Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #141
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    generally voter participation does not fall immediately when these laws are passed because they are attended with a lot of publicity, education campaigns, and concerted efforts to register voters. But after a couple of years those efforts fade and the voter participation rate starts to slide.
    So what your saying is, according to those studies there is no problem the first couple of years (aka, no disenfranchisement) but for some reason after those first 2 years, voter participation drops off.

    If there is no disenfranchisement the first few years, then voter ID's don't cause disenfranchisement period. It sounds to me like voters were either are less enthusiastic about those particular elections, or simply too lazy to get off their asses and vote.

    Indiana democrats couldn't produce even 1 disenfranchised voter in their effort to have SCOTUS over turn their voter ID law, and a study on the voter ID law in Georgia showed that the law has had no effect on voter turn out and only a very, very small percentage of registered voters didn't have the proper ID and had to obtain one anyway.

    Conclusion: The whole "disenfranchisement" argument is nothing but a steaming crock of democratic crap, designed to cover up the real reason they oppose voter ID's. We all know what that reason is and it's an American disgrace.

  2. #142
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I took away the only talking point you had and left you speechless. It's about damned time.
    You posted a useless tautology and tried to pretend it was an argument. SUPER weak.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Thank you for finally providing something other than references to nonexistent arguments that you claim to have made in the past -- even if the article is a partisan hack piece published by the wingnut Heritage Foundation!

    Basically the meat of the article focuses on a 40-year-old NY grand jury investigation that resulted in no convictions. For some reason the author would not provide a copy of the investigation, but it eventually came out and, of course, it turns out that almost all of the alleged fraud would not have been stopped by a photo ID law, and in fact the vast majority of it would be caught now due to changes in election procedures:



    1984 New York Grand Jury Report on Voter Fraud Now Available | Election Law Blog
    Round and round he goes, like some kind of mind washing machine for dishonest hackish morons. Circles within circles, like a broken whirlygig.
    lather rinse repeat adamT.jpg
    Last edited by Gie; 04-19-12 at 12:54 PM.

  4. #144
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    So what your saying is, according to those studies there is no problem the first couple of years (aka, no disenfranchisement) but for some reason after those first 2 years, voter participation drops off.
    Sometimes the dropoff is immediate, but it can be ameliorated by making the IDs free (at taxpayer expense), implementing an educational campaign to make voters aware of the requirements (at taxpayer expense), and by voter registration drives aimed at minimizing the impact of the laws. But once the educational campaign ends and the ramped up effort to register voters fades, the laws result in a significant decrease in voter participation. So again, a lot of wated time and money to address a non-problem.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #145
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    Round and round he goes, like some kind of mind washing machine for dishonest hackish morons. Circles within circles, like a broken whirlygig.
    And yet another stupid, non-responsive word fart from Gie. Where it stops, nobody knows....

    And you wonder why people don't respond to you?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And yet another stupid, non-responsive word fart from Gie. Where it stops, nobody knows....

    And you wonder why people don't respond to you?
    I have no problem with people responding to me, least of all morons responding to me saying nobody responds to me. That non existent "issue" really changes the basic fact that you post like a dishonest cretin who performs routine mental enemas upon himself over and over again, now does it not?
    triple_facepalm.jpg
    Well, no it does not. Imagine that.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You posted a useless tautology and tried to pretend it was an argument. SUPER weak.
    Because Adam says so. The guy doesn't have a valid argument so he resorts to saying things like super weak. and And yet another stupid, non-responsive word fart. He has resorted to the arguments of a 10 year old. I think you guys have once again beaten the baby into submission. Kudos.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Because Adam says so. The guy doesn't have a valid argument so he resorts to saying things like super weak. and And yet another stupid, non-responsive word fart. He has resorted to the arguments of a 10 year old. I think you guys have once again beaten the baby into submission. Kudos.
    Don't worry, he will simply..............
    lather rinse repeat adamT.jpg

  9. #149
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    I have no problem with people responding to me, least of all morons responding to me saying nobody responds to me. That non existent "issue" really changes the basic fact that you post like a dishonest cretin who performs routine mental enemas upon himself over and over again, now does it not?
    Well, no it does not. Imagine that.
    Dumb de dumb....

    Do you have any response to my criticism of the Heritage Foundation article you posted, or are you planning to continute posting nothing but simpleminded ad hominem to divert attention from your pathetic source?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #150
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Because Adam says so. The guy doesn't have a valid argument so he resorts to saying things like super weak. and And yet another stupid, non-responsive word fart. He has resorted to the arguments of a 10 year old. I think you guys have once again beaten the baby into submission. Kudos.
    Looks like the peanut gallery is filling up. What Maggie wrote was a pure tautology (ID laws are good because ... IT'S OBVIOUS!). Try to come up with something worth reading.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •