Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 121

Thread: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

  1. #71
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    At the expense of tax payers, in an era when revenue is only 2/3 of total expenditure. Yeah, nothing important, or anything.
    Huh? How does a private lawsuit against a private party, with the parties paying the court costs, add to the deficit? That's the lamest excuse yet.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Are Democrats now at war with "Stay-at-home" moms? What about all those stay-at-home moms on welfare who vote Democrat? Do they realize they are now under attack? Who is going to save them in the war?

  3. #73
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Oh really ?

    Like "Loser Pays" ...... oh wait

    Sorry, but "because I said so" doesn't work. Try again though
    As in, a party can be sanctioned for filing a frivolous lawsuit. As in, frivilous lawsuits can be dismissed very quickly via a motion to dismiss.

    Let's get real here. The Act only provides a 180 day statute of limitations, which is pretty damned short by any standard. The reason the Act was needed is that the SC held that the 180 day period started to run when the EMPLOYER made the decision to discriminate. Now how in the **** is a woman supposed to know that? A woman could work for a company for 10 years and only then discover that she's been paid half what her male cooworkers are making. According to the SC she can go pound sand because her statute of limitations ran almost nine years prior. It's absurd and Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for opposing the law.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #74
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As in, a party can be sanctioned for filing a frivolous lawsuit. As in, frivilous lawsuits can be dismissed very quickly via a motion to dismiss.

    Let's get real here. The Act only provides a 180 day statute of limitations, which is pretty damned short by any standard. The reason the Act was needed is that the SC held that the 180 day period started to run when the EMPLOYER made the decision to discriminate. Now how in the **** is a woman supposed to know that? A woman could work for a company for 10 years and only then discover that she's been paid half what her male cooworkers are making. According to the SC she can go pound sand because her statute of limitations ran almost nine years prior. It's absurd and Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for opposing the law.
    and once again they didnt oppose that part of it. Keep ignoring facts to suit your overly biased and blinded opinions. Get back to me when you want to make your own opinion with all of the information rather than just going with what you were told to think.
    Last edited by Kreton; 04-13-12 at 02:28 PM.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #75
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,833

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Is it possible that slogan based campaigns that rely on emotion versus reason is one of the reasons the country is in the mess it is in?
    Yes...not only possible, but quite probable.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #76
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Are Democrats now at war with "Stay-at-home" moms? What about all those stay-at-home moms on welfare who vote Democrat? Do they realize they are now under attack? Who is going to save them in the war?
    No, they're the hero's!!! It's only stay at home moms who have taken nothing from the government that are the scum of the earth.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  7. #77
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    and once again they didnt oppose that part of it. Keep ignoring facts to suit your overly biased and blinded opinions. Get back to me when you want to make your own opinion with all of the information rather than just going with what you were told to think.
    Did they vote against it nearly unanimously? Thank you. Case closed.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #78
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did they vote against it nearly unanimously? Thank you. Case closed.
    and once again they didnt oppose that part of it. Keep ignoring facts to suit your overly biased and blinded opinions. Get back to me when you want to make your own opinion with all of the information rather than just going with what you were told to think.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #79
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    and once again they didnt oppose that part of it. Keep ignoring facts to suit your overly biased and blinded opinions. Get back to me when you want to make your own opinion with all of the information rather than just going with what you were told to think.
    Here's the thing: you are wrong. The part they didn't like is the part that is the guts of the bill. They opposed extending the statute of limitations. Other than that, you have a great point.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #80
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Biden: 'War on Women' is Real, Will Intensify

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Are Democrats now at war with "Stay-at-home" moms? What about all those stay-at-home moms on welfare who vote Democrat? Do they realize they are now under attack? Who is going to save them in the war?
    *snip* - wrong thread!
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 04-13-12 at 04:34 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •