Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 519

Thread: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

  1. #91
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    Thanks DiAnna, for helping get the box cars back on the track. But..............................

    When you mention Loretta Sanchez and fraud, in addition to the Doran election, well that opens a whole new can of worms!
    Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) Caught in Multiple Scandals; Sex & Voter Fraud
    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    And speaking of voter fraud convictions, here is a dosey of a case. And it even has a Doran/Gingrich connection. Happy reading!

    Activist Nativo Lopez pleads guilty to voter fraud - Total Buzz - The Orange County Register : The Orange County Register
    You make the assumption that the only thing people who want voter i.d. cards are interested in is Democratic votes. It's any and all illegal votes. Is it so hard to understand this isn't a partisan thing? I guess it must be.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You make the assumption that the only thing people who want voter i.d. cards are interested in is Democratic votes. It's any and all illegal votes. Is it so hard to understand this isn't a partisan thing? I guess it must be.
    Actually no I don't and I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion. Though to me it is not a partisan thing, it is for a lot of DP members.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is rather stupid. Its you lefties who crave a big powerful centralized government. most of us real conservatives want as small a government as possible.

    You are the sheep not us
    We want a govt that protects our INDIVIDUAL rights from those that want to destroy them...but they keep trying new ways, so the laws expand. If those who destroy would instead evolve and respect others, the need for these increasing sets of laws would not be needed.

    And again, RW authoritarianism requires the followers. Read Altemeyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #94
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We want a govt that protects our INDIVIDUAL rights from those that want to destroy them...but they keep trying new ways, so the laws expand. If those who destroy would instead evolve and respect others, the need for these increasing sets of laws would not be needed.

    And again, RW authoritarianism requires the followers. Read Altemeyer.
    And again, some liberals will make up the craziest crap to try and cover up the fact that they oppose voter ID laws because it stops them from cheating.

  5. #95
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Sorry. Don't want studies. Want proof. Want headlines. And then we'll duel -- 'cause I can match your studies/match your headlines that voter fraud is alive and well in the good ole' U.S.A.
    No, I absolutely guarantee you that you can't. I've posted three studies on the subject of voter ID. Now you post your three studies showing that voter impersonation is, one, a real problem, and two, a problem that voter ID laws can fix.



    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #96
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,644

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We want a govt that protects our INDIVIDUAL rights from those that want to destroy them...but they keep trying new ways, so the laws expand. If those who destroy would instead evolve and respect others, the need for these increasing sets of laws would not be needed.

    And again, RW authoritarianism requires the followers. Read Altemeyer.
    yeah except your concept of individual rights tend to ignore the ones recognized in the constitution.

    YOur concept of rights tend to be affirmative claims on the time and wealth of others

  7. #97
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I sure as hell can, and it was 20 years ago. In Orange County, California, Loretta Sanchez challenged sitting congressman Bob Dornan. Voter fraud was alleged, investigated, and hundreds of fraudulent ballots were identified. There was much hand-wringing over what to do, with various congressional calls to negate the results of the election. In the end, after months of investigation, it was decided that although there could have been thousands of illegal votes cast, mathematically they would not change the results of the election after counting the votes that could not be declared as illegal.

    I remember this because it was in my district at the time, and I had voted for Sanchez so I did not want the election overturned. But yeah, fraud exists. It existed back then and it exists now.

    Not much computerized because it was so long ago, but google if you want. Can't vouch for this source, but it talks about the case: Sound Politics: The Sour Lesson Of Bob Dornan's Defeat
    I never claimed that there is no voter fraud. But your example doesn't support your argument as it involved absentee ballots, and like almost all voter fraud it is not something that would have been prevented by these photo ID laws. See, that's another way that you can tell that Republican politicians don't really give a **** about voter fraud. It happens, but almost all of it is the result of manipulation of ballots by poll workers and fraudulent absentee ballots. So why aren't those issues being addressed? Why is all this effort being expended on a type of fraud that is virtually nonexistent? Pretty simple, really. Photo ID laws reduce Democratic participation.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #98
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You make the assumption that the only thing people who want voter i.d. cards are interested in is Democratic votes. It's any and all illegal votes. Is it so hard to understand this isn't a partisan thing? I guess it must be.
    Is it really hard to see reality? Because if you look at reality, you will see that these laws are almost universally sponsored by Republicans, and Republican lobbying groups like ALEC, and they are almost universally opposed by Democrats. Do you really, honestly believe that Democrats don't care about voter fraud?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #99
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    And again, some liberals will make up the craziest crap to try and cover up the fact that they oppose voter ID laws because it stops them from cheating.
    Do you have a shred of evidence to support the premise that Democrats cheat more than Republicans? Save yourself some time and start with Watergate.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #100
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Appeals Court Upholds Arizona's Voter ID Requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Is it really hard to see reality? Because if you look at reality, you will see that these laws are almost universally sponsored by Republicans, and Republican lobbying groups like ALEC, and they are almost universally opposed by Democrats. Do you really, honestly believe that Democrats don't care about voter fraud?
    That's because democrats don't want the ability for illegal aliens, convicted felons, dead people and Disney characters taken away from them... And lets not forget how much they would miss multiple voting.

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •