Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #101
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    That's because democrats don't want the ability for illegal aliens, convicted felons, dead people and Disney characters taken away from them... And lets not forget how much they would miss multiple voting.
    Yep, and we all know that Repubicans would never cheat *cough*Watergate*cough*Bush v Gore*cough*photo ID laws.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #102
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Do you have a shred of evidence to support the premise that Democrats cheat more than Republicans? Save yourself some time and start with Watergate.
    No I don't... But since I never said that they did, exactly why would I want to post any evidence of it?

    All I know is, Republicans/conservatives want to protect the integrity of the American election process by requiring ID's to vote, and Democrats/liberals oppose it... Anyone with a lick of common sense can figure out why.

  3. #103
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yep, and we all know that Repubicans would never cheat *cough*Watergate*cough*Bush v Gore*cough*photo ID laws.
    Nice try, but it still doesn't change the fact that the right wants an honest election, and the left will have none of it.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    No I don't... But since I never said that they did, exactly why would I want to post any evidence of it?
    Well it would help him stuff his strawman if you would pretend that you did say something like that. He is hard at work now trying to drag Watergate into a thread about voter ID. The hackery is strong with this one.

  5. #105
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Nice try, but it still doesn't change the fact that the right wants an honest election, and the left will have none of it.
    As I mentioned above, photo ID laws have absolutely nothing to do with fair elections. In fact they make elections FAR less fair insofar as they disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of people in order to stop a handful of fraudulent votes. Wait, I have an idea to stop 100% of election fraud! Let's just not have any more elections!
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #106
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Nice try, but it still doesn't change the fact that the right wants an honest election, and the left will have none of it.
    Begging the question again.....implied that that the elections are not "honest".

    I would rather have a large number of eligible voters vote and accept a tiny fraction of fraud rather than a sizable number of eligible voters not voting with little or no change in the fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #107
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    In fact they make elections FAR less fair insofar as they disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of people in order to stop a handful of fraudulent votes.
    And yet the Democrats that took the Indiana law to the Supreme Court in order to have it over turned, couldn't find as much as one person that had been disenfranchised... Imagine that.

  8. #108
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Begging the question again.....implied that that the elections are not "honest".

    I would rather have a large number of eligible voters vote and accept a tiny fraction of fraud rather than a sizable number of eligible voters not voting...
    Me too... Good thing the voter ID law doesn't prevent anyone from voting.

  9. #109
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    And yet the Democrats that took the Indiana law to the Supreme Court in order to have it over turned, couldn't find as much as one person that had been disenfranchised... Imagine that.
    And the Indiana officials who supported the law couldn't find a single example of voter impersonation in the entire history of Indiana elections. Imagine that.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #110
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As I mentioned above, photo ID laws have absolutely nothing to do with fair elections. In fact they make elections FAR less fair insofar as they disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of people in order to stop a handful of fraudulent votes. Wait, I have an idea to stop 100% of election fraud! Let's just not have any more elections!
    The scarecrow called he wants you to quit knocking him ass over teakettle so you can make a bad argument.

    We dont know how much fraudulent voting goes on because there is very little effort made in prosecuting it unless its so blatant it cant be ignored. So how much fraud would be prevented is not something that is easily measured, despite what you may believe.

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •