Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 358

Thread: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    feel free to revolt. I get tired of implied threats. Lets party

    I agree, also include in that the teabaggers who have done the same thing with implied threats.

  2. #232
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wow....dude.....who was in power? They were Monarchies.
    Your point?...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    YOu can keep waiting. Until you learn what you are talking about and go back and read what i am talking about, like i said before, i am done discussing this with you.
    You have no proof to back your flat tax claims, you are wrong on the effect of a flat tax on middle earners (it would more than double their tax rate) and you don't understand where the top earners are making their incomes from.

    I can understand why you won't debate me, you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You have no proof to back your flat tax claims, you are wrong on the effect of a flat tax on middle earners (it would more than double their tax rate) and you don't understand where the top earners are making their incomes from.

    I can understand why you won't debate me, you can't.
    I am not debating you until you go back and read what I am posting about. Say what you want you are not going to hurt my feelings any. Let me know when you've read up on what I have already said then we can talk. Until then there is no point.
    Last edited by Kreton; 04-17-12 at 07:11 PM.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #235
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is lots of research on the ills of wealth inequality, just because you are not aware of it does not mean it does not exist.

    When wealth inequality gets bad enough, things go very bad, ie the French Revolution, Russian Revolution....
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, those two events fixed the wealth inequality problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh, you equate "cause" with "cure".

    That is kinda messed up...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What is messed up, is that you think the French and Soviet Revolutions were revolts against rich folks, when in actuality, they were revolts against greedy governments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wow....dude.....who was in power? They were Monarchies.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your point?...........
    I'll let it sink in....then get back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I am not debating you until you go back and read what I am posting about. Say what you want you are not going to hurt my feelings any. Let me know when you've read up on what I have already said then we can talk. Until then there is no point.
    If you think I missed anything in what we discussed, then show it.

    You have been constantly in error on the flat tax, it's effect on income inequality, the amount of taxes on middle earners, you can't prove that a flat tax decreases wealth inequality....it just goes on and on...even simple things like reading an article when I give you alternate sources.

    Again, it is up to you to defend yourself, I won't go back and do it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you think I missed anything in what we discussed, then show it.

    You have been constantly in error on the flat tax, it's effect on income inequality, the amount of taxes on middle earners, you can't prove that a flat tax decreases wealth inequality....it just goes on and on...even simple things like reading an article when I give you alternate sources.

    Again, it is up to you to defend yourself, I won't go back and do it for you.
    I have not been in error on anything.

    I'll make it very simple for you, at least it will be simple if you have actually read what I have been writing about for 24 pages.

    What is it you think I'd like to see happen with the current tax system? When has it ever even been attempted and failed? How exactly would it have a negative effect on income inequality?

    I dont need to defend anything. I am ready to discuss it when you actually know what I am talking about. Until then, we have nothing to discuss. Its all right here in this thread if you genuinely want to know.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #238
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I have not been in error on anything.

    I'll make it very simple for you, at least it will be simple if you have actually read what I have been writing about for 24 pages.

    What is it you think I'd like to see happen with the current tax system? When has it ever even been attempted and failed? How exactly would it have a negative effect on income inequality?

    I dont need to defend anything. I am ready to discuss it when you actually know what I am talking about. Until then, we have nothing to discuss. Its all right here in this thread if you genuinely want to know.
    Again, you are asking me to support your arguments, I won't. I have countered your arguments, you cannot show anything to back your claims after repeated requests. Now you are asking the same questions of me that have already been answered, so why would my answering them again a second time do any good. You want me to go back, but here you are repeating what has already been debated. I know this game, it played on forums like this where comments get buried, where a poster can ask the same thing again and act as if it has not been covered.

    I already showed how it causes increased inequality, you won't back your claim that a flat tax decreases inequality in wealth. You have not shown it in this thread, you have provided nothing to back your claim.

    Beyond this, you are totally wrong on the effect of a flat 30% on middle earners. It doubles their tax rate. It is worse for lower income earners, it triples their tax rate. This proves without my showing you documentation that it makes wealth inequality greater.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-17-12 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #239
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'll let it sink in....then get back to me.
    You're not going to debate me, because you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    How exactly would it have a negative effect on income inequality?
    On income equality, it wouldn't because people will have the same amount taken out. However, after all that's said and done, the poor will have an even lower % of disposable income while the rich will have a much higher % of disposable income due to a flat tax. That will lead to an even greater gap in classes which would be a negative effect.

    The main people that would benefit from a flat tax is the rich.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •