's not a question of someone being LITERALLY incapable of getting an ID. But it's a fact that the more roadblocks you throw up between a potential participant and an activity (voting), the fewer participants you will get. It's backed by statistical evidence as well as common sense.
    Considering that the vast majority of adult in the United States have some form of government ID its really not a road block to most. Common sense would tell you that if a person is too lazy to get up to get an ID they probably arent getting up to go vote. But any of that is irrelvant. You are claiming that voter ID laws prevent people from voting. Are you demoting your argument to voter id laws discourage voting? those are two separate arguments.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #177
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Link please.
    You've been shown it before.

    O’Keefe Releases New Voter ID Video About Eric Holder | Video | TheBlaze.com

    There ya go again.

    Furthermore, I can register as my brother and go vote for him right now. Nothing stops me.

    I can go out and give $10 to 1,000 people to not show up to vote and go vote for them.

    There is no way I would get caught.

    Voter fraud is rediculously simple.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #178
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Maybe you should start a different thread, because that has nothing to do with the topic.
    It has everything to do with your argument. You are saying that voter ID laws would prevent voting, then you changed it to discourage. And your saying that proof that voters are already discouraged is irrlevant? I hate to be the one to break it to you but you don't get to pick and choose your evidence or facts. It is all pertinent.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #179
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Voter fraud is rediculously simple.
    Yes it is, and the liberals/democrats are doing everything in their power to keep it that way. The ends always justify the means with the left, even if they have to lie, cheat or steal to reach them...

  10. #180
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Maybe you should start a different thread, because that has nothing to do with the topic.
    Ah but it does. Have you not taken the stance that voter ID would keep some people from voting? My point, they are not voting now. So requiring an ID would have little impact on the non voters. Those that take the time to vote would come up with an ID, if it is part of the process.
    Last edited by mike2810; 04-19-12 at 02:58 PM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •