Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 358

Thread: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

  1. #101
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You did misread that part, it was stated strictly for CONSERVATIVES.

    No, you are whining about having to pay more when you are afforded more.

    Afforded more? I earn every dime I get. You or the government don't earn me money, I earn me money... What will you personally benefit from by taxing the rich more to the tune of 40 billion a year?

    @ the dependent class.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #102
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It didn't go over my head, you were just showing your partisan hackery at that moment. You're forgiven my left wing friend.

    Partisan hackery? I think you should at least apply relevant insults, partisanism has nothing to do with it my dependent class friend.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's nonsense, look at what TNE stated, regarding 2013... he thinks only I will have to pay. but in one year, when all these taxes come back and the average family is paying 3k or so more a year, in one year, they will collect over 500 billion. 40 billion in one year, is not about reducing the deficit, but class warfare election year politics.
    Yes, Rev, you may get an increase in taxes, however, if you are indeed as well off as you claim it won't harm you like it would harm families currently struggling just to make rent.

    I have also mentioned decriminalization, welfare reform, and education for jobs that will also add.

    You only look at taxes, that's funny.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    edit: misread that one.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-17-12 at 02:02 PM.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's nonsense, look at what TNE stated, regarding 2013... he thinks only I will have to pay. but in one year, when all these taxes come back and the average family is paying 3k or so more a year, in one year, they will collect over 500 billion. 40 billion in one year, is not about reducing the deficit, but class warfare election year politics.
    No its not class warfare. Thats just a catch phrase. Other than the fact that Obama is for it, do you actually have a reason for not wanting people to pay taxes?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #106
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, Rev, you may get an increase in taxes, however, if you are indeed as well off as you claim it won't harm you like it would harm families currently struggling just to make rent.
    True, I won't even notice. However, neither will "struggling people trying to make rent".... that's the point, you fail to grasp. you won't be getting any of my money no matter how much they take.



    I have also mentioned decriminalization, welfare reform, and education for jobs that will also add.

    You only look at taxes, that's funny.

    in a thread on buffets tax rules, how odd I focus on taxes...... odd I say!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    No its not class warfare. Thats just a catch phrase. Other than the fact that Obama is for it, do you actually have a reason for not wanting people to pay taxes?


    yes, I find us to be far overtaxed, if the fed and state was limited to 15% and that's it, they may by neccecity need to become far more efficient, and more careful where they spend and what they do with our money.


    And it is class warfare that Obama is playing, it's an irrellevant argument that adds next to nothing to the fedgov sow's trough.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The alternate is do nothing until we come up with a bill that will eliminate our debt? I hate to break it to you, but that is not going to happen. That 40 billion won't pay of interest for a week? We pay on average about 21 billion in interest a month. So yes it would cover a week. Dont exaggerate please. Futhermore that 40 billion is not going to just pay on the interest. It is going to reduce the debt amount and not only give us 40 billion but also reduce the amount that we are paying in interest. Even if only by a few million a month. You pass a few bills reducing it by 40 billion and you are making a difference. Which is far better than ignoring it and doing nothing.
    This is the great LIE that Obama and Reid are pushing on the gullible. It does seem that they are better, more cunning politicians than their foes. It would seem that the Republicans would have been better off allowing this to pass in the senate and then taking up the issue of COMPREHENSIVE tax reform in the house. The house could then call on members from both sides, the senate and white house to come up with a bill.

    It has been done, look at the tax reform act in 1986 with Bill Bradley as a key leader on the issue.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    yes, I find us to be far overtaxed, if the fed and state was limited to 15% and that's it, they may by neccecity need to become far more efficient, and more careful where they spend and what they do with our money.


    And it is class warfare that Obama is playing, it's an irrellevant argument that adds next to nothing to the fedgov sow's trough.....
    15% is sad and rediculous. Especially considering the number of tax breaks, and deductions and other loopholes the rich exploit so they aren't even going to be paying the 30% of their actual income.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate fails to advance Buffett rule

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    yes, I find us to be far overtaxed, if the fed and state was limited to 15% and that's it, they may by neccecity need to become far more efficient, and more careful where they spend and what they do with our money.
    Or they close the LTCG handout and raise it to 30% and then whiners like yourself can deal with it since even YOU admitted it won't affect you in the slightest.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post

    And it is class warfare that Obama is playing, it's an irrellevant argument that adds next to nothing to the fedgov sow's trough.....
    LOL $40 Billion adds nothing according to you. You can't make this **** up folks and it's people like the rev that complain about class warfare when $40 Billion means nothing to them.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •