Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #121
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sure....



    Want more?
    awesome video but i am gonna bookmark it because someone is going to demand to see proof again,like always
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Here's another one with dead people voting. Now I'm not so concerned with the 900+ that were caught by officials. However there is also a segment where it wasn't the officials that caught it...but college students. Makes one wonder just how many dead people get away with voting.... The part with with college students starts at 1:19

    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #123
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sure....



    Want more?
    Yes, I would definitely want a lot more than that. Despite the "shocked" tone of the reporters, it appears that their investigation only turned up one illegal alien who voted (actually she doesn't even have an accent -- is she illegal?), and there's no reason to think that a photo ID law would have prevented it. This is another case where the problem seems to stem from something else (Florida's motor voter law). Nor can we be sure that the one illegal who allegedly voted actually voted. Do you think it's possible that ... wait for it ... there could be two people with the same name?!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #124
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Here's another one with dead people voting. Now I'm not so concerned with the 900+ that were caught by officials. However there is also a segment where it wasn't the officials that caught it...but college students. Makes one wonder just how many dead people get away with voting.... The part with with college students starts at 1:19

    Can we see the actual results of the investigation? Because these sorts of claims are made all the time, and 99% of the time they turn out to be false. Let's look at the state's initial inquiry into the supposed dead voter scandal:

    Oop -- looks like another epic fail!

    The State Election Commission said Thursday that 95 percent of the 207 allegedly dead people who voted in the 2010 general election either were alive and cast ballots legally or did not vote.

    But, citing limited manpower and money, the commission said its review of zombie voters did not include 696 other allegedly dead voters whom some state officials say cast ballots in elections before 2010.

    ...

    Of its review of the 207 contested votes cast in 2010, the commission found:

    • 106 votes were clerical errors by poll workers – mistakes like marking John Doe Sr. instead of John Doe Jr.

    • 56 votes were “bad data matching” – meaning the state Department of Motor Vehicles, which raised concerns about zombie voters, was wrong in assuming the voters were dead.

    • 32 votes were “voter participation errors,” meaning someone was credited as voting in an election when they did not, most likely because of a stray mark on the voter rolls that was electronically scanned to record a voter’s participation.

    • Three ballots were cast absentee by voters who died before Election Day.

    The Election Commission said it had “insufficient information” to explain the 10 contested votes because:

    • In seven cases, the voters’ signatures on poll records could not be matched to “another voter.”

    • In two cases, the poll list is missing “making it impossible to match the signature with another person.”

    • In one case, the voter’s signature appeared to match a voter in another precinct “but could not be verified.”


    The State | 02/24/2012 | Election Commission: No evidence of voter fraud
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #125
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    So now you want "long term" studies as versus realistic ones based upon as you said earlier, the "reality" that the only studies available owing to actual TIME in the real world, completely debunk you? So what, you can perform yet another mental enema upon yourself and just regurgitate your sad little shtick? How about we let you drag it out some more, pose as if you have not been shown these studies ever and there weally weally are not links or evidence of this at all? Is that what you want to do now? Do let me know, this is like clubbing baby seals.

    Once again, in the second thread today, despite the fact you claim I am ignoring you and your various "arguments" the essential fact escapes your all seeing eye, that you are actually responding to and conversing with a person who is supposedly ignoring you and not calling out your hackish BS. I also find something funny, not only do you liberally borrow pbrauer's mental mind wipe enema penchant that resets your "hard drive" to baby like ignorant over and over, but you also are lifting his "I have not seen it" brain fart following your internal mental reset each time you exit a thread about this topic too. I think what you meant to say was you have yet to see "it" in this loop, ya know since you erased everything you were shown, linked and exposed to in the last one? Yeah, it gets kind of loopy spinning all the time huh?
    Blah blah blah. Where are those studies you claim you posted?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The terms liberal and Conservative don't actually denote someones intelligence.

    Nor does it denote someones actual beliefs, because a liberal in 1850, is different to a liberal in 1950, is different to a conservative in Canada, is different to a conservative in England etc.

    And it is true that so called "conservatives" like you have tried to turn liberal into a dirty word.

    If one is to stick to what those words mean. Conservative is about maintaining the status quo, and liberal is about challenging that status quo.

    In that case Liberals ended slavery.

    Liberals got women the right to vote.

    Liberals got African Americans the right to vote.

    Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly citizens out of poverty.

    Liberals ended segregation.

    Liberals passed the civil rights act, the voting rights act, the clean water act, the clean air act.

    Liberals created medicare.

    What did the conservatives of their day do? They opposed every single one of those things.

    Now if you've actually been paying attention to what I've been saying, I'm not trying to say Conservatives of today want slavery again, what I'm trying to say is these terms are relative to the time, and place we are in. So when you try to hurl that word around "liberal" as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from.

    It won't work.
    I have never seen such a long list of liberal delusion and revisionist history, impressive.

  7. #127
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I have never seen such a long list of liberal delusion and revisionist history, impressive.
    What you're seeing, through goggles of partisan hackery, is the official results of the South Carolina Election Commission investigation. You didn't recognize it, probably, because it's reality.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #128
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Can we see the actual results of the investigation? Because these sorts of claims are made all the time, and 99% of the time they turn out to be false. Let's look at the state's initial inquiry into the supposed dead voter scandal:

    Oop -- looks like another epic fail!
    Your own article says that the investigation is not complete yet you're tossing it in here as if its a done deal.

    Yep...epic fail alright, by you.

    Not to mention you totally ignored what I was actually concerned about. Which was the college students finding dead people voting.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, I would definitely want a lot more than that. Despite the "shocked" tone of the reporters, it appears that their investigation only turned up one illegal alien who voted (actually she doesn't even have an accent -- is she illegal?), and there's no reason to think that a photo ID law would have prevented it. This is another case where the problem seems to stem from something else (Florida's motor voter law). Nor can we be sure that the one illegal who allegedly voted actually voted. Do you think it's possible that ... wait for it ... there could be two people with the same name?!
    Two people of the same name, sure its always possible. I know there are lots of John Smiths in the country. But two people with the same address? Highly unlikely.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #130
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, I absolutely guarantee you that you can't. I've posted three studies on the subject of voter ID. Now you post your three studies showing that voter impersonation is, one, a real problem, and two, a problem that voter ID laws can fix.



    No studies are needed. Having to prove you're who you say you are is so basic that the left's demand for "proof" -- which they systematically criticize, claim they want more, and ignore -- is nothing more than crying, "Ohhhhhh, but the chilllllllldren!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Is it really hard to see reality? Because if you look at reality, you will see that these laws are almost universally sponsored by Republicans, and Republican lobbying groups like ALEC, and they are almost universally opposed by Democrats. Do you really, honestly believe that Democrats don't care about voter fraud?
    No, I don't think Democrats who oppose voter i.d. care about voter fraud one bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I would rather have a large number of eligible voters vote and accept a tiny fraction of fraud rather than a sizable number of eligible voters not voting with little or no change in the fraud.
    I'd much rather rest comfortably in the notion that we're doing what we can to make sure we don't disenfranchise the votes of those who are legitimately entitled to vote.
    I wouldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And the Indiana officials who supported the law couldn't find a single example of voter impersonation in the entire history of Indiana elections. Imagine that.
    Who cares? This is the obstacle the left always throws up when voter i.d. is brought up. Explain to me how you would "find" an example of impersonation if no one is required to produce an i.d.? Perhaps it's that a poll worker has to say, "Hey, wait a minute. I know John Smith. You're not John Smith." Gimme a break.

    And in states where some studies show that voter participation goes down? Prove to me that's not an indication of voter fraud being stopped in its tracks. The whole idea of requiring voter i.d.'s is to lessen participation -- participation by frauds.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •