Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 358

Thread: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

  1. #161
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    So charge everyone a flat rate. 15% gets you about 1.3 trillion straight up revenue.
    Thats what I have been saying for years and multiple times in this thread.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #162
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,875

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Thats what I have been saying for years and multiple times in this thread.
    Well then lets get this thing done. Call your Congressman.

    Ah, yes, the proverbial roadblock.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I disagree. Everything should be equal. If you want to charge the rich X % you should be prepared to do that same.
    That only allows a widening of wealth inequality. That creates a huge number of societal problems, no modern state does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Well then lets get this thing done. Call your Congressman.

    Ah, yes, the proverbial roadblock.
    I dont think very many in congress work with the best interest of the country in mind. Sadly partisan politics is far more important that the betterment of our country.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #165
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That only allows a widening of wealth inequality. That creates a huge number of societal problems, no modern state does this.
    Just because no modern states do it doesnt mean it wouldnt work. It would generate massive amounts of income for our country, and would be fair to everyone in the country. I don't see the down side to it.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #166
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Just because no modern states do it doesnt mean it wouldnt work. It would generate massive amounts of income for our country, and would be fair to everyone in the country. I don't see the down side to it.
    There is lots of research on the ills of wealth inequality, just because you are not aware of it does not mean it does not exist.

    When wealth inequality gets bad enough, things go very bad, ie the French Revolution, Russian Revolution....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #167
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is lots of research on the ills of wealth inequality, just because you are not aware of it does not mean it does not exist.

    When wealth inequality gets bad enough, things go very bad, ie the French Revolution, Russian Revolution....
    Yeah, those two events fixed the wealth inequality problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, those two events fixed the wealth inequality problem.
    Oh, you equate "cause" with "cure".

    That is kinda messed up...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Go back. Look really really hard and show me where I said I want to raise taxes on one group. When you give up please do admit you are wrong. I'll be here waiting.
    Well then ...........
    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    ....... In any case, the same across the board is not happening. Neither side will agree to that it seems and it is not coming any time soon. While the buffet rule is not perfect it is a step in the right direction.
    That was not hard

  10. #170
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, those two events fixed the wealth inequality problem.
    Actually, they did lead to the change.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •