Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 358

Thread: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

  1. #191
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    I cant read that.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #192
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    looks like you were arguing for 15%:



    Regardless of what flat rate you want to charge EVERYONE, a flat tax INCREASES the WEALTH INEQUALITY in a state. I just got done showing you that with the minor progressive levels we have now has caused GREATER wealth inequality than what we experienced when the top marginal rates were higher.

    You still won't show any evidence that a flat tax reduces wealth inequality.
    Clearly you are not reading my posts. Go back and read buddy. I have been saying 30% across the board repeatedly.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #193
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    A key to a healthy economy is generating money via taxes. How is this that hard to understand?
    You don't understand that wealth inequality creates an unhealthy society.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I cant read that.
    Then go to the source. I now know that you did not read the NYT article I linked to.

    Are you every going to show the a flat tax reduces wealth inequality?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    A flat national sales tax would tax 80 to 100% of middle class income because they spend 80 to 100% of what they make.
    it is the opposite of what we need to have a healthy economy. Without a healthy growing economy revenues will decrease and the debt will increase no matter what we do.
    The majority of the middle class already pays closer to 30% than any other class in our country. The only thing putting a flat tax in place would do would bring the other classes closer to what they middle class already deals with. The revenue they are spending would barely be affected.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #196
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Clearly you are not reading my posts. Go back and read buddy. I have been saying 30% across the board repeatedly.
    Repeat....
    Regardless of what flat rate you want to charge EVERYONE, a flat tax INCREASES the WEALTH INEQUALITY in a state. I just got done showing you that with the minor progressive levels we have now has caused GREATER wealth inequality than what we experienced when the top marginal rates were higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You don't understand that wealth inequality creates an unhealthy society.
    You are failing to explain how a flat tax would create any type of wealth inequality. Until you can do that, your are arguing something that isnt being said. If anything a flat tax would bridge that gap.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #198
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Repeat....
    You saying it doesnt make it true. You have shown nothing.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #199
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You are failing to explain how a flat tax would create any type of wealth inequality. Until you can do that, your are arguing something that isnt being said. If anything a flat tax would bridge that gap.
    I have many times already said to you that even with the progressive system we have now, we are experiencing GREATER wealth inequality, it is worse that when the progressiveness was GREATER. Your argument is that a flat tax would be better at counteracting wealth inequality even though it flies in the face of our own experience and the experience of the rest of the world. I gave you a NYT article addressing this very point...and you won't read it.

    And after repeated requests to provide anything showing your claim that it would decreases wealth inequality, you show NOTHING....while requesting that I prove my point....when I already have.

    Do you really think those in favor of a flat tax want to implement it to DECREASE their wealth inequality? Forbes?
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-17-12 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    you saying it doesnt make it true. You have shown nothing.
    lol....you won't read anything i link to.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •